PDA

View Full Version : My daughter has a mass in her chest

sick n tired
03-01-2008, 10:48 AM
The Dr found a large mass in my daughter's sternum, or chest. (I have been taking her to doctors for months, but all we got was nothing.) The pulmonologist met with us. After reviewing her cat scan and what the radiologist found he believes that it is lymphoma.....biopsy is Wed.
She also has pericarditis.
sweats
fever
pain in her chest
weight loss
pale

Words can't describe what we are feeling at this time....a personal nightmare...we lost a child 11 years ago, can't do this again...I want to die.

I can't stop shaking....pain,deep pain...Oh God No

rob
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
That is news no parent would ever, ever want to hear. I cannot imagine how you feel right now. I am so sorry. You and your daughter wll be in my thoughts. And I hope, very much, that this will be treated, and defeated.

Rob

IloveHistory
03-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Sick 'n Tired!

I am SO, SO, SO, SO sorry to hear about your daughter! :cry: But God will grant both you and her the strength to get through this! I'm keeping you and your daughter in my every thought and prayer...

Let us know how the biopsy goes.

Lots and lots of love and support
IloveHistory

sits_inthe_corner
03-01-2008, 11:36 AM
sick n tired

Your poor poor family.....hugs to you all ... will keep you in my thoughts. What is the next step? Have they said?

mnjodette
03-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Sick n tired - there are no words to tell you how sorry I am that you and your family must go through this. What unimaginable pain you must be feeling. Please know that there will be a chorus of prayers said on your families behalf from many on this forum, asing God to give you all the strength you need to overcome this new challenge. Please let us know what you learn.

Jody

Pretti in Pink
03-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Sick-in-tired,

I can not even imagine what you and your family are going through right now. But I have already prayed that all is well in the mighty name of JESUS. I also prayed that GOD give you strength, hope, faith, and most of all healing for your daughter. Remember GOD is still in control and we are all here standing and believing with you. I hope that you will feel our prayers and support.

Please keep up posted.

Pearl
03-02-2008, 08:55 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

papillon
03-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Praying as well

Lula2ya
03-02-2008, 07:08 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for your daughter and your family. Please keep us posted.

Saysusie
03-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Sick-n-tired;
I know, only too well, the fear that you are experiencing and the pain that it has caused. Both you and your daughter are in my prayers.
There are some very good aggressive treatments for Lymphoma's, all of which have had promising prognosis. I know that it is difficult to accept all of this right now, but I want to tell you to keep your faith, keep your hopes, see your daughter with you 10, 15, 20 years from now. Keep that image in your heart and do all that you can to make that image a reality.
We are here for you, and for your daughter. We are all praying for you both!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Oluwa
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Karen,

Oh my, Karen....Big, unletting go, never letting go hugs. Her heart, your heart, your families heart...it must hurt.

Only if I could give something of me, of myself to make her well, a gift of me for your worrying heart to mend.... Only if I could. I have prayers, lots of them...not wishing but having faith, having faith the test Wednesday will be alright.

When things seem so unbearable. Breathe, deep in and slowly and release slowly. So you feel the expanding in your stomach...hold if for a few seconds. While breathing in simultaneously ask, I need you God, please help and release your breath slowly while envisioning his hand reaching out..do it many times, till a calm comes.. It slows the racing thoughts you maybe having...

Praying with you and for your daughter, for you, for your family...
Hugs,
Oluwa

hatlady
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Many many hugs, and all my thoughts and prayers - lean on us as you need to, we're here for you.

sick n tired
03-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Thank you all for your support. I can't describe how it feels to 'hear" from you all.

We will go tomorrow to see the surgeon. She will have a surgery to remove a sizable portion of the tumor. Not sure if the biopsy will be on Wednesday now. I hope so, but then the tissue has to be sent to a pathologist. We think that we will not know anything definitive until next week.

