PDA

View Full Version : Low Blood presure and body temp.

sits_inthe_corner
03-19-2008, 05:02 AM
The last few days I've been lower that usual. My bp is 104/65 and by temp has been going between 160 and 172.

I feel drained and freezing.

Pearl
03-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Like you, I always have low body temp and low BP; therefore, I am always cold. Hate air conditioning also!

Bundle up girl. Take your time standing up, getting up from bed, etc. When my bp is low, the world fades to black and I start seeing stars when I get up after laying down for a while. :shock:

Wishing you warm, tropical breezes.....

Jana

sits_inthe_corner
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
ty Jana,

I'm up to 97.1 bp is up to 107 over 70 so it is improving...cuddled up with my hot water bottle.....someone snarfed my magic bag, cant find it anywhere.

sits_inthe_corner
03-20-2008, 01:46 PM
My bp is back up to 120 over 80. Feeling better but still a tad off. I wish I knew what was what...is this a bug? Or a flare? do I have flares or is this all just arthritis with bad skin....why does my dorky rhuemy have me on plaquenil if she's not treating me for RA or lupus....why haven't I heard from the lab about having an ultra sound, why hasn't one of my doctor's conacted me about their phone conversation....sigh.

Tuesday I will make an appointment with my family doctor and try to get some answers...that's all I want...just tell me what the heck is going on.

morning star
03-21-2008, 08:19 PM
I've felt bad with a flare the past 2 days so horrible checked my temp last night and it was 96.2? I figured it would be high since I was chilling so bad. :?

sits_inthe_corner
03-22-2008, 02:21 AM
morning star

It always surprises me when I check my temp to find that it's dropped ... not risen. But I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one doing that lol. So while others with a fever are trying to lower their body temp...we are trying to bring it up. I'm going to copy a post from another post I made to rob who's not feeling well either.

Here's the paste

Another shameless plug for polar fleece bed sheets and round up your kitties and stuff em inthe bed with you...three little furry hot water bottles drink lots of fluids...do you like herbal teas? No caffine and it gives you something warm to drink.

I like chamomile tea and mint tea the best. Chamomile calms the stomach and the nerves, induces sleep and eases cold symptoms. Mint tea calms the stomach as well and it helps with respatory as well.

Also be careful of your delicate lupy skin if you are taking hot showers or baths...:( we can blister easily.

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Polar Fleece bed sheets...........mmm......sounds so comfortable......

...like a roaring fire in the hearth, soft music playing, totally warm and cozy...nice picture, huh

I think I am going to go out today for some. :)

sits_inthe_corner
03-23-2008, 01:27 AM
sick n tired

I hope you were able to find them...if it wasn't for my cat and dog wanting to be fed in the morning...I dont think I would ever get out of bed! :lol:

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree. I find it so hard to get up when I am warm and comfortable in bed. Sometimes moving feels so awful, but just staying stationary can make me forget I am in pain. :)

Taking advantage of the Day Of Rest,

Karen

Oh, Happy Easter!!

poetgal
03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
This is an interesting thread! Is the low blood pressure and low body temp a common part of lupus? I thought it was just me!! :o I always run very low in both temp and blood pressure... 80/49 is not uncommon. And my temp never reach much higher than 97 (unless I am getting a low grade temp..then they are 98.8 or a little more)..this has always been so annoying little thing I thought was all mine. It would explain the constant coldness (the Blood pressure too..I never even thought of that)..but I didn't know this was common to lupus!