PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Tiredness...

sits_inthe_corner
02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
It's like being hit with a brick. I'll be fine then BANG. I've got nothing left.

And what worse, when it hits...I go from being patient and kind..to I need to lay down RIGHT NOW! I get panicly tired, if that makes any sense. I feel like a toddler bout to pinch a hissy fit.

I'll be out to a dinner party with hubby or over at friends and I just cant make it through the evening. Hubby gets mad at me cause I want to go home and go to bed. He asks me to tough it out, but I'm so tired I could just throw up.

I sleep really well at night. Problem is I could sleep really well all day and night. I dont know what to do about it.

Pearl
02-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Slumber....beautiful slumber. If only it didn't make me so tired.....

Believe it or not, the Plaquenil may help with the fatigue...as I said in my reply to your other post, it does take time, however.

Take care and get rest when you need it.

Jana

sits_inthe_corner
02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I read your reply on the other post, I didn't realize that plaquenil would help with the tiredness. That would be great. Can I have a note to give to my boss when I "need" a nap at work? :lol:

With any luck it should kick in about the end of March.

sick n tired
02-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi sits in the corner,

I have those problems too. One day I think that I am coming out of this funk and the next the mere act of getting up in the morning fatigues me. Have you heard of the site http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/? the administrator and creator of that site wrote a paper about spoons while still in college. It really explains the fatigue part of this illness quite well. Sometimes I play a trick on myself and kindof "hide" my spoons so that they are there when my hubby wants to go to dinner. Sometimes it works, but then I feel lazy because I am concerving my energy.
Have a great night sleep and I will be.......................

hiding my spoons under the pillow,

Karen

mnjodette
02-23-2008, 07:49 AM
How can it be that we get so tired....and then can't sleep at night? What a cruel trick!

I had yet another sleepless night - pain kept waking me up - grrrrrr......

Jody

sits_inthe_corner
02-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Awww...sorry to hear that Jody, sucks not getting a decent sleep. It starts a vicious cirlce cause you're tired the next day and if you take a nap or go to bed too early then ya cant sleep well the next night.

Just like a dog chasing it's tail.

Hot bath befor bed usually knocks me out. Or I think of Johnny Depp :oops: hahahahha then I dont mind being awake <insert evil grin>

Peggyj
02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
I know exactly what you mean about that sudden intense need to lie down and sleep. It seems to come out of nowhere and there is a very real feeling of panic. I wonder what would happen if I couldn't lie down when it hits, but I'm afraid to find out!

I've been on Plaquenil about 4 months now and I haven't had one of those episodes lately. I hope it helps you.

Hang in there.
Peggy

sits_inthe_corner
02-23-2008, 09:35 AM
I've been stuck in situations where I couldn't go to bed or lie down. It's absolutely sickening. My stomack turns...I could just cry. I pace till it's time to go home. If my husband could understand one thing...I wish he could understand that. He's pretty good about most things....but he thinks I'm being anti social. That couldn't be further from the trueth...obviously I'm gabby lol...I love being around people.

But when I need rest...there's no choice. It will just get worse untill I get to lay down.

Oluwa
02-23-2008, 04:40 PM
There's PeggyJ..hadn't seen you for a spell. Doing alright?

Skipping along, bam hit with a brick..ah, that's just IT playing his mind game.....

Head hug,
Oluwa

Angel Oliver
02-17-2009, 06:01 AM
Just to say i fully understand this post. When it hits you have to lie down NOW. And yes, if you are somewhere that you can not lie down....ahhhh that feeling is the worst. I so hope it has got better for you even if just slightly. Mine hits me, well this week round about 2pm in the afternoon.So i dont fight it.....i just sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :)

Love
Angel.xx

mountaindreamer
02-17-2009, 06:08 AM
hi angel,

my fatigue also hits me like a brick. I can be doing fine, and then all of a sudden, I need to find a place to sit and preferably to lie down. I get irritable, need my bed.....act like a baby.

hope you have a great day.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
02-17-2009, 06:23 AM
It seems allot of us have to deal with this. Im giggling at...you act like a baby.....i so understand this, i think it must come as a package lol :) I used to have it bad at work. Mmmm not a good place to be when it hits.How do i explained my feet stomping to customers lol :) Once i went to lie down in a dark office that was 'nt being used.Can you imagine the horror i felt when my collegue come in to see if i was ok.....2 hours had passed and i was dreaming.....at work. Good job i stopped working really.

