PDA

View Full Version : regarding scholarships

ayshi123
02-18-2008, 08:37 PM
hey this is ayasha. does anyone know if there are scholarships you can get concerning being a lupus patient?? i am going to college this fall and this would be of help :)
thnx

Oluwa
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
This is from Saysusie on another thread I copied and pasted

The L.I.F.E. scholarship does not have geographic boundaries for eligiblity. Here is their information:

Background

The L.I.F.E. Scholarship will be awarded to one or more students in the month of August and/or January every year. Award recipients will receive a minimum award of $500.00 made payable to the educational institution at which they are enrolled for tuition, fees, and other educational-related expenses.

Notification will be given to the winner(s) only.

Eligibility

Each applicant must be diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and be working towards a degree with a minimum of six credits per semester at an accredited United States college or university. The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in at least one extracurricular activity (e.g., performance group, athletics, clubs/organizations, community service, employment, etc.).

Application Procedure

Candidates MUST submit:
Completed application form.
Letter from a physician verifying a diagnosis of SLE.
Copy of a transcript or grade report of the last semester attended.
One letter of recommendation from a teacher, faculty member, mentor, coach, club/organization advisor, or employer (excluding family members).
An essay of 500 words or fewer, typewritten and double-spaced on "How Lupus Has Affected My Life."

The application and accompanying documents should be mailed to the following address:

Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence
L.I.F.E. Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 64088
Tucson, AZ 85728-4088

The Foundation will not accept faxed or emailed applications or those postmarked after the deadline.

Application Deadline

The application and all accompanying documents must be postmarked by July 1st for the August award and December 16th for the January award.

Oluwa
02-18-2008, 08:48 PM
And I found this from Saysusie also...

These are the only two that I've ever heard of. You can also check the Arthrits Foundation's website.

http://www.*Great Dancer*.org/lnfmsf_bio.htm

The Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence (L.I.F.E.) is the only charitable, non-profit, organization in the country dedicated to providing much-needed financial aid to students with SLE. To receive a L.I.F.E. Scholarship packet, please write to LIFE4lupus@hotmail.com. For more information about L.I.F.E. scholarships, volunteer opportunities or donations to the L.I.F.E. Scholarship Fund, please write to Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 64088, Tucson, AZ 85728-4088.

Oluwa
02-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Hummm...I don't know why the word in the website was replace with great dancer..hummm

What dirty word would mean great dancer...?

Too funny,
Oluwa

Saysusie
02-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Neither do I...but here is the website again (I hope):

www.arthritis.org

Saysusie

jesseyleigh
02-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Once i was able to prove i had a chronic illness and what it did to my life financially especially the financial aid office had my school paid for every year! They can often be helpful in finding other scholarships you are available