PDA

View Full Version : FYI...

sits_inthe_corner
02-29-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm in the middle of home reno...so I may be on the missing list for a few days. I'll be popping in and out but staying at a hotle while things are finished. Stay safe all hugs.

Saysusie
02-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Sits-inthe-corner:
Best of luck on your remodel. Please let us know how it turned out! See you when you get back :lol: :D

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

hatlady
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes, let us know how it turns out!

You are SOOO lucky staying in a hotel while you're doing that. I've lived through "live in" remodels. AKA dust and fume he**...

Pretti in Pink
02-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Congrats on the remodel and enjoy the change of scenery (hotel) for a while.

rob
02-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Hope it all goes well. Don't be gone too long!

Oluwa
02-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh, look..its a cookie...

How long is long?

Enjoy the daily cleaned sheets, peppermint patty (toothpaste) free sink and the fresh roll of TP's.

Do they turn down or just turn up the sheets?

Head hug,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
03-01-2008, 07:42 AM
:lol: It was just for over night...it's 10:43 here now, and we are back..but no bathroom till just past noon...still have to stay off the floor. LOL hmmm I might have go down the road for a potty break. something about "knowing" there is no available washroom...increases the need.

It was strange sleeping in the hotel room. I missed my cat. I usally get several cat scans through the night. I actually woke up a few times wondering where he was.

We are expecting a snow stormy here today....I'm supposed to be going to an old friends house for supper tonight. We've been friends since I was 13 yrs old. We sort of lost contact but I bumped into her husband a few weeks ago and since have reconnected. I sure how the weather doesn't get in the way.

Rob how did you make out with the new mouth piece? Any problems this morning?

IloveHistory
03-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Sits_in_the_Corner!

Good luck with your remodel and let us know how it goes! :)

Keep well! :)

sits_inthe_corner
03-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Well...the bathroom is almost done. It's painted. The heated floor is installed The toilet is back in...Yeeha! The sink will go back in tomorrow and a few touch ups with paint and so forth. I decided to put the heating floors in the bathroom because the floor need replacing anyway and it's the coldest room in the house. It's also a very small room and they have those do it your self kits.

I cant turn the heat on for a few days. But I'm very excited. I have arthritis in my feet as well as every where else LOL I'm hoping this will make my mornings a lettle less painful.

Sigh, the trade off will be kicking the dog and cat out of the bathroom ... there's just not room for all of us lol.

I swear I am done with reno for a few months. This home owner stuff is for the birds. I'm at the point with this place, than anything done to it is for resale value. There is going to come a day when I cant stay in this house any more and it's got to be up to snuff so it can be sold.

The next major projects are bringing the electrical up to grade and then the chimney need to be replace...can ya hear me crying...yikes. But this is all stuff that has to be done.

Trying not to stess about this stuff. I sort of regret going for the heated flooring...but at the same time it will ben awfully nice too.

Saysusie
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Ooooooh, heated floors sound sooo nice. Especially in the bathroom!
You are almost finished with your remodel....we are just beginning. We will be doing major remodeling downstairs and, like you, may have to spend a few nights in a hotel. In a way, I am excited.....in other ways, I am dreading it.

I am glad that you are almost done with yours so that you can relax and enjoy it. How much longer for the chimney and the electrical?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
SITC, you're going to loovvveee heated floors. We have them throughout our house, and I swear I will never have another kind of heat ever again. There's nothing like it for warmth. Stepping out of the shower onto warm floors will be heavenly!

Pretti in Pink
03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Heated Floors :D Oh, I envy you. I cold snap just came thru Texas and it is cold and windy. I'm sure it's nothing compared to the Northern cold but to us, it's cold so I'll take some heated floors.

sits_inthe_corner
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
:lol:

I might sleep in there lol...I'ld have to push the cat and the dog out though.

onpointe
03-05-2008, 04:08 PM
sits_inthe_corner,

Glad to hear your remodel is going well, and quickly! :) We just finished ours and I had to stay with a friend for THREE weeks! They were very nice about it but I was glad to get home! We had to take the bathroom down to the studs and there was no ceiling or floors, then the plumbing needed more work than we thought so it took fooooorrrrrevvvvvvverrrrrr! ;) My poor hubby had to do it all himself, well, with a little help from a dear friend of ours. I love my new bathroom though, he put in a jacuzzi tub that's 22" deep, I take a bath every night now. The only thing left to do is put the new window in but at least it's functional. :) I agree, there is something about knowing you don't have a potty that makes you feel like you have to go all the time! ;) We still have a few pieces of trim to paint and need to put some shelves in the closet, other than that we have remodeled our house ceiling to floor in every room! Blurgh! I NEVER want to do that again! If the time comes for us to sell this place at least it's ready, and I'm either moving into a brand spankin' new house or renting cuz this remodeling is for the birds! ;) My husband is an electrician so I have all these fancy lights everywhere, he's so funny, I even have lights in my coat closet that come on automatically when you open the doors!

Glad to hear your home and can sleep on your bathroom floor if need be. ;)

onpointe