PDA

View Full Version : Confused about cold medications....

sits_inthe_corner
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Okay, I'm on arthrotec 75 twice a day, and plaquenil two tablets at bed time and a raft of vitamins and other stuff I was told to take.

My family doctor and the rheumatologist told me to stay away from cold and flue medicactions because they would react badly with my lupy/ostio meds. But they both said I should take Cold FX.

Here's the question. Both of those drugs are geared towards calming my immune system down. The Cold FX boost the immune system so you can fight off viruses. You start taking 3 pills 3 times for the first day ... then 2 pills 3 times on the second day and 1 pill 3 times on the 3rd day.

So....isn't taking something that boosts my immune system anti productive to my well being and does the flue shot do the same thing?

Saysusie
02-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Your meds are really acting against the anit-bodies that have invaded your body. Immune boosting cold remedies do not affect these medications that are working on your antibodies. Immune boosting cold remedies contain vitamins and minerals which have no affect, whatsoever, on your immunosuppressant medications. These vitamins and minerals are said to help build your immune system against flu and cold viruses. So, even though they both talk about the immune system, they are totally unrelated in what they do. So, you are not negating one by taking the other.
You are building up your resistance to viral infections with the cold remedies. You are suppressing the production of harmful antibodies with your medication.

I hope that I've answered your question.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sits_inthe_corner
02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
That sure does clear it up. Now I'll take my cold fx with out worrying about it. It really does work well for me so I'ld hate to give it up. Every one around me has been dropping like flies with the cold, but when I feel it starting up I take the cold fx and it clears right up the first day.

Saysusie
02-21-2008, 11:41 AM
:lol:

Saysusie