PDA

View Full Version : acne type nodes on forehead and chest

pooie95
03-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I have had these small acne type nodes take up residence on my forehead and chest (I have had them for quite some time now). They never go away, and are always there. They do improve slightly when I am on prednisone. Has anyone had experience with this type of problem? Are there any meds to treat this (topical or oral)?

Thanks

cryssyjojo
03-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I have the same exact thing I have them on my forehead , very edges of my cheeks and neck , chest and shoulders. My rheum told me it was a lupus rash.

sits_inthe_corner
03-08-2008, 02:24 AM
pooie95

I have the same thing...get your doctor to take a look at them. They should give you a cream for them.

If the cream they give doesn't work go back right away and let then know. The firs time my doctor gave me a cream it was the wrong type. She got it right the second time though. :lol:

Mine are painfull little suckers so I went straight back to get the cream changed. It works...it's a chortizone (I know my spelling sucks lol) cream and it takes the sting right out. Careful to use it sparingly as it does weaken the skin.

Faith
03-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Hi Ladies,

I have the same thing, little nodules on my upper chest and neck. They are gross and painful. I look like I am going through puberity again at 40. Little pimple like sores that scar.

Interestingly, I was told by the rhumey that it was not Lupus. I don't know; I just wish they would go away and not scar.

Looking for a HUGE bottle of Clearisill!!

Take care,

Faith

sits_inthe_corner
03-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Faith

If your doctor didn't give you anything for it....please go back. If it is the same "rash" as we are having...it wont go away on it's own.

You may have to back again and again before your doctor sees for themselves that they NEED to address this rash. When I had it on my face it too three visits once a week to get my doctor to sit up and say gee you're right this isn't normal . o 0(well duh)

My face was sooooo swollen and soooo sore. And that's just because she took soooooo long to give me something for it.

Pimple creams wont work on this. I know, I tried.

Good luck...get stuborn :lol:

pooie95
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have a doctors appt at the end of the month. I'll let you know how it goes.

sits_inthe_corner
03-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Pooie95

That's along time to go with those sores stinging ya. Any chance of getting in there earlier?

Faith
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi Sits,

Thank you for the info on the rash. What did your doc end up RXing you? Did it work? I would love a miracle cure as I have them now on the opposite side of my neck. I hate these pecky things. The Dermatologist RX'd and faxed in the rx to mail order; I have not yet received the RX yet 2 weeks later. I am calling today to see if it was lost.

In the meantime, I have an appt with my GP tomorrow and I will hit him up on what this stuff is.

I hope you are doing better with your rash.

Take care,

Faith

Numpty
03-11-2008, 02:53 PM
I get a horrible rash which I think is similar to hives all over my cheeks and forehead and sometimes down onto my neck. People look at me like I have the plague, its horrible to be made to feel like that so anything your doctor can do to help is a blessing.

I've seen a dermotologist who thinks mine is a form of cutaneous (sp?) lupus but is refusing to do a biopsy even though my Rheumy has requested one. am just getting passed from piller to post which is very annoying and upsetting right now.

Keep us posted as to how you get on with trying to clear it up and keep smiling ~snugs~

C x

sits_inthe_corner
03-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I have two seperate issues...the sores that burn are on my chest and spread up to my neck; for that she gave me hydrocortisone applied 3 times daily.

My face with the swelling and sever pain she gave me rosasol cream applied twice daily.

I believe the rash on my face is rosecia. My doctor was a bit ignorant about rosecia at first. Thought that only alcoholics got it. Well I dont drink so there goes that theory :lol: . There's no testing that is accurate for rosecia. Most I can tell you is that it comes in cycles. An out break can last for three weeks. And if untreated can gain in severity with each new outbreak. Even with the cream it's almost daily care. At most I can go for 1 or 2 days with out the cream before the spots come back.

She kept sending me away and I kept going back. I had to wear half a pound of make up so I wouldn't frighten people at work and little children on the street. It was horrific. Out of desperations I begged her to at least try treating me for rosecia. If it didn't work then we didn't really lose anything.