Nadia is the sweetest and selfless child that I have. We have always had a great relationship. My heart breaks for her. The pain that she will experience.....

Saysusie, I know that you have been in this valley, too. I will try to imaging Nadia 20 years from now...Right now the fear has made it dim....I have a feeling that this might be fatal...perhaps it is just fear talking, I know that some forms of lymphoma are able to be put in remission for years on end, but she is so weak...I so wish that it were me to go this painful path and not her.

Again, I do appreciate all of your words of encouragement.

Thanks, also, for the hugs, Oluwa and hatlady.

Pretti in Pink
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Still praying.........

Faith
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Karen,

I am so sorry!! I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain. You and your daughter are in my thoughs and prayers. Think positive and keep praying. Never give up.

I pray for peace for all of your family. Hang in there; we are here for you anytime you need us. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Take care & God Bless,

Faith

Numpty
03-04-2008, 04:41 PM
~can only leave lots and lots of supporting hugs for you and your family as a whole~ You will all be in my thoughts and we'll fight your corner with you no matter where we all are!

Oluwa
03-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Karen..

Give our hugs full of love to your Nadia. How are you holding up, Mum? Nadia? Your family?

One feels helpless when all I have is words to give. I hope you can feel the love, the care, my prayers , our prayers.

Praying the surgery went well today.

Don't forget to take care of you too, so you can be strong for your Nadia...okay.

Squeezing...rocking, holding you...squeeze, rock and hold Nadia for me too.

Love you,
Oluwa

Dear Heavenly Father, please heal Nadia. Please help Nadia and Karen to face and overcome their fears. . Comfort them when they are discouraged. And touch them with your healing Spirit. Sometime we need a little extra helping of your blessings. I ask you, give my extra to them as I am so blessed when I wake up each day to the beautiful world you have given me, given us.. Thank you oh, Merciful God. Amen.

Pretti in Pink
03-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Standing with you Oluwa in your prayer, in the name of Jesus-please touch, bless, and shield their family.

sick n tired
03-04-2008, 06:04 PM
The prayers and comforting words make me feel warm inside. You all are my calm in the raging storm.

Nadia's 4:30p.m.

She will have a Right Thoracotomy and Biopsy. We were made to understand because the tumor is lower than expected then she needed kind of surgery. She will be in intensive care. This is a very painful surgery. They are giving her an epidural for the first 2-5 days to help ease the pain and enable her to breath deaply as breathing will be very painful and we don't want her to get pneumonia.

We went with Nadia to withdraw her for the semester. She was crying, but in the end she told me that it was a weight off of her shoulders.

How am I doing Oluwa? I have stopped all meds that make me sick or groggy. In essence, I am on call every night. For instance, she needed pain meds around 2 and was still in pain around 3 so Tony and I came up to give her a shoulder massage as that was the only thing that we could do. At 6 she called again and actually tried to go to university. One class exhausted her.
You are not the only one feeling powerless. At least you all let me know I am not alone.I came up to give her a shoulder massage as that was the only thing that we could do

I never thought that I would be walking through the valley of the shadow of death with a child again. I am not David....I DO fear evil...actually I fear Gods will.....I hope that is not a sin, but I know he is in this all the way and that his will stands, I also know that we are to pray without ceasing...that is what I am doing...

Well I am not sure when I will be able to get back on as I will be at the hospital all of the time Nadia is there.

All of you who are Christians...PLEASE GET YOUR CHURCHES TO PRAY...

In Him,

Karen

sick n tired
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Sorry for the typo...her surgery is tomorrow at 4:30 pm. There will be a pathologist in the room and he will be able to tell us if it is malignant, but not what kind and how advanced.

rob
03-04-2008, 06:45 PM
You, Nadia, and your family continue to be in my thoughts. Know that the hopes and well wishes of so many people are with you and Nadia in these coming days.

