Oluwa
03-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Hope for Each Day
Words of Wisdom and Faith
by Billy Graham

March 17 reads...

Unload Your Distress

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

I've been told that the French translation of this phrase, "Cast all your care upon Him" is "Unload your distresses upon God." Have you ever seen a dump truck get rid of its load? The driver simply pushes a button or pulls on a lever and the heavy load is discharged at the prescribed spot. The truck would be of no use if it carried its burden forever.

We were never meant to crush under the weight of care. We can push the button of faith or pull the lever of trust and our burden is discharged upon the shoulder of Him who said He would gladly bear it. Unload the anxieties of the present moment upon Him, for He cares for you. If He loved you enough to take the burden of your sins, can't you trust him to take away every lesser burden as well?

sick n tired
03-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Too true, Oluwa.

I find that I do remember to give my "load" over to the Lord...but...I seem to feel the need to help Him, soooo...I take the keys to the dump truck, and high tail it out of the comfort zone.

So, I think that what I need to do is throw my set of dump truck keys into the forest at night so I can not find it and pitch a tent in the parking lot of the Comfort Zone.

Maybe we all should purpose to do that.

In Him,

Karen

Saysusie
03-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Absolutely true Oluwa. I hope that you are able to find strength and comfort in your own words, especially now!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
03-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Oluwa, I am taking your set of dumptruck keys and giving them back to Him....relax in him and allow him to dump this truck.

In Him,

Karen

rob
03-24-2008, 01:05 PM
This is rather odd. I'm not really a religious person at all. Maybe this is just a coincidence. The words "Dump Truck" have quite a meaning to me. I don't know how many of you have read my story "A Reason to Live" that I posted a few days ago, but I refer back to the day I decided to commit suicide as "Dump Truck Day", as that was what I turned in front of in my car in an effort to end my life. When I have a really bad day, with a bad flare, I always tell myself "There is nothing that could be as bad as Dump Truck Day" to keep myself going and deal with the pain. It's one of the most common phrases I use. Wow. I don't know what to say. Is it a coincidence that such an uncommon combination of words such as "Dump Truck" would be used in a prayer, and in a phrase, that gives a person hope? I'm sorry if this all sounds rather strange, but it just really struck me from out of the blue.

sick n tired
03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
No Rob,

It is not strange. I think that you needed to see these words like the rest of us. I personally do not believe in Luck or coincidence. All that happens has meaning and not just chance.

Karen

rob
03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Karen, I need to step back, and let my foggy brain process this. Hmmm.

sick n tired
03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I'll pray for clarity for you, Rob.

Saysusie
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I am also praying that you receive understanding Rob. I also agree that nothing happens by chance, there is a reason for everything that happens in our lives. Since we never know what that may be, we owe it to ourselves to simply believe it (aka: faith) and know.
Your "Dump Truck Day" gave you a great understanding and an ability to visualize possibilities. It is no coincidence that your experience would find a kindred here and that you would touch and be touched (by Oluwa's beautifully descriptive words) at the same time.
It is all a great mystery...only to us. But, when revelations appear, it is breathtaking and amazing. Suddenly, we realize that these moments are our purpose and we become overwhelmed with the almost mystical beauty of it all...the esoteric possibilities that we have yet to experience!!
There are no accidents....just lessons to be learned!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
03-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Rob,

One calls it tomatoe another calls it tamatoe…

Coincidence..Faith.

One without obvious connection is to believe that it isn’t Faith but mere coincidence. To believe it is indeed connected, is Faith. With each, you have to believe in something. Each word exists, each word has a definition your mind can translate but the heart feels.

For me, it is the heart, the hearts code that takes it to a higher level of defining. You can believe with all your heart. Hearts believe in love. Your heart feels the love. Your heart knows. Your heart hurts. How can that be? Is it logical? We learn to doubt our heart with our thoughts, that is why we lose faith. The mind can obscure the truth. An obscurity created by another within ourselves. For some the truth is obvious and that truth lies in their Faith.

Let it happen, faith will find you through what your heart already knows. Too much processing creates doubt..the mind tries to find logic in everything...even when logic isn't needed. Just your heart is required for this one. Literally a no brainer....