Angel.xx

Bama
02-17-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm having those episodes too right now. I get nausated and feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't lay down. If I don't lay down, I have passed out before. I've been telling my doctors about it and they just look at me funny because when I'm in their office I seem just fine. They just don't understand that this stuff comes out of no where instantly.

Angel Oliver
02-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi Bama, well we understand you. Doctors are a strange species. You keep posting here and tell us when it happens.It will help us all.

LOve
Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
hi angel,

I have woken up before and had to check a couple of clocks. I had been sleeping for 2 hours, and thought it was only about 15 minutes. I am glad that I don't live in a glass house....the neighbors would be a hoot watching me walk around the house looking at different clocks.

we have to laugh whenever we can.
phyllis

iseedeadmonkeys
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
god i so kkno how you feel here,

im shattered but got nothing to show for my day...........whens it bed time?

Numpty
02-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Heya SitC

I had that trouble too and even got so far as falling asleep in bus shelters while waiting for the bus and also once while waiting to cross the road on a sunny day. Sun was so bright I shut my eyes for a second and nearly fell face first into the traffic. That was the point I decided to ask the doctor about it and got sent for a sleep study et all. Turns out I have Sleep Apnoea (or however you spell it) and I stop breathing 14 times per hour during the night. I didn't think it would be that as I don't snore but all the machines say that apparently I do.

Is horrible having to sleep with a mask on though.. and then an eye mask when I have a migrane.. I feel like see no evil, speak no evil... all I need now are some ear plugs and I can be all three monkeys in one!!!

Hope you get yourself sorted out soon girly!

Numpt
x

tishka
02-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Wow...I am new to this group but when I read this it was BLAM!!! That is me! I did that today...have done it a lot this past 6 months and it is so hard to have to plan a day when you have things you have to go do and you are hoping that your body will make it. Nothing worse then getting in your car thinking...should I nap here for awhile or do you think you can make it home.
Yep...and sleeping at night. Right! Seems like I never do that...like right now.

mountaindreamer
02-20-2009, 05:37 AM
hi tishka,

I know exactly what you mean. I will get in my car and sit for a minute deciding if i have the energy to go where i had planned. I have gotten out of my car, came back inside, and went to bed. It is so hard not to beat yourself up over this craziness...but we can't let it get us down.

i try so hard to laugh when this happens....but sometimes i can't find the humor.

Angel Oliver
02-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Hi and welcome Tishka.

I am glad you found this site and glad can relate to some of these posts. At one time, i too thought it was only me.But since coming here, i know now some of my symptoms are actually happening to many others. At one point i thought maybe i am just lazy.But no......im tired, very tired like everyone here.....big difference from being lazy. Sometimes, people still say, you know when they say things so they think it will help you like.....you need to get back to work, go to the gym, get back into a routine.OMG.If could do just one of them id be so happy id go back to work lol. Until you experience such fatigue,absolute tiredness where your body tells you ''STOP RIGHT NOW'' they will never understand. But we all certainly do :)
So welcome.xxxx

love
Angel.xxx

NoodleMom
02-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh yea, the fatigue....uffda.
Yesterday I was out with my daughter helping her choose make up. We had given her a gift certificate to buy make up. So anyway I was using my cane cuz I had a bit better stamina. We were looking and I squatted down twice to look at the bottom shelf and then used my cane to pull myself up. We found what she wanted and just browsed when bam! outta nowhere came this life sucking, energy sucking, all consuming exhaustion. I still had to pay for the make up and HubbyMan was waiting for a prescription. I paid and barely made it to the car. I sat there just like a soggy dish cloth.

K

Saysusie
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
It is a bit scary when it comes on you suddenly like that! I've had it come on me suddenly when I was just sitting watching television. Suddenly, I feel as if I will never be able to get off of the couch and I can't move. I'd be interested in knowing the exact biological mechanism that occurs when the fatigue hits us like that.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie