PDA

View Full Version : Another Funny Story

rob
03-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey everyone, it's so good to be back! I have another funny story to tell. My father has a small boat that he keeps docked at the local marina. He has a new spot to dock at this year. I went down to the marina with him to scope out the new spot, and to get his boat ready to put in this spring. It was really foggy and overcast that day. He asks me how I've been doing the past few days. I tell him OK, but I had another darn flare, and the fog has been really bad. Well, the harbor master was walking by, and overheard part of our conversation. He stops to talk and says "Yeah, this fog has really been bad today, but the weather is supposed to clear up by tomorrow". Then, he says "Sounds like you are having problems with your flares, the boat supply shop has new Coast Guard approved flares on sale. You don't want to get caught out on the water and discover your signal flares are old or defective". My father and I look at each other and start laughing! The puzzled harbor master looks at us and says "Safety while out on the water is no laughing matter". We just nodded our heads, and thanked him for the advice.

sits_inthe_corner
03-19-2008, 08:36 AM
:lol:

Put a whole new perspective on your day lol...dont get caught with faulty flares hahahahaha.

Pearl
03-19-2008, 08:49 AM
You couldn't have made that up! Thanks for a great start to the day :lol:

Jana

rob
03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
He was so stern, and so serious, I didn't have the heart to tell him it's not that kind of fog, and not that kind of flare!

Pretti in Pink
03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
See how we can find humor in anything and GOD knows when to send someone just when we need them.

mnjodette
03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Rob, that's a great story! I have this grizzled old 'sea captain' picture in my head...how funny! Nothing funny about our kind of fog and flare either, eh? :roll:

Faith
03-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Rob,

That was a great story. I hope you are feeling better.

Faith

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Excellent story, Rob.....It is always great when we can laugh.

Karen

Saysusie
03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Hilarious Rob..... It is great when we can find humor, especially when it is so serious and well meaning at the same time!!

You could have said that you welcome defective flares and you can't wait for the fog to clear up!! ( :scrambleup: )

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie