PDA

View Full Version : New member from IL!!

trishalp
04-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Trisha...I found out I had lupus in 2003. I'm 30 years old with two Beautiful Children (Ahmad and Amari) At first I cried when I was told about my illiness now I'm currently not on any meds. I wanted to join a group of my peers. Yeah we might look fine on the outside but for those that have lupus doesn't mean your well. I hope to gain some new friends and let's try to get more research and media attention....

Saysusie
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi Trishalp :lol:
Welcome to our family. I am happy to hear that you are able to control your Lupus without medications. I hope that you remain medication-free for a very long time :lol:
You will, most assuredly, meet some of the most understanding, informative, caring and supportive people here! And, yes, let's do all we can to help find a cure for this incurable disease.

Again...Welcome
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome Trisha,

If you are looking for a group of your peers, then you are in the right place. Your words are so true. People see our relatively placid exterior, and have no concept of the war being fought inside our bodies. I've found so much support, and friendship here. This site, and the people here, have made a positive impact on my life. Thers's always somene who will listen, and there's even some pretty good humor from time to time. Welcome.

Rob

sits_inthe_corner
04-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Welcome trishalp

It's nice to meet you :)

I'm waiting to find out if I have lupus. I'm on medication but it's not doing anything for me. What sorts of things are you doing to control your lupus?

This is a very friendly warm site and very informative.

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Trisha,

Welcome to the forum...I am 46 and was finally diagnosed last September.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Karen

Pearl
04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Just wanted to add my welcome. So happy to hear you are medication free. I hope you find support here.

Jana

trishalp
04-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Thank You All For the Warm Welcomes! :D
I been working out and reducing some of my stress. I'm a single parent so that is really hard to do but when my babies are at school...I take long walks and I try hard to clear my mind....At the moment I getting fatigue more now my allergies are kicking in because of the weather...So I'm praying in a month they won't have to put me back on medication.