Hope this helps :)

Faith
03-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi Sits,

Thank you for the information. Saw my GP and he was upset by what he saw. I had to take either prednisone or a cortisone shot. I took the cortisone shot and interestingly enough, they are almost gone. The cortisone shot worked quickly.

The hydrocortisone cream did not work, but the shot worked and they are fading.

Something to talk to the rhuemy about; though he will probably write me off. Just wanted to share my experience. I hope they continue to fade away.

Take care,

Faith

sits_inthe_corner
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Wow faith...glad your doctor took action.

I'm going to have to get back in to see mine. The spots are marching all over my neck today...there's a whole happy gang of em.

Faith
03-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Hey Sits,

I am sorry to hear about your neck. Did you get in to see the doc? What did he say?

Took the shot Tuesday, they are almost faded but can see the scars so I definately think it was Lupus.

Unfortunately, I have a new pimple like nodule pop up next to the faded ones. Have follow-up for GP on Wednesday and rhuemy appt on Tuesday. We will see what they say about it; my luck probably send me back to the dermo I saw 2 weeks ago for Lupus rash on arm.

Maybe Saysusie can help answer this one. I have had mouth sores for the past month, and lupus rashes in both Jan & February. If my March labs come back somewhat normal, how can this be with all the skin flares while taking Plaquenil?

Take care,

Faith

sits_inthe_corner
03-15-2008, 02:45 AM
No Faith...

At the risk of getting a tuning...I didn't get into the doctor's this week. I've been stressing out at work. Haven't even had time to call and get an appointment lined up for next week. I'll have to waite till Monday now to call for an appointment.

I've been so tired and so sore, it's all I can do to get through my "normal" day. :lol: @ normal. It takes me from 4:30 am till 7:30 am to get mobile enough and dressed so I can get out the door.

When I get frustrated I just remind myself of how bad I was before I started treatment. Every step I took made me cry. Least now I can limber up and move fairly welloops wandered off topic again :D

No I didn't get in to the doctor's yet :)

How has your week been?

Faith
03-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi Sits,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

Okay, you need to find 5 minutes tomorrow am (driving in the car to work) and call your doctor. Seriously. You need to take care of yourself. I can understand the pain and I completely sympathize (that doesn't look right?).

Hang in there and get into the doctor. Something else I have noticed, I switched to another deodorant and stopped it about the time I had the cortisone shot. Everything cleared up; put on new deodorant 2 days later, breaking out similar to other scarred areas. My body does not like the chemicals in the new deodorant?

Call the doc and keep us updated. I hope to hear Monday night that you have an appointment.

Take care,

Faith 8)

sits_inthe_corner
03-21-2008, 05:00 AM
pooie95

How are ya doing...haven't seen ya post in awhile :)

Faith
03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi Sits,

Did you ever get into the doc? Just curious what he said the rash was! Mmm, I remember you mentioned you were stressed at work; is it better now? A huge box of Calgon, a candle and soft music sounds good; though I would probably fall asleep. lol. :wink:

I am living at doctor's offices!! lol. Geesh, does it ever end? I am going for both of us!!! lol. I asked my doctor if I get Frequent Flyer Miles every time I see him. He laughed!! :lol: I thought it was a valid question, and I really want a vacation from IT. lol.

Saw Rhuemy on Tuesday. Making some med changes from Flexeril to Kloponin for the Fibro. Said my rash was probably "anxiety." I think NOT!!! I am positive for Sjogren's Syndrome. My body has stopped making fluids, saliva, tears in the eyes, etc. Life is more of an adventure! :D

I saw primary who stated chest rash is probably a Staph infection and was prescribed, Eeeck, Bactrim (sulfur). :oops: Sulfur drugs make us more photosensitive while taking them than ever before. Doc told me to hybernate and cover up at all times. I did go to church this morning decked out in my UV clothes. lol. I couldn't miss Sunday service and I had my spage age uv clothing on to protect me along with sunscreen, hat, etc. Then I looked up in the ceiling and noticed flourescent lights; whew!! Thankful for uv clothing!! God is Great!!!

