PDA

View Full Version : JODY....

Oluwa
03-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Did you move to the Big Island.....laying in a pineapple patch, drinking Mai Tais?

Hope you decided to spend an extra week. Thinking of you...

Hang Loose...
Oluwa

mnjodette
03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Aloha, Oluwa!! I'm baaaaccckkkk! I would've loved to stay on the Big Island - but alas I had to return. How are you? Anything new to report?

The trip went pretty well - a few 'bumps in the road' but nothing too major - one migraine headache (yuk!) and my leg gave out once and I took a bit of a tumble. Just an ugly bruise - no harm done. All in all a good week with just the right amount of activity. What a wonderful, colorful, fantasmagorical place! So many flowers, so many good smells...the noise of the surf was like a lullaby every night (our condo had windows that opened right onto the shore...what a dream!) I'm tired - but not exhausted. I missed everyone...I will spend the next couple of days catching up with all of the posts. I'm hoping you (and everyone) are doing well and anticipating spring! :D

sits_inthe_corner
03-18-2008, 06:02 AM
mnjodette

I'm jealous and very pleased for ya. Sounds like it was a wonderful time.
Make sure ya rest up now so IT doesn't get a snitty on.

mnjodette
03-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks, SITC - I've been taking care of granddaughter since I got back. Now that she's home again I'm going to rest!! Yawwwwnnnn. :sleeping:

Faith
03-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Jody,

I ditto SITC. I am jealous and very happy you had a blast. Sounds heavenly. Can I sneak into your bag next time?

It's good to have you back; we missed you.

Faith :lol:

Oluwa
03-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Jody,

So, how many times did you get lei'd? Aren't the orchids gorgeous...

When you said lullaby I just felt my body rocking in the wave, riptide of the ocean beaches of Hawaii. What a way to make me hungry for calmness, joy.

Did you take many snaps, where did you go, beaches, luau...eat local? Do tell..

I am glad the tumble wasn't a catastrophe...just a bruised apple, eh? IT always has to be lurking, IT can just mind his business for a day a week, eh...

I've missed you, wahine..
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
03-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks alot Oluwa

You just made me shoot mint tea out my nose with that lei'd comment!

Still laughing...hmmm suddenly the room smells minty fresh...or is that just me?

Oluwa
03-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Is the smell of mint from when the tea went up your nose?

That has happened to me with a variety of beverages, soda, milk, cocktails....

O.

mnjodette
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Ewwww...the worst is milk out your nose...enough of that thread...yuk!

I can't tell you how many t-shirts I saw with the "I got lei'd..." theme! So funny....

We promised our granddaughter we'd sneak her in our bag next time, Faith! Everyone will have to take turns (assuming we get there again!)

Oluwa, we went to the Hawaiian Tropical Botanical Gardens near Hilo. What a heavenly place! In that garden was a special Orchid Walk, just filled with dozens and dozens of exotic orchid plants. I was just hypnotized by them. I'm going to do a collage of flower pictures. I think I took more pics of flowers and the ocean than anything else. I know my husband and I were there, but we're nowhere to be found in most of the pictures! (in my case, just as well...... :oops: )

If I can figure out how to post them, I'll include a picture or two from the trip in a future post. I remember instructions in here somewhere.......

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Jody...

I did the same thing with our trip to Germany and Spain a year ago. I saw both places through the eye of my camera, because of that there are only three pics of me and 500 pics of castles and gardens and buildings :lol:

I fell in love with both places but I think for my joints I would be happiest in Spain. The pain in Spain stayed mainly on the plane hahahahahaha.

mnjodette
03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Ohhhh....I gotta' go to Spain....LOVE it SITC! :o

Oluwa
03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
SITC, you're so silly...pain Spain..roaring over here is SC.

JODY..I can't wait to see them. When you figure it out, share on how to post. I tried the ppchp..something, something instruction and I couldn't get mine to display. Instructions are on your profile page...

I had to throw that lei'd funny out there. It would be so untouristy of me if I hadn't...

Warm, fatigued..it has been a pokey day.

Hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Heck, Oluwa, I have trouble just changing my avatar! I'll give photo's a shot, though!

