PDA

View Full Version : Flu and Vitamin B Shots

Morpheus
03-07-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi everyone havent posted in a while,
How is everybody?

Was wondering if it would be ok to have flu vaccinations and Vitamin B shots.
Will it interfere with anything.
I Have just recently started taking vitamin B complex and extra vitamin C

onpointe
03-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I don't know much about flu shots so I can't comment on that but I have another AI disease called Pernicious Anemia that attacks my stomach lining and makes it so that I can't absorb vit B through digestion so I get B12 shots all the time and haven't had a problem.

Hope that helps. :)

onpointe

hatlady
03-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I take sublingual B-12, not at the point of needing shots. I don't think they'd be an issue - but you might want to talk to your rheumy.

I get a flu shot every year, my rheumy and my primary docs both think it is a good idea. I have read that, because of the special people that we are... :roll: ... flu shots are not as effective for us, they take a bit longer to kick in, and then they don't last as long!

As far as the vitamin C - I've cut back on that, only about 500 mg a day other than what I get in fruits and veggies. I worry that too much will get my immune system kicked up, thus affect the lupus. Would like to hear what others think of that!

sits_inthe_corner
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I've had the flu shot...but not the B shot. No problems at all with the flue shot. Actually I've been quite healthy this year...except for you know what lol.

But that's been no worse and no better.

Oluwa
03-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi Morpheus,

I've wondered about you and where you had been...Happy to know you are doing alright.

I don't have any input on the shots...I don't do either except I supplement in pill form with B-complex, Fish Oils, and D3....

Have you had blood work down on your B's? Is it deficient?

I've never had a flu shot...for some reason I haven't been sick with cold or flu for over 15 almost 20 years. Just everything else.

It is nice to read you again....

Keep well, Morpheus,
Oluwa

Missy
03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi Morpheus! Long time, no see! I don't have mch to offer on the subject at hand, but didn't want to miss an opportunity to say hi!

Faith
03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi Morpheus,

It's good to hear from you again; we have missed you. I hope you are doing well.

I take flu shots and they are okay as long as you don't have an over-reaction. I usually catch every little thing going around except this year. I am knocking on wood as I type that.

The last one I took I had a reaction, big red, hot circle of fire on the arm where the shot was injected. Rhuemy said to take them, but if the reaction gets worse next year to discontinue. It can cause some issues with your immune system same as with allergy shots. I took allergy shots for the last 8 years; started having huge reactions; rhuemy said "stop" and I stopped.

Take them, but check the injection site the day of and after to verify you are not over-reacting.

Take care,

Faith
8)