PDA

View Full Version : A worried Mom with questions- No DX

Worried_Mommy
04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Hello,

I really don't know where to start, but I thought I should probably introduce myself before I just start posting.

I am here to ask questions and look for information due to the fact that my 9 year old son is having some issues that have him needing to see a Rheumatologist. The problem is, we can't get in to see the doctor until May 28, because his office is the only pediatric rhemo. in our state.
Needless to say, it is very difficult for this Mom to sit back and see her little boy not doing so well, and just patiently wait for a couple of months.

I have tried to read as much as possible online, but mostly at reputable medical sites. I know, however, that medical sites are not always as accurate as people who actually live with the problems.

I am hoping to ask a few questions and get a little information that will be of comfort , or at least help us be as prepared as possible. I really appreciate any help. Thank you.

sits_inthe_corner
04-04-2008, 03:49 PM
:) Hello Worried_Mommy

I'm not diagnosed yet, but I didn't want to see your post go with out a response. I'm sure others will be along shortly.

I'm sorry to hear you have to waite so long for someone to see your son. What are his symptoms. Perhaps there are some common every day things you can do to help him make it through to his appointment.

and welcome to the site :)

Worried_Mommy
04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I did not know if it was okay to post symptoms here or not, so I started a new post in the symptoms area. I was going to post a link here, but an anti-spam filter prevented it. (Completely understandable.) Thank you again. :D

Saysusie
04-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Worried-Mommy;
Welcome to our family. I've not yet read you post in Symptoms, but I will. Just wanted to add my welcome and to let you know that everyone here will do all that they can to answer your questions and give you information.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Faith
04-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Worried Mommy,

Welcome to our group and my prayers are with you and your son. Check out from the local library a book written by Daniel J. Wallace Lupus for patients and families. It explains everything in detail.

I hope this helps.

Faith 8)

Pearl
04-06-2008, 07:49 AM
I just wanted to offer my welcome. I know this "hello" doesn't do much in terms of easing your worries about your son, but please know that there are many people here to offer comfort, support and information. The Book Faith mentioned is excellent. You might also wish to check out the website of the Lupus Foundation of America, at

http://www.lupus.org/newsite/index.html

This website is excellent, and it provides links to other websites that you may find useful.

Best of luck to you. Please keep us posted. You and your son will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jana

sick n tired
04-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I know how hard it is to have an ill child and not have any answers. Try not to let your mind run away with you. Easier said than done, I know.

You and your son are in my prayers.

I will read the post in symptoms.

Karen