Okay, I must not be too computer literate since everyone is changing their avatars to cute new ones. Where do you guys find them? Please let me in on the secret.

How has your Easter been? I hope good and that you are not in too much pain due to the stress levels. I have an ear, and I am very good listener. What's your rash from?

Ohh, do you have Pookie? I am still searching for Pookie since it digested poor Willie. :( Willie would probably love a Wanka bar since it is Easter and all. lol. Pookie is on time-out!!

Take care,

Faith

Faith
03-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey Sits,

Oops, the last sentence should read Willie would probably love a Wanka bar since it is Easter and all. lol. I don't know what happened. Geesh!

Pookie is on time-out!!

Faith :eating:

sits_inthe_corner
03-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey Faith...I hope the new meds work out for you. I know what ya mean about living at the doctor's. :( The nurse thinks it's funny but I dont. I'ld love to go a hole month with out going near medical facility. Which reminds me I'm due tomorrow for my monthly blood work AAaAAaaAaa.

Rashs I have a few...I got face rash...I know what is and got a cream. Chest rash...know what that is and have a different cream...hand rash...know what that is and have yet another cream...neck rash no clue but I have an ugly idea what that is :( making another appointment for this week.

Also my toe nails are not responding to the medication she gave me for fighting the toe fungus :( so she'll have to dig deep and come up with something else.

sits_inthe_corner
03-25-2008, 05:25 PM
pooie95

How's your face doing? Did you bump up your appointment?

joakris
03-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh my gosh! I have the same rash! I cant beleive this again! I just scheduled an apppointment with my derm for tuesday because ever since this whole lupus crap i have had these horrible looking spots on my face! little bumps here and red spots there and some are painful and some behind my ears! down my chest and alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over my arms! well okay im making it sound worse then it is, but still its gross i look like i have big red pimple lookin things on my arms!
i will admitt that i would much rather prefer these bumps over my intial rash that i had all over my legs! that was scary and gross nothing will EVER compare to that~ =(
so i am curious tho one of my rhuems wante dme to start ib plaquenl for the skin issues but i find it funny that those of you who are on that med still have MNAY skin issues so hmmmmmm.....Im not going to start taking it if its not goingto make these bumps and issues go away!

sits_inthe_corner
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi joakris

Plaquenil treats lupus...it works on the immune system. I'm sure your doctor wants you to take the drug for many reasons. Perhaps you should call them and ask why exactly they want you to take it.

I almost refused to take it, but I'm giving it a chance. It takes weeks or months to build up in your system before you will see any changes. That's why I'm still having issues. I've not been on it long enough to say what it is or isn't going to do for me.

The other point is, this may not be the drug for me. It may do nothing at all. In which case it's back to the drawing board, and I suspect it's not going to do anything for me. But I promised to give it untill May. I've been on it since December.

joakris
03-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I just dont want to start something that I will end up on for the rest of my life and hoenstly with how horrible prednizone was im NOT willing to put myself through any more then I need to. and right now im dealing with each day as it comes, i hurt here and there and my rash is nothing like it was back in august! so until i cant move and get really sick im just gonning to tough it out!
I am almost even thinking of tryin to go tanning! lol jk i already know thats a death wish! ( seriously) =) I used to go every other day! i was a regular in the tanning salon! sad i know but i felt great and looked awsome! now i feel okay and look pale! =(
( sorry im kinda in a pissy mood today! it just, having a deseise that you cant control or do anything about is really hard to deal with, and sometimes i dont know how i should or shouldnt feel about this)

sits_inthe_corner
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Well joakris

If we have to be pale...then we should be devistatingly pale...work it girl. hmmm Drop Dead Pale. I never could achieve a tan...most I could do was go for a really deep burn :lol: but that was usually accompanied by a face full of sunblisters.

You're allowed to be in a pissy mood... :twisted: rage on!

