PDA

View Full Version : morning star

sits_inthe_corner
03-21-2008, 07:42 AM
How ya doing morning star

Haven't seen ya post in awhile. Hope you are doing well :)

morning star
03-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Well as of yesterday I started into a bad flare and I'm not doing so good at all, I'm hurting so bad I waiting to long to take my Ultram ER and forgot it takes awile to kick in as well so I didn't think I wasn't gonna make it home from work, my stomach hurt, nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness, achiness, headache, fatigue, very extreme weak feeling. So I called my Rheumie today and spoke with the nurse they called me in some prednisone and if I don't feel better by next week to make another appt with my Rheumie. Does this sound like a flare, the nurse mentioned it might sound like the flu, I'm like I don't think so, I know my own body. I have never felt this weak before, I feel like I can barely walk? :( . Lupus sucks!!! Sorry, kinda depressed!

Gisèle
03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
HUGS to you, morning star. It does sound like a typical flare to me. I've had times in the past where I also had that very weak feeling accompanying my symptoms, and I felt so weak, I thought I would pass out, I am sorry you feel sick right now. In my experience, after a few days of taking prednisone, I feel much better, so hopefully you will feel a lot better in a couple days. I hope you feel well very soon, morning star.

sits_inthe_corner
03-22-2008, 01:33 AM
morning star

Soft hugsss...sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the predisone kicks in soon. Any thoughts as to what might have brought the flare on?

I've been looking for a pattern for mine...but so far notta. It just comes when it wants to.

For myself when I'm in a flare; I'm very cranky and drained, my body feels like a sack of wet clay .... a very tired sack of wet clay. I dont have any stomack upset.

We each have our little differences with our flares. I'm sure you know yours quite will. :) Get some rest.

mnjodette
03-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Morningstar, I'm sooo sorry you're feeling lousy. Yeah, I get the super-weak feeling too, when I'm in a flare. And I also find no real pattern - some flares last a day; some last a month. My rheumie says she doesn't think I've really been totally 'flare-free' since I was diagnosed, about two years ago. But, I don't have that super-weak feeling all the time...I'd be flat on my back!

I'm sorry you're going through that. It's an awful feeling. It's OK to feel glum when it happens...but remember that you WILL come out on the other side of it. Prednisone (as nasty as it can be) is a real God-send for controlling those symptoms. Warm thoughts to you, morningstar...hope you're better soon.

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
03-23-2008, 01:20 AM
:shock: JODY

Is that one of your photo's? It's gorgous!

morning star
03-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, yes I'm feeling a little better today, however I"m still short of breath and my chest hurts and still a bit weak but man not like I was I thought I was gonna pass out! I actually slept good last night oh it felt so good. I'm kinda worried about my urine the past 2 days have been really dark looking, wondering if the inflammation has affected that as well?

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi Morningstar,

Sometimes urine is dark because you have not been drinking enough water. So, perhaps if you step up your water intake then your urine will get lighter and clearer.

Sorry about the shortness of breath. Are you calling your rheumy about that? I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Prednisone is great, isn't it?

Hugs,

Karen

Faith
03-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi Morningstar,

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. You aren't alone; never on this website!! lol.

Kenalog shots work great too!! The shots bypass your organs and protects them versus the pill form. You are able to have Kenalog shots up to every three months. They really knock the inflammation down.

I hope you are feeling much better.

Faith 8)

mnjodette
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Morningstar!

No, SITC - not my photo - just a 'canned' photo that reminded me of the trip! I did get some nice one's though - I'll get around to posting a few. Been a little crazy around here.

Jody

rlbyler
03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey there little Missy!

I know what your going through with the weak achy crappy feeling. I get the same way. I have asthma, on top of everything else, and man, as much as I'm wanting summer to get here, I'm dreading the spring asthma issues. Crap...I have a feeling that could be a worsen (invented word) of the lupus.

Don't fear sister. We all get glum, and we all get depressed, and we all fret, and man I'm there with you. Predisone hasn't been so great for me unless it's in high doeses (like now I'm taking 50 mg), then it's a total GOD send.

Make sure your rhumie knows that your still having shortness of breath, you could have an underlying infection that's kicking your small little rear.....know what I mean?

Hugs and lots of love to you!

Robin