Oluwa
03-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Dear Lord, Heavenly Father, please hear my prayer. As Nadia faces surgery, you know what her and her family's fears are. Guide their hearts and souls to trust in you. To know, that you are at their sides and protecting them even through the darkest valley. Thank you, oh, beautiful God for everything. Amen.

sits_inthe_corner
03-05-2008, 04:47 AM
sick n tired...

I add my voice to the prayers that your dear daughter Nadia will find the strenght she needs and that she will be spared as much pain as possible. Our thoughts and hearts will be with you through this.

I am also putting in a prayer for you and your husband to have the strength of body and spirit you will need as well. Be kind to yourselves and rest when you can. Make sure you are eating well. I know it's hard to do at times like this...but you body will need the energy.

hatlady
03-05-2008, 07:28 AM
You and your daughter continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. And of those of the people around me - Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Muslim - you have so many paths on the mountain of Faith and Hope being walked and prayed for you and your daughter - May the warmth and light surround you both.

A prayer I have always loved:

St. Therese's Bookmark

Let nothing disturb thee
Nothing affright thee

All things are passing
God never changeth

Patient endurance
Attaineth to all things

Who God possesseth
In nothing is wanting

Alone God Sufficeth.

mnjodette
03-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Karen, you don't walk the valley alone. We are all with you in thoughts and prayers....God is with you, too. I pray that your fears will be eased, and Nadia will be surrounded by caring angels who will protect her and provide her her own measure of peace. Please keep us posted.

Missy
03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm thinking of you and your family, too, and holding a vision of peace and health for you all.

redlily14
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Praying for you and your family...I hope the surgery goes well.

Do not ask WHY, but ask HOW. Of course it's not fair, so allow yourself to pity and mourn, to ask "why me?" but then move on and ask HOW can we move on from this? That will free you...

Rochelle

Lula2ya
03-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Continuing to PRAY for you and your beautiful girl.

Numpty
03-06-2008, 03:01 AM
Karen,
We'll all keep posting here and checking for news of you and Nadia. We're all still sending healing thoughts and support and prayers so let us carry you while you carry her through this difficult period.
~adds more hugs to the pile~
Claire
x

onpointe
03-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Your family will be in my prayers. God cares about you and your family VERY much, "But the very hairs of YOUR head are all numbered. Therefore have no fear..." (Matthew 10:30,31) and "...For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone" (James 1:13). I don't know about you but sickness is an evil thing in my book. This is not His will, He did not do this but He is with you through this.

I am so sorry you have to go through this, remember, doctors always tell us to expect the worst and hope for the best, I am hoping and praying for you my dear! Hang in there and take care of yourself so you can take care of your daughter.

Lots of love and hugs to you!

onpointe

Oluwa
03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
In the Garden

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

Id stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Oluwa
03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Karen,

Thinking of Nadia and you....

Hugs full of love,
Oluwa
xoxoxo

Saysusie
03-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Oluwa;
My Mom used to sing that song all of the time. Wow, did that bring back some fond memories. She doesn't sing any more (I've taken up that torch), but I remember hearing her walk around the house all day singing that song!
It was very appropriate here....thank you for sharing it.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Well we are home with Nadia. We got home yesterday. She is in a whole lot of pain.

As far as a diagnosis, we do not have a definitive one at the moment. What we do know is that it is not the non hodgkins lymphoma and it is not a cyst. The tissues have been sent to MD Anderson hospital in Houston and Southwestern Medical.

Nadia is weak and in pain. She still has a low grade fever and night sweats. Her sed rate is extremely high as well as her platelets. Her rbs, hgb and hct as well as something called mchc-(I believe these deal with the red blood, are all low). I know at some point they were checking for hemolitic anemia.

At the moment we are more concerned for her than we would be if we had been told a diagnosis even if it was cancer. I am extremely exhausted. Not sure when this will be better as Nadia takes meds every 4 hours. My physical pain is hard to deal with.

Thanks for all of your prayers and cyber hugs...it is a great help...

