PDA

View Full Version : Frazzled, stressed...this may help.

Oluwa
04-04-2008, 04:21 PM
A bit of Buddism to calm your mind, to be mindful try this. I mix the East with the West. I find they compliment one another nicely..

I say with a little humming vibration...or say the words in your thoughts...visualize to. Your breathing, letting go...

As you breathe in, say:"Breathing in, I know I am breathing in.”

As you breathe out,say: "Breathing out, I know I am breathing out" and so on with each of the following..

"Breathing in a long breath, I know I am breathing in a long breathe. Breathing out, I know I am breathing out a long breath.”

"Breathing in, I am aware of my whole body. Breathing out, I smile at my whole body" .....With this exercise we can be aware of our feet, calves, knees, thighs, hips, back, stomach, small intestines, large intestines, lungs, heart, liver, spleen, kidneys, bladder, your throat, face, head, hair and brain. We become aware of different parts of our body and the positions of our body – whether we are sitting, walking, lying down, etc.

"Breathing in, I am aware of my whole body. Breathing out, I calm the activities of my whole body. ......We can be as specific or as general as we want with this exercise. For e.g. We can say, breathing in, I am aware of my stomach, system of muscles, nervous system, etc, breathing out, I calm the activities of my stomach, system of muscles, nervous system, etc.

“Breathing in I feel joyful. Breathing out, I feel joyful.”

“Breathing in, I feel happy. Breathing out, I feel happy.”

“Breathing in, I am aware of feelings (pleasant, unpleasant & neutral). Breathing out, I am aware of my feelings.” .....We become aware of and explore pleasant, unpleasant and neutral feelings and their psychological feelings, physiological feelings and physical roots.

“Breathing in, I calm my feelings. Breathing out, I calm my feelings.”

“Breathing in, I am aware of my mind. Breathing out, I am aware of my mind.”..... You become aware of other mental formations besides feelings including thoughts, reasoning, anger, imagination. We observe the rising, duration and cessation of these formations. We observe these in the spirit of non-duality, with no barrier between the subject and object of observation.

“Breathing in, I make my mind happy. Breathing out, I make my mind happy.”

“Breathing in, I concentrate my mind. Breathing out, I concentrate my mind.”

“Breathing in, I liberate my mind. Breathing out, I liberate my mind.”

“Breathing in, I observe the impermanent nature of all dharmas (objects). Breathing out, I observe the impermanent nature of all dharmas.”

“Breathing in, I observe the disappearance of desire. Breathing out, I observe the disappearance of desire.”

“Breathing in, I observe cessation. Breathing out, I observe cessation.”

“Breathing in, I observe letting go. Breathing out, I observe letting go.”

Now go take on the day.....

hatlady
04-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh Oluwa, I'm printing this out so I can use it every day. What a beautiful meditation! THank you!

Peace ~ Namaste ~ and a hug for good measure,

hatlady