J.

sits_inthe_corner
03-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi jody :)

I found a good site for converting your photo's to avitars.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Just remember this site wants them 100 or less.

mnjodette
03-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks, SITC! I'll give that a try once I transfer the pics to my computer!

sits_inthe_corner
03-21-2008, 07:38 AM
:oops:

I just realized I put an outside link on a site that may not welcome them. OOPS.

Sorry if anyone is offended :)

Oluwa
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Jody,

Did you go back to Hawaii....I notice the new avatar.

Before my fit last week we were looking at 10 foot palm trees trunks , with a 4 foot canopy for around our pool. We will attempt it again this weekend. I hope I didn't mentally scar my husband too bad...

Hope all is well in Minnesota...

Be well I pray,
Oluwa

mnjodette
03-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Nope...wanted to go back to Hawaii...didn't! Still in Minnesota. How are you Oluwa? I've missed you. How was bunny day for you? I know you've had a challenging time lately, and I've been worried.

Avatar is just something to take up space until I can figure out why I can't load the smileys and other cute avatars that I find all over the internet. My computer is playing tricks on me! No matter what the format, the WHL site tells me "all avatars must use jpeg, gif, blah blah blah" - and they ARE in that format...what's a girl to do? Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. (My computer was out of commission for a short while, so I've got a little catching up to do.)

Waiting to hear how things are, O.

Jody

Missy
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi Jody -

I"m so glad you had a great vacation! Welcome back!

mnjodette
03-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Missy...its WAS great! I was very worried about how I would manage, but surprised myself and did pretty well. Nice to home again, in spite of the still-cold Minnesota weather. How are you, Missy?

Jody

Oluwa
04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Jody, Hello...

I see you have been missing for a bit. I was too. I am making my way back to wellness. I have much to catch up on too...

So, now where were we...I posted what has been going on with me as of late on the I go something like this thread...bunch of garbage. With my new dose of pain pills and others, I am going to be alright. Sheeesh, it is always something. It gets old, I get old. Least all this induced sleep is helping.

PC still on the blink...Still in a deep freeze. A ton of rain feel for the last few days. WE needed it. Our Spring was a late bloomer. It tried but then we would get frost. I think the cold nights have past.

Are the photos 100 x 100 pixels? You can shrink then with Windows paint, without distortion....still savoring the Aloha spirit?

Thinking of you...
Hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
04-06-2008, 08:48 AM
How are you today, Oluwa? Doing well again? Hubby home to keep you company? I hope the 'black hole' you were in is now a distant memory - and stays there! What's the latest from your docs?

I'm not going to worry about my 'smileys' until I have a working computer again. (I'm on hubby's computer now.) It might all be a problem with my computer. I'm lobbying to move up our timeline on the purchase of another laptop. :D

I'm reducing my prednisone - happy, happy, happy dance about that!! :multi: But, I'm also a little nervous - last time we tried this I got very sick again - makes me a bit scared. :shock: But, hey, I've gotta' give it a go....maybe this is the right time.

Snowed here last night...grrrrr :mad: Wet, icy, sticky stuff. Not even pretty anymore. I want to see spring birds, and flowers, and green grass... :cry: Not this week...clouds and snow flurries all week.

Happy Sunday!

Oluwa
04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Hey Jody,

There you are. I'm doing alright despite what I posted on the other thread. NO black hole, just suffering from deja vue.

Don't be scared Jody about reducing the drug...just think good things. IT loves stress, fear, anxiety and etc.

My husband is home..and took an extra day today Monday to be here, since I canceled my surgery he scheduled to fly out Tuesday. Gone for 4, back for 2, then gone again for 10...sigh.

My brother will be here on the 23rd...I'm so excited abou that. We've always had a great friendship. Close or far, it never changed...

They do have some great buys on laptops out there. I just purchased a Gateway. At first I had the ONE and didn't like it, a few cliches in the fan so I return it and got the FX with a 22" HD monitor. I'm loving it. I can watch cable TV with it. Windows Vista...Windows XP? I have Vista, but I wish I had XP installed. Too many kinks still in the software. Conflicts with Explorer...so I use Mozilla most of the time...

