PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo....

sits_inthe_corner
02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I have had vertigo off and on for a few years now, my doctor gave me a simple exercise to do that helps move the fluid of my inner ear back to where it should be.

For the past year...I haven't had even one bought of vertigo. Untill this morning. :turn-l:

Everytime I moved the slightest bit the whole room tipped. Took me for ever to get ready for work. I got my hubby to come back and drive me to work. Spent the day at work avoiding certain tasks cause I knew I would end up on my behind.

I was wondering if others here suffer with vertigo and is it constant or does it come and go?

mnjodette
02-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds like you've had positional vertigo. I've had that. Had to be hung upside down (really!...sort of...) to get the little 'crystals' in my inner ear back in place. I thought it was a joke until it actually worked.

If you have it again, you may need some help figuring out how to get that fluid back in place - I went to a physical therapist who really did the trick. In the meantime, you can use a motion sickness medication (my doctor's hint) like Bonine or Dramamine or something like that.

I'm sorry you're going through that...it's so uncomfortable and really makes it impossible to do much of anything. Hope it passes soon!

sick n tired
02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear that you are in discomfort. I have those problems on again off again but I believe that it is allergy or sinus related.

I think that is a novel approach to go upside down to get the equilibrium back.

Hope that tomorrow is better,

Karen

sits_inthe_corner
02-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Yes mnjodette

That's exactly right. And it does work quite well. I haven't had to take any medications for this, which is a blessing. I've got enough pills to swallow. LOL.

I had to come home from work early this afternoon. I was so dizzy I felt ill. Hubby has promised to help me with the repositioning tonight..

Suzique
02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Sits,
My mother had the same type problem - hers to the point of not being able to drive, and she often vomited. It was disabling. Her ENT did a "pressure point" thing, where he pressed hard on the spot under her ear (don't know how he knew which ear to do this to), but she has not had a single episode in a year since he did it. She, too, has IT, so I don't know if it is a common ailment with Lupus sufferers, but many seem to experience it. Also, are you feeling pressure in your sinuses? Having fullness (fluid) in your ear can cause a type of vertigo. Hope you are able to get past this problem quickly and with little suffering.

Susan

sits_inthe_corner
02-27-2008, 11:46 AM
TY Suzique

I know my aunt has vertigo, but she doesn't have lupus. I'm not sure if there's a connection or not.

There has been drastic change in the weather over the last 24 hours. And yes I've had pressure in my sinuses.

I suppose I shouldn't complain...there are people who live with vertigo day in and day out, 24 7. I have had a full year off from it.

My Rhuemy had to cancell my appointment today :( , but she has reschuled for tomorrow. I'll be interested on her take with vertigo. I'm hoping tomorrow I might get a difinative answer on the lupus.

Keep your eyes crossed for me :)