PDA

View Full Version : got to manage this lupus

tinaree
04-07-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm new to this site. Have had lupus for about 2 years, maybe longer. I need to learn how to manage this lupus before it manages me. I'm missing out on everything. And getting very frustrated. I need some suggestions for alternative treatment, diet, anything. :?

sick n tired
04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Tinaree,

Welcome to this forum. I know what you mean that the lupus can end up managing you. I have had some time wondering what to do. I can't believe that I used to waterski, etc.. I know that there are some foods that you can abstain from with some help.

I have heard Red meat is something to stay away from as well as processed foods, white sugar and flour. Most of the foods that are bad to have will wreak havoc to your pain if ingested on a regular basis.

Vitamin b12 helps with pain and vitamin c seems to help, too. My brother swears by drinking 2 tablespoons of applecider vinegar in distilled water a day. I have just started and will let you know.

I hope that you are up and about soon.....

Pearl
04-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello Tinaree -

I just wanted to offer my welcome and wishes for you that you find some hope and comfort here. As for your struggles, we can all relate. Some days are better than others, some hours are better than others. All I can offer right now is a cyber hug to you and my prayers that you see better days very soon.

Be as well as you can be, every day.

Jana

sits_inthe_corner
04-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey sick n tired

A lady I work with told me about the apple cyder thing, she said her father inlaw swears by it. So I tried it....mMMMmm didn't likes it.

While my finger nails got stronger and healthier looking....that was about it. Plus that vinager is hard on my stomack.

Let me know how it works for you.

sick n tired
04-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately sitc, it just tears me up....It is like sending a gilt edged invitation to Gerdie to come and stay.

My brother said thatI just didn't use enough.....whatever...he does not have gerd and therefore doesn't know how wretched it makes one feel. I also have barretts and all I need is for that to become cancer.

He did say that it made a plantar wart go away...

sits_inthe_corner
04-08-2008, 02:37 AM
sick n tired

:twisted: Tell him to put a water mellon between his knees and walk around in a figure 8 for about 1 minute and a 1/2 five times a day. :P

When he askes why tell him it will help get his planter's wart back.

Hahahahahaha

Sorry but do you know how many times someone has tried to get me to do a home remadey that I'm allergic to?

It about drives me nuts.

Saysusie
04-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Sick-n-tired;
what a precious picture. Do tell us the story, or did I miss it???

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
SITC....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that I will do just that.....you have summed up my exasperation with his remedies in a nutshell.

sick n tired
04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Saysusie,

That is my precious grandbaby, Lexie!!! :D

Saysusie
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
She is absolutely beautiful. How proud you must be. :lol:

Saysusie

Oluwa
04-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Tinaree,

Hi, I am Oluwa..welcome.

Diet, alternatives...you could try eating an anti-inflammatory diet, which includes things like salmon (fresh or canned), ground flax seed, olive oil...legumes, fresh bright in color vegetables and fruits, i.e, raspberries, tomatoes, eggplant, spinach. Check out the book; The Anti-Inflammation Zone...by Dr. Sears.

Stay away from colorful wrapper foods, additives, preservatives as much as possible. Avoid food dyes too...yellow especially. Avoid alfalfa sprouts. Avoid simple carbs, as in sugar, white breads, white rice, cereals..always opt for whole fresh foods. Just stay on the outside of the grocer aisles and you should be fine...

Check with your doctor about supplementing with Fish Oils, the B's Vitamins...

Exercise..try low-impact. Elliptical Trainer, yoga, pilates...or just stretching daily. Walking..

Avoid stress...and remember save a bit of energy for tomorrow. Don't run yourself ragged.

Hope these ideas will help with managing Lupus instead of it controlling you...

Keep looking for your wellness, Tinaree.
Oluwa

Saysusie
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Tinaree;
Ooops, how could I have missed your post???? I was so enamored by the beautiful baby picture I guess. I'm sorry that I neglected to welcome you to our family. Thank Goodness everyone else picked up the ball and welcomed you. As you can see, we have a very caring family here and they take care of me when I drop the ball :lol:
Anyway...welcome to our family. You've been given excellent advice and I hope that it helps you! I'm glad that you joined us.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi Tinaree..

How goes life, wondering how you are?

Did you get lost in the shuffle when the site went down? I am hoping you will get an email saying someone is wondering about you on your thread...

Still frustrated?

Have you had the chance to try any of my suggestions...?

Hoping things are better and you don't feel like life is passing you by...

Hugs,
Oluwa