Oluwa...That was my beloved grandfather's favorite song. Thank you for it.

In Him,

Karen

sits_inthe_corner
03-11-2008, 04:03 PM
sick n tired

Praying you find the strength you'll need over the next while. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Thanks for taking the time to give us the update.

Pretti in Pink
03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
sick n tired,

I'm glad to hear from you and especially that it is not cancer. Keep believing and we'll keep praying that GOD continues to do what he does best.

Thanks for checking in with us and here's continuing with the cyber hugs, strength and prayers.

onpointe
03-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm glad you are home, please take care of yourself too. I'll be thinking of you, stay strong!

onpointe

sick n tired
03-11-2008, 05:45 PM
We are on our way back to the hospital.

Vomiting and diarhea. Pain

Thanks for your continued prayers

Karen

Pretti in Pink
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Hang in there and keep us posted. In his name....

Saysusie
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Sick n Tired;
My heart is filled with thoughts of you and your family and your precious daughter. Please know that you are all in my prayers.
Let us know if the vomiting and diarrhea calms down. I know that it is hard to take care of yourself when you are fighting for your child, but do try.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
The nausia and diarrhea have abated. She is able to take soft foods this afternoon. The doc wants to keep her in the hospital for another day or two. She is very weak. Thank you Saysusie for asking. As far as taking care of me...........well.........someday I will return to that, but right now, I can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

We are still waiting for the tests and cultures to come back. The "genetic"test concerns me. I seems that is still testing for lymphoma or some sort of cancer.

In Him,

Karen

Saysusie
03-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Believe me, I understand your priorities right now. Personally, I know that there is no way that mommy can be o.k. until her child is o.k! I know exactly how that feels and I truly understand. We are praying that the day comes, very soon, when you both will be o.k. Until then, know that we understand and we are here for you.
I am so glad to hear that the nausea and vomiting have slowed down. Hopefully, a couple of more days in the hospital will allow her to regain her strength as well as take in nutrients. May you both have a peaceful and restful night tonight and I pray that the morning will bring even more good news!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Hope you all have a peaceful sleep tonight...soft hugsss.

Faith
03-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi Karen,

Thank you for the update on Nadia. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care and get some sleep yourself; or you will be on empty soon, and not able to take care of Nadia.

In The Garden is my Mom's favorite.

Sending cyberhugs . . . . .

God Bless,

Faith

Christina519
03-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Karen! I just wanted to let you know you and your daughter are in my thoughts. I hope she's better soon. stay strong. I posted a reply to you on my topic "Hanging in there" thanks again for your words of encourement.

Oluwa
03-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Karen...

How is your Nadia...know anything more...

Remember take care of yourself too. Without your health you may not be all you want to be for your daughter...

In my prayers..
Oluwa

mnjodette
03-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi, Karen. I just returned from vacation and was so anxious to hear how Nadia is doing. I pray that you'll be able to have answers soon. It must be terribly hard not knowing just what's wrong. Please know that I keep you in my prayers. And, like so many others, I'm sending you warm hugs - may God give you the strength you need, Karen.

Jody

sick n tired
03-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

We have gotten a few more of the tests back, but not all of them....Sooooo...they still do not know what her illness is. :mad:

The good news, however, is that they are relatively certain that Nadia does NOT have lymphoma!! :multi:

We are not out of the woods yet and our excitement has been short lived. Nadia is recuperating from the surgery and she is doing better, but I know form the last few months if they don't find out what is ailing her she will start to decline again.

Not sure if they are still checking the cancer angle, either, or if that is exhausted with the lymphoma diagnosis.

Nadia still has night sweats, not as soaking, pain, of course. Lowgrade fever if she is not on tylenol, some breathing probs...also made worse by the surgery..so that may get better with time.
She still has water around the heart..myocardial effusion, I think that is the name.

So it appears that we have won a skirmish, but not necessarily the war, yet.

As always...your continued support and prayers are much appreciated.