. o (there should be a lupus pale and pastey beauty contest)

joakris
03-28-2008, 02:06 PM
=) thank you ! you made me smile! and laugh which i probally need to do more of! I like the whole drop dead pale! lol I think i have that one in the bag! how about a lupus olympics! we could have a contest on who has the biggest gross spots ! lol jk i guess laughin helps!
I will miss tanning, and laying in the sun, but if it means my quality of life will remain somewhat normal then i guess the good comes with the bad! or the lupus comes with the pasty pale beauty! =)

sits_inthe_corner
03-28-2008, 02:20 PM
hmmm lupus olympics....

we could have a concentration contest :))

or we could have a dressing marathon...on you mark ... get set... go

compression socks, knee braces, back braces, orthitics in the shoes, uv protective clothing...ice packs and heat wraps and dont forget to put your cream medications on. :lol: I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. just so I can get out the door to get to work on time LOL

joakris
03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah my boss tells me all the time ! what if you worked for 3m or some place where you had to be there on time! i told him i would probaly get fired!@ I too have a really hard time getting up in the mornng, but once im up which takes about 2 to 3 hrs and a cup of coffee im okay, but the moment i sit down and try to relax for get it its vegi time!
by the end of my day iam so tired that all i want to do is sleep! most people cant wait to get off work so they can go and do what ever but me i like to sleep and sleep and sleep!

i like the getting dressed competition! how about the did you take your pills race! lol or i will take anti marials for 2000 please! hahaha we can make it into jepordy!!!!! i think saysuise would win! she is like the prodogy of lupus! lol

sits_inthe_corner
03-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Saysussie would win, hands down LOL.

Back to the pills...line up one of those weekly pill dispenser things...you have 10 seconds to fill each day slot with your required dossages :lol:

GO!........

joakris
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
thats kinda what i was thinking but you said it way better! lol

yeah saysusie would toooooooootaally win! :lol:
thanks again for puting me in a btter mood ! have a good weekend im gonna go home ! surprise surprise im tired! =)

Saysusie
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM
:lol:
And I actually LOVE Jeopardy!! Hmmm...a Jeopardy game with Lupus categories, like:
* Name that Pill (we'll give the symptom, you name the medication)
* A Foggy Day (Symptoms of "Brain Fog)
* The Milligram Dance (How Many lines of pills can you make dance?)
* Here Comes The Sun (All the rashes and symptoms we deal with)
* There Goes My Baby (What we do to avoid the sun!)

Ok.. I could go on an on

:lol:
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Faith
03-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi Joakris, Sitsc, and Saysusie,

How about name that tune "I only have eyes for you." What med and condition would you use for your eyes.

I love this game. Although, I would lose bigtime on how fast can you fill your pill container for each day of the week. lol. Definately not 10 seconds; more like 3 minutes (maybe). How many creams do you have to apply prior to work and before bed? lol.

Welcome back Saysusie. We missed you.

Take care,

Faith :lol:

Faith
03-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi Saysusie,

You had mentioned on another thread (can't find it now) about a clinic for Fibromyalgia. Is it by dr referral only? Where is it located? I would love some info on it as nothing helps with it.

Take care,

Faith :lol:

sits_inthe_corner
03-29-2008, 01:52 AM
:olympic:

Thanks to Saysusie we have the catagories...now we need the prizes....

A complete UV yr round wardrobe

OoOOo free massages for a year.

A weekly pill container that actually holds the daily pill quota in day slot.

joakris
03-29-2008, 12:38 PM
I love it! =) today is a beautiful day! its almost 60 degrees! gotta love long minnesota winters!

saysusie! I think these ideas are great and somehow we should figure out a way to use them for a benifit! lupus foundation , find a cure what ever! but im sure that famous celebs with lupus might be open do doing an event like these!
I think big ! ( its a good habit)
I will think on it more! I would do anything to help fight this! they have walks for cancer! why cant we have jepordy for lupus!

joakris
03-29-2008, 12:40 PM
i ust now noticed im am a little hamster? wth? is that? =) Im far from a litle hamster more like a sassy cat! muuuuuuahah