PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of questions

Darkhime
04-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Most of you who have lupus on here are around my mom and dads age. I am lucky to have found this group with experienced people.
Questions:
1. If I ever decide to get married and have kids, will it effect them because I have lupus?

2. What are the chances of (my future kids) them also getting lupus?

3. Are there any natural cures for lupus?

uuhmmm that is all the questions i can come up with for now.

sits_inthe_corner
04-06-2008, 08:31 AM
:D

Here's some answers:

1. Possibley, my mother had lupus...but she was undiagnosed. We didn't find out till after she passed away suddenly. She was in alot of pain for the majority of my life. But I admire her strength and her determination. She kept going no matter what. But she also taught me that you do what you can do, and know when to let things go and say no sorry I cant do that right now.

2. There is a chance but that's not to say they will. My sister is diagnosed and she has two sons who are not showing any signs. I am having some issues but I'm not diagnosed yet. But that's another story. I'm glad my mother had me, and I'm thrilled my sister had her two boys. Nothing in life is for sure. You have to do what your heart says.

3. Yes. You should speak to your doctor and ask about the natural approach. What ever you decide to do make sure sure sure your doctor is aware of you choice and that you have good reliable guidance with the natural approach to dealing with your lupus. Just because some of the substances are organic or natural doesn't mean they are not dangerous if taken the wrong way or in the wrong combination.

Darkhime
04-06-2008, 08:43 AM
:D

Here's some answers:

1. Possibley, my mother had lupus...but she was undiagnosed. We didn't find out till after she passed away suddenly. She was in alot of pain for the majority of my life. But I admire her strength and her determination. She kept going no matter what. But she also taught me that you do what you can do, and know when to let things go and say no sorry I cant do that right now.

2. There is a chance but that's not to say they will. My sister is diagnosed and she has two sons who are not showing any signs. I am having some issues but I'm not diagnosed yet. But that's another story. I'm glad my mother had me, and I'm thrilled my sister had her two boys. Nothing in life is for sure. You have to do what your heart says.

3. Yes. You should speak to your doctor and ask about the natural approach. What ever you decide to do make sure sure sure your doctor is aware of you choice and that you have good reliable guidance with the natural approach to dealing with your lupus. Just because some of the substances are organic or natural doesn't mean they are not dangerous if taken the wrong way or in the wrong combination.
Thank you, that has really helped me alot. My mom worries to much about me and my future, it was her that told me to ask those questions. Now this will bring some sort of relief to her and me.

sits_inthe_corner
04-06-2008, 09:15 AM
:) Valid questions and valid concerns. You and your family will probably have others and even revisit these ones.

Others on this board will have more insite and information for you. It's important to ask the questions buzzing around in your head.

Let your mom know that there is a section on this board for family members of people with lupus. She may find some helpful posts in that section.

I have my sister to sound off of. She's in remission right now. She has been for years and I pray she stays that way.

There is nothing to say that lupus will hold you back in any way. Yah you are going to have some issues to deal with that your friends don't have to deal with. But remember we all have our stuff....for some it might be diabetes for others addictions...define normal!

:) There's still alot of fun and love to be shared...and there's alot of support out there. Sometimes it's hard to find, but it sounds like you are off to a great start.

Oluwa
04-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Darkhime,

I am from a family of eight siblings. My Mum is from a family of nine children. My father is from a family of thirteen children and I am the only one with Lupus though diabetes, another autoimmune disease runs on my father side....

Cures, don't know, don't believe there is one from my reads and care..but preventing more symptoms is key...and controlling the ones you do have through, avoiding stress, eating clean, avoiding sugars, exercise...and etc..

Keep looking for your wellness,
Oluwa.