Rain, rain. Aprils showers in buckets here. With that much rain it must have washed my overseeding away by now. I will probably have mass clumps in our swales in a week or two.

Happy Mundane or Monday?

Prays the reduction will not stir IT.
Hugs,
Oluwa

sick n tired
04-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Sitc,

Thankyou for posting the link. I am so computer illiterate, I was not able to do anything with the avatars. Obviously, you know more about the computer than just "enter" :lol:

Oluwa
04-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Jody,

I am spying on you again. Hoping it is the husband's PC that is keeping you.

How's the weaning off the steroids going...? I pray it hasn't been a rough one.

Thinking of you and missing you.
Hugs,
Oluwa

mnjodette
04-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Got my 'puter back!!! I missed you, too, Oluwa....and everyone! I have a Gateway - I like it, but hubby thinks it's a weird keyboard. He's a Dell guy.

BIG snowstorm here - started last night; will probably snow until tomorrow. Winds were gusting to 60mph last night and this morning. Crazy windy - took down the top of a huge cedar tree in our front yard. We love those trees - sad. But nothing hit the house, so gotta' be thankful for that. I couldn't see out the windows until just a little while ago - caked an inch thick with heavy wet snow. Now, it's warmed up a bit and the snow slid off. The snow is so wet, it will be like lifting a shovel of water. Don't worry.....I won't be lifting anything!

Hope all are well out there!

Jody

Missy
04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Jod i -

I've been pretty well. Work has been a bit busy and stressful, but I'm planning to resign in June and take some time off. We're probably going to start the (long) process of adoption soon, and it will be nice to not be working so much and in a management capacity while doing that.

We're headed to Boise next weekend to meet our new niece, and it will be fun to get away, although I wish they lived in Hawaii right now, with this cold Spring we're having!

I"m glad you're back and that travel with Lupus went ell. On to planning the next vacation yet?

sick n tired
04-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey Jody,

Glad to hear from you and that you are well....Down here we didn't have snow, but yesterday we had wind gusts and tornadoes. In my area they said that the gusts were up to 75 miles and hour. Many trees were uprooted and/or snapped in two...the good news is that nobody was hurt!

Hopefully the snow will not be there for long and spring will rear its beautiful head.

Have a nice day,

Karen

mnjodette
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi, Missy. Glad you are well - you'll resign just in time for summer! Good thinking. I hope the adoption road goes smoothly for you. The agency I work for has a very large adoption program (both domestic and foreign) and I get to hear the wonderful stories from the adoption staff in my office. Have a safe trip to Boise and enjoy that new niece. No trips for me until August - then to a niece's wedding in S. Carolina. That'll be hot...hats and sunscreen again!

Karen, glad no one was hurt in the storms. There's been a lot of scary weather. I heard about flooding in Memphis yesterday and today; tornados in other places, too. I thought it was clearing here - but NOT. Blowing and snowing like crazy again. It'll be in the upper 50s next week, so the snow won't last long. We need the moisture...just wish it was rain instead of the white stuff!

Jody

Oluwa
05-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Jody....

Wondering how you are? How goes life

Oh that is right, weren't you heading to Myrtle Beach...somewhere on the east coast or did I just make that up.

Missing you,
Oluwa

mnjodette
05-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Oluwa.....hello! No, I'm not in Myrtle Beach yet - that's not until August (a wedding...on the beach...should be lovely.) Just much, much too busy at work. Trying to fit full time work into a part time job right now. Taking it's toll on me - tired, tired, tired. By the time I get home, too tired to log on. I have some days off (Thursday - Monday) so I'm trying to be good - just so much to do around the house, too. Whine, whine, whine.....always did like a good glass of 'whine' http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-41.GIF

How are you? IT treating you respectfully? I haven't read the posts lately, so I have a LOT of catching up to do.

Jody

Suzique
05-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey, Jody, I've got some great (Dutch) Gouda cheese to go along with that Whine - wanna share?

Susan

mnjodette
05-23-2008, 05:30 PM
It's very 'Gouda' you to share, Susan! :roll: (sorry.....couldn't resist!)

Jody