Taking an shaky and uncertain sigh of relief,

Karen

sits_inthe_corner
03-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Soft hugs to you and your family Karen

Thanks for keeping us up todate. My thoughts are with you and your Nadia. I hope you all had a peaceful night's sleep. I'm sure they are running tests six ways to sunday to find out what this is. Enjoy your Easter weekend :)

rob
03-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi Karen,

That's some great news. Little victories eventually lead to winning the war. I understand your apprehension about not being out of the woods yet. But a little good news, means hope. Hope is one of the greatest things a person can have, and just a little bit of it, goes a long long way. I cannot imagine the long dark nights that you , Nadia, and your family have had to endure. Take comfort in the fact that the hopes and prayers of so many are with you and Nadia every minute, of every day. Oh, and Happy Easter everyone!

Rob

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks Rob for the pep talk. I thought of you when I was posting the last one. My dad used to use that terminology. "we won the battle but not the war"

I agree...without hope then what is living for?

Karen

Faith
03-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi Karen,

I am glad she is doing better and they have a diagnosis and possibly a treatment plan. That must ease your mind some.

Thinking of you and praying.

Faith 8)

sick n tired
03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
No Faith,

We do not have a diagnosis and a treatment plan. That is what is so frustrating and scary about this whole thing. I have many questions that are not being answered by the docs, just because they do not know. Like why is there blood in her urine if this thing is in her chest. I can understand the water around the heart. Seems like the body is trying to protect her heart from the monster that is growing in her.

Thanks for you encouragement,

Karen

Pearl
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Karen -

Just popped in to check on you and yours. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and praying that your will continue to be filled with strength and courage during this difficult time.

Jana

Christina519
03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi Karen! Haven't been on for sometime and I've been wondering how you're daughter Nadia is doing? I read the good news and am so glad but no diagnosis can be frustrating. Hang in there! Will continue to stay posted.

mnjodette
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Karen, my prayers join those of so many others here, for you and for Nadia. Thanks for posting to keep us up to date. Please remember to watch out for your own well-being a bit, too..I know that must be so hard now. But, Nadia needs you!

Jody

sick n tired
03-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks for your support....it is really hard to not know. I originally thought that somehow this was autoimmune in one way...then when the cancer angle was brought to the table.....

Now I just don't know...we see the pulmologist on Friday. I sure hope that some more of the tests have come back.

Jody, as far as me, well I believe a flare is happening. I can hardly walk and have some acute pain in my back and right side. My chest is really hurting. I am trying to hang on to be able to take care of Nadia.
Thanks for asking.
There are times even on this forum that I feel so alone.

Karen

rob
03-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Karen,

While I go about my day, doing routine things, I think about many of the people here, and wonder how they are doing. I find myself thinking of you and Nadia, and hoping that everything will be OK. I think about the strength it takes to not only deal with your own health problems, but those of your child as well. The feeling of being alone must be overwhelming. I wish I had the words to say, to reassure you that you are not alone. Just know that there are a bunch of people just like me, who are thinking of you and Nadia. You and your daughter are in the thoughts and prayers of many people, every day. You are not alone.

sick n tired
03-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Rob,

Your words alone are like a balm to my gaping wound. Thank you for seeing my isolation through the fog and replying.

thankfully,

Karen

Numpty
03-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Karen
Rob always manages to say things so brilliantly so I'm simply going to echo his sentiments. Have been thinking about you and your family a lot recently and am posting again so that you don't think any of us have forgotten to keep those healing thoughts and prayers heading your way. Sometimes I wish I was closer to those of you hurting and alone to help in some small way!
~leaves a tonne of hugs~
Claire
x

sick n tired
03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Actually, Claire...you all have been great to respond on this thread. I was not complaining in the least about the response. And I have noticed your compassion coming through as well as many others. I was down the other day and I feel awful. I keep telling myself that it is not time to flare up, but my body is rebelling. So I keep going and not rest. Oh I wish I felt better...too much to do. My hubby has a big trip planned at the end of May. We have been planning and saving for two years. We are going to Disney World. I have to get everyone ready and I am exhausted before I start. Of coures, the trip will be off if Nadia doesn't regain strength.