Listen to the code of your heart...

Beat, beat, beat..I hear mine, the other day it was being snuff out by anger. I hear it loud today.
Oluwa

rob
03-26-2008, 03:29 AM
I've been a non-religious person not because I have any inherent dislike of any religion. I am the way I am because I find that I simply don't believe. I was raised Methodist, and my mother is still very active with the Church. She asks me from time to time If I would like to go with her. I say no because I feel nothing. I wish I could believe in something in relation to a higher power, but I feel it's dishonest for me to go to Church and act like I believe when I know that I don't. I've tried to believe, but it's not there. You guys are wondering why the heck I am reading the Faith and Fellowship part of the board. I want to believe in a higher power, but I don't know how. I see the peace that faith brings to so many people, and I wish I could have that too. Thanks for all your comments guys. I've communicated more, and been alot more open since finding all of you. Some of my walls are coming down a little at at time. Maybe the wall between myself and a higher power can come down a bit too. Thanks for listening everyone.

Pretti in Pink
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Rob,

Just by you opening up to they way you feel, is bigger than you think. I know that there have been times when I sat in church and did not feel anything but that wasn't because I didn't believe or didn't have faith, it was because of other things going on in my life. I believe that at various times in our life, our faith is tested. By you saying you see the peace that faith brings, I believe you recognize the presence of a higher power. Just as you have made strides in the area of distancing yourself and have began to open up, I believe this will allow strides to be made in other areas, including a relationship with a higher power, for me that is GOD and regardless to where we are in our lives and no matter how much we feel distanced from him, HE still hears, sees and knows all. HE is also a patient, loving, and caring GOD.

I would just like to encourage you to keep making strides and keep reaching out.

sick n tired
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey Rob,

The Lord will be able to show you what you need to know. It doesn't came from church, per se, but from Him. Perhaps you should get a Bible and purpose to read the first four books of the new testament. It is a great way to get to know Jesus Christ. The first 3 can seem a bit redundant, but they were written to different people so the storys come at different angles. Challenge yourself.

Enjoy,

Karen

Oluwa
05-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Rob,

I was thinking about faith, religion..differences between them... about you your words. Especially your written words, " I see the peace that faith brings to so many people, and I wish I could have that too." You can, and maybe Christianity is not the path you need to follow to find that peace. It maybe seem an odd thing for me to say being a Christian.

I believe, what is important is that you do find peace, happiness...I don't think I would be a good Christian, a good person if I frowned upon another's person path, a different path to spirituality than that of mine. I believe peace comes from respecting everyones beliefs.

I know the importance of spirituality. I know there are millions, billions of us who practice different religions, different philosophy...no one person is right, nor is any one wrong because we are all trying to achieve a level of spirituality.

What is important is that the individual is happy and genuine with or without religion. From my reading you, I find you are very compassionate, forgiving, caring person who respects all living things. That is what spirituality is I think. I think you strive for it..

To find a philosophy or religion that is for you, search outside the realm of the Bible. Don't limit yourself just to Christianity. You can find peace else where.

I also know the power of spiritually and its healing powers, especially to the mind. Healing isn't just physical, when we heal our thoughts, when we bring a form of spirituality into our lives daily we then can handle the physical pain. I think some form of daily meditation, daily prayer is needed. Prayer is not limited to just God, Jesus Christ. Meditation, prayer brings a form of calmness to the heart and mind.

Through spirituality we also can handle what was, what is to be...even death. Know I still struggle with what was, to be and even death being a Christian..

I read Buddhism to learn how to overcome those fears, by doing...To me Buddhism brings about some form of logic, if you will, to my religion. It enhances my Christianity. I am still a work in progress. Always fine tuning my beliefs.

To me, life is like a kaleidoscope..with each turn we see something new...our beliefs can change, be enhanced, redefined even through different religions and philosophy. We learn from one another.

We all stumble about until we find our way. Tweaking our faith in...?... tweaking ourselves to live a happy life.

I think Buddhism would be a great fit for you..have you read anything on it. Check it out...

Hugs,
Oluwa