PDA

View Full Version : How much can we put up with

cazanna
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
The human body, can handle alot i know, but when it feels like ur losing your mind, where do you draw the line.

Dropping things, making loads of mistakes, confusion, and im 40.

Dont get me wrong,i have 1 or 2 good days....which when they come..its like im new...and free.

Oluwa
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
We go crazy but we always come back...

Sorry to know it has been a hellish day for you, Cazanna. To me it is hells when my thoughts are scattered about...

Then we find a bit of heaven on earth and enjoy the dose no matter how small it is and hope we have another day like today...and if we don't we hope tomorrow there will be one...

Focus on the things you can do, be it coloring in a book, typing a letter, read a book, making cookies, taking a shower, a hobby, pair up socks, folding laundry..nothing hard.... Just something small that you know you can accomplish without bring more harm to your spirit..

I think there is no line to draw..you have to walk it...Focusing keeps me on the line...

The one or two days that are good, do you live hard or balance to ensure tomorrow will be good too? That makes a difference, though I don't always follow my own suggestions. I want to live free, over do it and become exhausted from life instead of the exhaustion from IT (Lupus)...

I can't wait till tomorrow, it may just get better.

Head hug just for you...squeeze,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
One day I suddlen realized how fast my life seemed to be moving. I just want things to slow down. I want to enjoy each and every single day. Some days that's not possible, pain it too bad or I'm so tired I cant think straight.

Each and every day belongs to it's self. Days that I think are going to be painful don't always turn out that way. The opposite is true as well. Days that start out well can end in pain and frustration.

My mother used to tell me that god never gave us more than what we could manange. I love my mother dearly and I miss her daily, but boy I sure do thinks she needed to rethink that one. Some times we can't copy and sometimes we need help to get by.

But spring is coming...the days will get softer. My back deck is whispering to me of warm summer nights.

Pretti in Pink
03-04-2008, 05:30 PM
You are right that each day belongs to itself and I think its important for us to try and live in that day only. Yes, we can wish for better days when those aren't as rewarding as we wished but it is a day we'll never see again (although sometimes I know that what we wish for too)

rob
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm 40 also. I'm in the middle of a bad flare. I have been dropping things, forgetting how to do common everyday things. Haven't had solid food for a few days due to TMJ problems and some really bad mouth sores. Where does one draw the line? I don't know. I have to just push my way through it and look forward to my next good day. Of course that's easier said than done. I guess I just wanted to say you are not alone, and someone else right now is experiencing many of the same problems you are. You are not alone, and I understand how you feel.

cheryl_v
03-04-2008, 08:57 PM
So many here completely understand, all to well. It gets aggrivating and depressing at times :mad: , just try not to let it get you down (easier said than done, I know :roll: ). I had a bad few days too, hubby got upset because I burned the breab sticks last night. I completely forgot that I twisted the dough and put it in the oven. Had no idea what he was gripping about, then seen them and remember. Pain's bad with a front coming through here, wish it would ease up. I too wonder how much a body can take. But as dear old dad use to say, "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and if your in pain, just imagine how strong you'll be when your done". Hang in there, I'm sure there's more good days to come :D . Bet your stronger than you think :o .

sits_inthe_corner
03-05-2008, 05:28 AM
Rob I'm such a mutton head...

What is your new mouth piece made from? Are your sores where the mouth piece touch?

Also what type of toothpaste do you use?

I have an allergy to rubber and latex. I used to where latex gloves alot with I worked with children ...for diaper changes and what not. My hands were a MESS. Turns out I have to use vinal where possible. Even band aids have to be vinel.

Colgate tooth paste is natorious for causing mouth sores as well. I cant touch the stuff.

Hope you are feeling better today.

rob
03-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi sits,

The mouthpiece is a semi-transparent plastic. In technical terms, I believe its polypropylene. The mouth sores are a usual thing for me, and aren't related to the mouthpiece. I forget the name of the toothpaste I use, but it's stuff my last rheumotologist recommended. Kinda pricey too. Colgate burns, and I can't touch the stuff either.

mnjodette
03-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Cazanna, I feel your pain...literally! The one or two days sometimes don't seem like enough to keep us going. But we DO keep going, don't we? Keep the faith...lupus has it's cycles and there will be better times, too. Do what you can through each flare, and treasure those times when lupus 'goes to sleep' for a while. Come here and share what you're going through....you'll have lots of sympathetic company!

sits_inthe_corner
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM
>:D< I'm glad you're not using colgate...hope you feel better soon Rob.

Faith
03-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey Rob,

Have you tried salt water rinses and Biotine mouthwash? I recently have had the mouth sores for about a month. Finally broke down and bought Biotine and the sores have not returned . . . . yet.

Just a suggestion.

Take care,

Faith 8)