This thread is the only way that I feel like I am not all alone. I am not alone with the Lord, of course, but being the mama of this huge family and with Lupus it is hard to get any support. I am supposed to be the one to support others. It is nice to feel that I am cared for if only on this thread.

Thank you for caring,

Karen

onpointe
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Karen,

Please, take care of yourself! I envy you in some ways, I would love to be the mom of a big family and you are right, they look to you for support so again, please take care of yourself, not just for your family but for you! You are not alone, we all feel that sometimes, but we are here for you.

I'll be thinking of you and your family, hang in there, you will get through this. :)

onpointe

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Well I still have no news on what is wrong with Nadia. The doctor is in the process of referring her to other pathologists not in the Baylor network. We feel that we want someone else to see these tissue samples. I would like to send them to the Mayo Clinic, but I think that they are staying in Texas for now.

I hope and pray that we can get some diagnosis after this. Nadia is still out of breath and coughing. She says that she can not lay flat or she can't breath. She still has a low grade fever and of course, the pain from the surgery is still there. She was having awful dreams or hallucinations at night but that was remedied by her not taking the hydracodone at night and much prayer. (some of her hallucinations? were of demons)

Thanks for caring,

Karen

sits_inthe_corner
04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Hugs Karen

Keeping Nadia in my prayers. Does she have a body pillow? Some times it helps possition the body so she can be more comfortable. Hugs and prayers for you all.

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 11:01 AM
A body pillow? thanks Sitc...I will try to find one for her.

sits_inthe_corner
04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
You can get them at Wal Mart. They are not very expensive. Cost something like $14. Also you might want to get her some satin pajamas. Makes turning over in bed much easier on a sore body. Heck grab a pair for your self while your at it :)

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Satin pajamas.....do you wear those while you are on the fancy sheets, sitc? Better watch it, you might just slide right off the bed... :lol:

Actually, Nadia has some flannel pajamas that she likes right now. I will look into a body pillow, though.

sits_inthe_corner
04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Actually I got the satin jammies because of the fancy sheets :lol:

My joints are sooooo sore that it hurts to turn over. The cotton pj's were hard to turn over in...and it hurt to the point I'ld wake up in pain with the least little movement.

I sleep much better now and wake up with much less pain.

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 11:49 AM
If they help that much then maybe I do need to get them. I also wake up in the night in pain......

sits_inthe_corner
04-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I was in SO much pain. I was looking for anything and everything that would make my life a little easier. Any thing that would keep me from staining my joints.

I have to wear compression socks to battle the swelling in my legs. Those things are so hard to pull on and off. I can feel the joints in my figures giving way.

I'd would go and hobble around the stores looking for anything that might make life easier. On my good days I'ld blow through the house throwing out clutter so I could get to the things I really needed easier.

Lula2ya
04-03-2008, 07:35 PM
WOW!!! Satin jammies and satin sheets. Sounds too dangerous for me, I would be one who slides right off the bed... that's All I need. It would be my very own version of a bone density test.

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
LOL Lula2ya,

That is what I would do if I had both satin sheets and jammies.....

You actually had me laughing out loud....a new way for a bone density test...Thanks, friend, I needed that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sits_inthe_corner
04-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Good Grief ... no satin sheets here...I would shoot across the room LOL. The sheets we're talking about are the polar fleece sheets...deep snuggly soft warm never want to get out of bed sheets :D

sick n tired
04-04-2008, 10:06 AM
I know SITC,

I thought about that around 4 am. Hope it didn't sound like anyone was poking fun at your good suggestion. I was just laughing at the mental picture that Lula2ya gave and the bone density joke. :lol:

I had that, actually, happen to me 25 years ago and that makes it more funny to me. My hubby when he was single had satin sheets. Shortly after we were married, I put them on our bed. I had on something that was gotten for me at my personal shower and our bed was very high(at least for me) Put all that together, when I got in bed I slid off onto the floor. Hubby tried to catch me and ended up falling off, too. It was sooooOooo funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your sheets sound too comfortable for words.

