PDA

View Full Version : Hatlady

Oluwa
03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I am missing you....still looking for you Easter Basket? I will share mine. You can have the licorice jelly beans...

I hope you are well....Thinking of you.
Oluwa
xoxo

Oluwa
04-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey Hatlady...still missing you.

Easter has long past, April showers have begun...wondering where you. In the yard, getting ready for May flowers?

Thinkin of you,
Oluwa

hatlady
04-05-2008, 01:42 PM
:D Hey Oluwa! I'll take those licorice jelly beans - they were always my favorites!

I've been busy with work - new boss started last week, so no time durig the week to check in. I miss you guys!

Easter with the family was fun - my cousin told me that PEEPS were fun to microwave ("nuke") So we did a green one. Laughed uproariously as the thing grew and GREW and GREW!! Had we had chocolate bars and graham crackers, I might have taken the obvious next step and made a s'more. As it was, we gave the messy thing to one of the kids, who thought it was great.

The stress of a new boss has meant I've been a bit flary this week, but luckily nothing that sleeping in rather than going to the gym couldn't cure. By the end of the day I've been exhausted - and in bed early. Ah well, next week should start to get better, though we have an audit on Friday that's going to take some work to ready for -- THAT kind of work is sort of fun, though, as it is sorting and cleaning out and making things better. Not as mentally taxing, the worst hazard is papercuts.

Hugs dear, and to all here. I hope Teriod, Browneyedgirl, and the others who've been struggling of late are feeling better.

I'll try to check in at least once mid-week, gotta keep up with everyone!

sits_inthe_corner
04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Hugsss hatlady

It's great to see you :) How are you getting on with your new boss? I'll have to tell mine about nuking the peeps. She loves them stale, but she'ld probably get a giggle out of nuking them too. do the explode?

I hope your flare is short lived. Took me along time to realize that working out was actually a good thing to do during a flare.

I wish I could get some of this weight off :( nothing seems to help. I'll just keep eating healthy and moving my body...sigh...next week I'm calling to book an appointment with a nutricianist (not sure of the spelling)

Please do make a point of checking in. Oluwa and saysusie get sulkie when lupy family dont check in :)

mnjodette
04-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi, Hatlady! Great to hear from you. Sorry the flare is keeping you down a bit. With some luck, it will take a hike soon. Sounds like things with your new boss are going OK so far....any surprises?

I forgot about the 'expanding Peeps' thing! I will have to show my granddaughter, although...now that I think about it...maybe that's not such a great idea! I envision pink and yellow and purple marshmallow all over the inside of my microwave. :shock:

Peep 'smores! Great idea, Hatlady! (I think I'd rather just eat the Hershey bars....)

Jody

Saysusie
04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Hatlady;
So glad to see you back. I'm sorry about the stress you are dealing with at work. But, it sounds as if you've got a good handle on everything! Stay well and take very good care of yourself :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

hatlady
04-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the thoughts - yes, this boss will be a LOT different from the last one. In a positive way, I think. The last one -- my weekly meetings lasted 15 minutes. 20 was a LONG one. I had to race through what I needed to say in order to get everything in. Drove me nuts.

This one? Turnaround! Schedules my weeklies for an HOUR. The first meeting I had to purposely slow myself down, I am so unused to being listened to and discussed with.

I think things will go well. And I appreciate all the positive vibes - I've been feeling them!

Hugs ~~

sits_inthe_corner
04-06-2008, 01:47 PM
:) that's wonderful hatlady

I'm very happy for you. I have a wonderful supervisor at work. She's very logical and calm with a super sense of humor.

It just makes working pleasurable when you feel like part of a team.

Oluwa
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
There you are Hatlady....Hi.

Peeps, that is too funny. My Mum loved those soft little birds. Next Easter I wil have to try that...

I am glad you you are able to control the flare by some ZZZZZZzzz's. It feels good when a person gets a decent night of sleep. For awhile I've a few knock out brawls with the sheets. Wrestling, tossing. Sleeping much better with the new pills.

How many band-aids are on your fingers from papercuts thus far?

Nice to read you again...
Hugs,
Oluwa