PDA

View Full Version : Previous Injuries and Lupus

rob
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok, here's one that's baffled me for some time. My Dr./Rheumotologist has no info on this either. I have an 8" long scar on my back, between my shoulder blades, to the right of my spine. It's from a car accident back when I was in high school. I forgot all about it for years. Now, when I start to have a flare, it tingles, and burns. It's the strangest sensation. I can feel the sensation exactly where the scar stops on both ends, and nowhere else. The pain is similar to when I had it stiched up 25 years ago. It's very distinct, and not one of the weird "roaming" pains I get. Anybody else have this happen? Sometimes I think many of my aches and pains aren't from the years, but from the excessive miles. I wonder what the heck is going to start hurting tomorrow. One week it's my jaw, then my back, and then behind my eyes. I get sick of this sometimes, but you all know that already. Gotta complain once in awhile I guess.

Saysusie
03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Rob;
I don't know if the tingling sensation in your scar is related to Lupus or not. However, I have a 4" scar on my right hip from a hiking accident. When I am sick, or in a really bad flare, it gets bright red, it itches and I swear that it even swells up a bit. I never mentioned it to my doctor because I just wrote it off to one of those things that Lupus aggravates when it flares :?
I put ice on it when these events occur. Eventually, the sensations go away, the redness goes away and I forget about it (until it happens again).
Maybe someone will have answers for both you and I :)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
03-31-2008, 05:13 AM
You hit the nail on the head Saysusuie. It sounds like the same thing. It's not intense pain either, but more of a constant burning that comes and goes.

Saysusie
03-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Yep, exactly!!! Weird huh? I guess that we should probably mention this to our doctors huh??? :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
03-31-2008, 05:08 PM
I have a scar from surgery when I was 27 ... it gets irritated once in a while...I rub vitamin E oil on it and eventually it settles down again. I cant say that I ever paid much attention to it.

Like saysusie, I just thougth it was one of those quirky things. As I am still trying to get myself seen by some one who believes in lupus :lol: I dont have anyone to ask.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my family doctor...sigh...I feel like I'm getting ready for battle. I hope she followed through with my current rhuemy. Either way I want her to move to someone els.

Let me know what you two find out. I'm curious now LOL.

When I was 18 I was in a car accident. An injury from that came back to haunt me this year. Seems I should have had my head xrayed...my pallet was cracked.

As I get older an my bones shrink...the fracture widens :( I'm not sure what this means for down the road, but I'm thinking it cant be good.

Faith
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey sitsc,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your pallet.

I was in a car accident in high school; ended up with a noggin on my head. I always wore seatbelts; but were I was sitting it was broke. God was really talking to me and I kept trying to get it to buckle.

My friend no sooner pulled out into the flow of traffic and 10' later we were sideswiped. I flew across the car and hit my head on the closed window. I will not get into a car anymore without a proper working seatbelt. Ironically, through the years it has slowly gotten bigger. Never thought about having a doc check it out. Though I have read of car accidents and fibro linked together. It was interesting.

Keep us updated. Push for the rhuemy, because they aren't going to just say ok. You are your own advocate, and have every right to a good rhuematologist. Make a daily list of pains/aches that you have been experiencing. Confront and explain that it is not getting better. The rhuemy you are presently seeing thinks your "making it all up" and is doing nothing for you at all. This seems to be typical of bad rhuemys. Fight!!!

Faith