PDA

View Full Version : For anyone dealing with mind fog!

jesseyleigh
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Okay i keep seeing the ads here on the board for a free 7 day trial of provigil. TAKE THEM UP ON IT!!! I swear by the stuff on important audition and call back days it defenetly makes a difference i dont take it all the time cause the stuff is too expensive. But i thought i would throw that out there :) i certainly hope it helps

papillon
03-02-2008, 07:03 PM
What does provigil do? What is it?

Saysusie
03-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Provigil generic drug name modafinil,is a drug that keeps you awake. It has legitimate medical uses and is used for performance enhancement by the military for pilots and soldiers in combat situations. Provigil enhances short-term memory and lets users stay awake for extended periods. Provigil is a controlled substance and can only be obtained with a doctor’s prescription. It is also used to treat fatigue symptoms of fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and other conditions. Users say that it also help to combat their "Brain Fog".

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Faith
03-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Hi Ladies,

Provigil is great; but the insurance companies will not pre-cert. Provigil unless you have narcolepsy (possibly loose your DMV license) or have shift work wakefullness or a sleep study.

If you can get free samples; take them up on it as it does help with fatigue and brain fog.

There are some other alternatives such as Phentermine taken on opposite days with Dexedrine. These two have to be rotated otherwise your body gets addicted to the Phentermine. The insurance will generally pay for both and they are generics. It keeps you awake, gives you energy, etc. Check drug interactions if you are on Flexerill as you cannot take more than 15 mg. of Phentermine while on Flexeril.

Take care,

Faith

Pretti in Pink
03-04-2008, 05:46 AM
I thought phentermine was one of those drugs that were banned or demmed bad, health wise, after the big weight loss mess or is that not the same medication?

Faith
03-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Pretti in Pink,

There was a combo Phentermine and something else, it was the other drug that was banned otherwise it would not be available via prescription. Phentermine is used for energy and weight loss. It helps with the chronic fatigue when alternated with Dexedrine and both are great for brain fog and come in generic.

Take care,

Faith

Pretti in Pink
03-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Didn't know that-interesting.

Oluwa
03-06-2008, 09:53 AM
A tibit...

Fen-Phen was it's nickname....for fenfluramine and phentermine.

Fenfluramine was the culprit.

Pretti in Pink
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Oh yes, I do recall Fen-Phen. I never knew what the Fen was for though. Interesting.

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Faith, I never heard that you could not take more than 15 mg while on flexerol. Does you know why?

I was all prepared to try the phentermine and dexedrine but I do take flexerol.

Faith
03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey Karen,

I would suggest trying the Phentermine and Dexedrine, just remember you can't take more than 15 mg per day. It causes a heart interaction if you are on more than 15 mg per day and Flexeril. Honestly, I didn't have any problems but that doesn't mean long term I wouldn't.

I take my Phentermine late in the morning (9:00 a.m.) with the understanding that I am going to be very tired and need to take a nap in the afternoon when it runs off (1:30-2:30 pm). I have lost some weight since alternating the two; though I take it for the energy only. Without it, I don't function well at all. It helps with cognitive issues also.

I would try it Karen; you will almost feel human until it wears off. . . lol. Let me know how you feel.

Take care,

Faith 8)

sick n tired
03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks Faith...My energy level is almost nil. Probably all the stress in my life. So, I will try.

Hugs,
Karen

Faith
03-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey Karen,

How are you doing? Energy still low? I was thinking about you and wondering . . . .

Take care,

Faith :lol:

sick n tired
03-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Energy is non existent with me lately...I have not started on phentermine yet. Been so busy with Nadia and another daughter that I was unable to put a call into the doc this week. I have also been having so much pain in my neck, lower back and arm that I am unable to sleep for it. That will take the energy out of you, also. :)

I hope all is going great with you this week. Do you have more energy at all times with these drugs?
Thanks for caring to ask,

Karen

Faith
03-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Karen,

I am sorry to hear you are having pain in your neck, lower back and arm. That will take the energy out of you.

Everything is going well; staph almost gone. whew! I have more energy with these drugs. I have noticed the Dexedrine and phentermine help with the Fibro/Lupus fog too. You may lose some weight in the beginning.

Call the doc and update us. It sounds like you would really benefit from them. You still need to take care of yourself.

Take care,

Faith :lol:

sick n tired
03-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I'll do that, Faith...I was supposed to call the doc on friday but my daughter went into labor around 3 that morning. I was at the hospital all night. I never was able to call him.