Karen

Lula2ya
04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
That is such a funny story. BTW.. I was just being silly, not poking fun AT all. I think it was a great suggestion... makes a lot of sense.. any suggestions to be more comfortable is always needed.

sits_inthe_corner
04-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Lula2ya

I think this board has a wonderful group of people here. I dont any one would ever say anthing hurtful or offensive.

Sometimes it's difficed in written communication go bring across the "tone" you entend. So it's easy to misinterpet things.

It also doesn't help that my spelling and grammer and typing skills have recently gone for a ride in a handbasket.

I leave letters off, reverse letters and forget how to spell basic words. It seems to be getting worse.

Any way ... my point is....I doubt I would assume humor was the intention as the people are so nice here.

Sometimes I just dont think I've expained very well and will look to clarify what I've said. I can be really dense some days :lol:

sick n tired
05-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Well it has been a while since Nadia had her Thorcatomy...

She is trying to get back to normal. She started a new job but was having too much pain if she works too long. They seem to be working with her. I have not had the money to take her for more testing due to her high Ana, but I am trying to save up for that. ( we have not even started paying for all the hospitalizations and surgery, not sure where that will be coming from)
She has a Cat scan tomorrow to see it the mass is growing or not.

All in all we are still in a wait and see mode. I feel like I am waiting to see when the other shoe will drop. On the other hand it could be worse...I am grateful that she is still alive.

Saysusie
05-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi Sick n Tired;
I do hope that Nadia finds some normalcy. You two have been through so much and I keep you both in my thoughts and my prayers. I know the issue of money can cause you stress and I only want to say that I pray that it does not over stress you to the point of a flare-up. But, I know that is easier said than done :?
Remember that we are here for you and Nadia.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Suzique
05-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Karen,
I'll send you some stuff regarding medical bills. May take me a day or two to get it all together, but the bills aren't going anywhere....
I used to live in good ole Texas, so I still have some resource guides from ER and home health.
Glad Nadia is trying to keep herself somewhat active. Sitting at home at her age would be rough - rougher even than for us old folks...

God Bless,
Susan

mnjodette
05-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Karen, nice to hear that Nadia is working and I'm glad she's got an understanding employer so she can manage her health.

I don't know about hospitals in Texas, but here in Minnesota, some of them have 'benevolence' funds that they have available for uninsured or under-insured people. Often you have to ask about them, though. They don't 'offer' the information. Might be worth the question. Hope you get a good answer!

Jody

NoodleMom
05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
How did the test go?

Medical Bills up the yahoo Im sure. I really wish that the medical care did not cost so much. Rather than doctors and hospitals just wanting to help people it has become all about the money. What ever happened to compassion?

K

sick n tired
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
:multi: :multi: :multi: THE TUMOR IS GONE :multi: :multi: :multi:
:smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
The doctor says that he just can't explain it, but the whole mass is gone....what is left is some scar tissue and some calcifications. Nadia still has some pain. The doctor wants to explore the whole autoimmune area. I know that she is not totally well and there is still much that we do not know, but she does not have a monster growing in her chest dangerously close to her heart.

I want to thank all of you who cared enough to pray and especially those of you who kept coming back to see the news. I will keep you posted as things come up.

Rastagirl
05-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Sick n Tired,

I am ecstatic for you and Nadia. What a miracle!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been following along on this thread for awhile and have been praying for this outcome. It gave me chills when I read your post. I am a strong believer in the amazing power of prayer and how it can truly work miracles.

God is looking out for your Nadia (and you) and has brought an amazing group of people together in this Forum to touch your lives. I could feel everyone's love for you and your family thru their posts.

I am so very happy for you and pray that God will continue to bring health and strength to Nadia.

God Bless!!

Lori :D

ColleenT
05-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi Karen,

What fantastic news!! I am tuly delighted for both you and Nadia! What an absolute relief!
This is definite cause for celebration!

:BIG:
All the best
Colleen

NoodleMom
05-14-2008, 04:54 AM
WOW!! :BIG:

How totally awesome is that.
What a great God we have,yes!!

Saysusie
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
:multi: :onfire: :smilecolros: :lilangel: :onfire: :onfire: :multi: :rainbow1:

OMG!!! What WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! I am so happy for you and for Nadia!! Who needs explanations, we have just witnessed a miracle..we shall not question it!!

Sending you great hugs of happiness!
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
WooOooOoooOoHoooOOOoooooO

Girly hugs to you and yours...that is WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy each other and have a blast ... you all have earned a big ol treat!

sick n tired
05-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Thank you all for rejoicing with us...this has been a real ride. I know that prayers can move mountains, but this is amazing and almost unbelievable.

We are going on vacation next week to Disney World. This has been planned for 2 years, but we weren't sure that we would be able to go. This year has been a really rough on on our family. (Actually the last 2 years.) My illness was bad enough, but with Nadia, too.... I am hoping and praying that there will be a reprieve on bad news and this is the start of a breather. If all we have to deal with is me then I will feel very satisfied.

-Karen
:B-fly:

rob
05-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Karen,

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am for you, Nadia, and your family. I thought about you and Nadia while the site was down, hoping that when things got up and running again I'd come here and learn that things had not gotten worse, and that you guys were coping with it. I didn't expect to hear you say the tumor is gone. I don't know what word applies to this event other than the word miracle. My advice for you at this point is- Go to Disney World, grab a couple of fists full of E-Tickets, and proceed to have the time of your lives!

sick n tired
05-16-2008, 02:08 PM
So Rob

with this battle under our belts, perhaps we have won the war this time.

How are you feeling...I never cease to pray for you.

Pretti in Pink
05-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Karen,

All praises be to GOD and his healing power. I rejoice with everyone else who has been keeping Nadia and the family in our prayers. That is GREAT! I will continue to pray for you guys and hope you have a safe, much needed enjoyable trip. Have enough fun for me and the rest of the gang but stay well.

Faith
05-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Karen,

I am so ecstatic and happy for you both. God has a plan and prayers do really move mountains. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

:olympic:

Faith

mnjodette
05-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh, Karen, that's just the best news ever! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-132.gif

I'm so thankful for that answer to prayer! You and Nadia have been on the minds (and in the hearts) of everyone here for a long while. {{{Hugs}}} to your whole family!

Jody

Missy
05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Karen -

I haven't been around for a while, but just read the whole thread to get caught up on what's been happening. I'm so happy that things are on the upswing. Congratulations! What an amazing and courageous person you are!

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope you have the best vacation ever!!!!! :D

sick n tired
05-17-2008, 08:24 PM
I have tears in my eyes...you guys are great!!!! This forum is such a comfortable place, kind of like home where we grieve for those who are grieving and we cheer for those who are doing better and we pray for all...thanks all of you.

Suzique
05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Karen,
I am so happy to read that the tumor is gone. You deserved a break on the stressors, and so did Nadia. This visit to Disney will truly be a celebration!
Please forgive me for not getting back to you with the medical bills information - I had a rough week. This is the first time I have even checked my email! I should be in church with my husband and son, but I was just not able to stand long enough to get dressed. I WILL get that info for you, though. I know there are programs to help when you are overrun with medical bills.
We will all continue to pray for you, since you have had a lot on you, too. You could do with some "healing", too! Hope you and Nadia have some nice, big hats to take with you. There is not a lot of shade at Disney!

Hugs,
Susan