PDA

View Full Version : Its Official, Universal Health Care

Shyce
04-01-2008, 07:49 AM
yup, it started today. but theres much debate about whether it will work. the system is very much like what exists in Canada, and the UK. but of course, i doubt its as organised. plus persons who previously were unable to pay the relevant fees will be soaking up all this. i know i will be.

the amount of money i spent just this year is thousands of dollars (couple thousand US$) much of which ive borrowed. so this will be a breath of fresh air.

Saysusie
04-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Rachie;
I am so happy to hear this. Please, let us know how you will be able to benefit from the universal health care. I am hoping that it will finally relieve you of some of your burdens!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
04-01-2008, 09:10 AM
That's great Rachie. Even if there are some glitches, it's still help that didn't exist before, and that's a good thing. I hope it can bring you the financial relief and peace of mind you need.

Missy
04-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope it works out well for you and takes some financial burdens off of you!

Good luck!

sick n tired
04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Rachie,

I am so glad to hear that you will soon be getting needed medical care.
That's great!!!

sits_inthe_corner
04-03-2008, 04:31 AM
:D Congrats Rachie...

That's wonderful...there may be some hiccups...but hopefully once the ball is rolling there will be improvements.

I'm sooo happy for you.

Shyce
04-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, due in part to the recent available health care here, ive just today discovered we now have disability plans available. i guess similar to what Rob has. its not a lot, buyt it does even include housing for some persons. im not sure yet where i stand, but im guaranteed approval for something. i also qualify for grants, and can get contributions towards entrepreneurial activities or school.

nothing is final yet. bureaucracy rules here. it will take time. but at least im comforted knowing i wont be turned down because of my current condition.

im positive about all that s happened in just this week. last week i would never have expected it.

ive been interviewed for a series of articles in the paper. i must admit it might create some interest here as i mentioned the site. and lupus is pretty common, but not necessarily commonly severe.

for now im going to have a long long sleep. this has been a busy week for me. and tomorrow is an all day doctor affair.

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow Rachie,

This is really good news. I am relieved that you are going to get the help you need. I was very worried about you.

Karen

Gisèle
04-07-2008, 05:59 PM
That's wonderful news!! I really hope it works well; keep us posted about its progress!

Shyce
04-08-2008, 07:27 AM
well, today is my first day examining this new system. i have to go in for some diagnostics, blood tests and such. i having an early start, just in case. i know last week (when it started) it was difficult with crowds. im hoping its calmed down a bit.

so tomorrow i will update how it oes :D
(I know i will be way too tired later)

Saysusie
04-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Can't wait to hear from you.....

Saysusie

sick n tired
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I hope the crowds were better, but if not I hope that you were seen today. This is exciting that you are able to get this done.

Blessings to you,

Karen

scubagramplit
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Shyce
Thank God that you are finaly an your way to some help.
Saysusie, again and always God bless you for your helpful insight and information at a time when it is most needed :!: An angel you are :angel: