PDA

View Full Version : Teriod! Hello!

mnjodette
03-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey, Teriod - so good to see your post in reply to one of the new members! How are you? Hangin' in there? I know you've had a tough time. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you.

Jody

TERIOD
03-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey Jody, I m doin ok now!! things are settling down, just battling the sunshine now,,, how have you been, stayin warm and dry up there I hope,, I got me a big floppy straw hat now and have found helioplex at 85 to coat my self with,, it seems to help alot,,,, now if could get these darn cats under control, i would be just fine

Terry :D

Saysusie
03-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey Teriod;
I wrote a response to your post in "New Members". Just wanted to say, again, how happy I am to see your posts and to hear that you are doing better!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Teroid,

So glad to see you again. I just saw some of your other posts. I was very worried about you. Your wife seemed to worried. I have been sporadic for the last few months with the illness of one of my daughters, so the last post that I remember responding of yours was that puzzle that you placed around Christmas. Great puzzle, by the way.

breathing a sigh of relief,

Karen

Oluwa
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
There you are...we wondered, we worried. We spoke with your wife in another thread. Did you decide on the Rituxan? Is the Rituxan working?

Toss the cats a fish...I have only one. Fat, slow... yet the instigator. Always stirring up the dog. She slowly invades the dog space, till the dog gets irritated and leaves. Then the cat slowly waddles in, takes over and curls into the warm place the dog had just left...

Happy Spring...Terry.

It is nice to read you again,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
03-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Last night...I woke up to my cat sitting on my head....

That's right...sitting square on my head. So I moved my head to the side and then he flopped on "MY" pillow and stretched out.

Then he suddlent turns into a 300 pound sack of wet clay and I cant budge him off "MY" pillow.

Did you know that cats are "supposed" to lower blood pressure. Hahahaha what they dont tell you is they also deprive you of sleep and steal your stuff. :lol:

mnjodette
03-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Glad you're doing better, Teriod. You've been missed! If you find a way to keep your cats in line, let us all know, huh? One of our cats knocked over my husband's musical instrument (a bass) and snapped the neck right off. (I think I may have posted that story....who knows...fog.....) Anyway, cat's lucky hubby didn't snap HER neck!

Give us an update on the rituxan thing...did you start it? I'm anxious to hear, too.

Jody

Saysusie
03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Aw man.....he seems to be gone again :cry:

TERIOD
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
geez cant a guy get some rest in here!!!!! :D :D ,,, so far i havent done the rituxen yet,,, ive heard some good things from people who have been treated with it , but the iv allergy reaction still scares me!! anyway it been taking some time to get it cleared through the va, so ive had time to think about it and slowly titrating down off of prednisone but that in itself is a challenge, the more i drop off, the more the pain increases no matter how slow i come down so im using a lot pain killers these days

I still here suzie(not all of us get big long vacations) :shock: glad to see ya back

got to go now the cats are awake, and i have to hide from them

Terry

Pretti in Pink
03-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Glad you stopped in to let us know how you're doing- sometimes the pain killers aren't all that bad :) !

Saysusie
03-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Teriod :lol:
See, you are gone for a while and your family here starts to panic! I'm sorry that you are dealing with pain while trying to wean off of the prednisone. Isn't the Rituxin supposed to help with that?
Hope you start to feel better quickly!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
03-29-2008, 05:57 AM
Hey, Teriod, my rheumatologist told me last month that Mayo Clinic is doing some research with rituxan for use with SLE. They are trying to answer the questions that arose with the deaths of those two people who were treated with it some time ago (they had SLE.) Using Rituxan for SLE is 'off label' as they say, and I guess that means there is some risk. Saysusie posted some great info on it a while back (couple of times, I think) and a search would give you that thread. Anyway, my rheumy was talking to me about it because my symptoms (although not life-threatening or anything) are not under control. We've tried so many other drugs, Rituxan may be what's left for me. I'm disinclined to go that route until I see what Mayo uncovers. That means I can't really reduce my prednisone, though...tough choice. Keep me posted, Teriod. I'm anxious to hear what you decide to do.

Jody

TERIOD
04-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Just an update for those of the family who wanted to know,, I am set up for rituxan treatments on april 24th,, after exstensive googling ive decided to give it a whirl also with talking to the head rhuemy at uc davis,, he said there is a good chance of reversing the damage on my kidneys, Wish me luck
Terry

Oluwa
04-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Teriod,

Hey, I want to know...

Wishing you a whole bunches of luck and many, many prayers, Teriod.

Head hug,
Oluwa

Pretti in Pink
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Teriod,

Prayerfully this will work well for you, thanks for checking in and keep us posted.

Saysusie
04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Teroid;
Wishing you tons of luck and oodles of success!!! You are in our prayers!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

TERIOD
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks Ladies

sits_inthe_corner
04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
TERIOD

Best wishes for the treatment...keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for ya, and I've got my eyes crossed for rob's MRI and my ___ crossed for Jody...I'm running out of things to cross so you'd all best start perking up here!

Let us know how your doing :)

mnjodette
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey, I'll be anxious to hear about the Rituxan treatment, Teriod! I asked about that on another thread, so I'm glad to hear you have that set up. Keep us all posted, my friend!

Jody

TERIOD
04-12-2008, 12:38 PM
im getting kind of anxious about it myself,,,,I hope it works as good as ive been told :?