PDA

View Full Version : Hanging in there

Christina519
03-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I want to thank you for welcoming to the board. I am in the process of seeing a different DR. I have also found alot of good advice on this site. I am blessed to have a good support system at home my husband has been great but I also am a mother and have found that Lupus can be very unpredictable. I am hanging in there and know that things could be worse after reading some of the stories on this page.

sits_inthe_corner
03-15-2008, 06:50 PM
:) Christina519

We cant change the rules....and I'm not sure who made them up in the first place, but each day belongs to it's self. All we can do is take care of our selves and the ones we love as best we can. That's all that is really important anyway.

sick n tired
03-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey Christina,

Welcome to the family. I know what a challenge it is to have this illness and also be a wife and mother. Especially when one of them gets sick. With me that usually means that my illness gets the back burner of my brain.
You are blessed to have a support network with your husband. Some spouses have a hard time dealing with this problem so you are ahead of the game.

Welcome,

Karem

Christina519
03-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi! Thanks for your words of encouragement. It does get tough with my girls when i'm sick everyone is finding themselves trying to adjust to this situation but we're no strangers to hardships of this nature, my youngest daughter was diagnosed with Jr. Rhuematoid arthritis (JRA) when she was 14 mo. old and she's six now. Seeing her being so strong going through her ordeal has helped me. I read your story and felt really bad that your daughter is going through all of this. As an adult if I at times feel overwhelmed with this desiese then I can only imagine how she feels. I'm sorry and will be following her progress. From one mom to another stay strong.

sick n tired
03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Christina,

Sorry to hear about your baby with ra. It is so hard when they hurt and we can't do anything about it.

Frustrated,

Karen