PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weekend & Bad Day

Faith
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
No sleep Friday and Saturday; pain FM & joint pain, muscle leg pain and spasms. Couldn't bend legs. Took Vicodin and it didn't even calm it down. GRRRRRR :evil:

My eyes are red no matter how many drops I put in them. Doctor is calling in Restasis (spelling?) to create tears.

My mouth is full of sores and not eating; though I somehow picked up 2 lbs. I cried because my family went to the home show and I didn't; too much pain in my legs. Cancelled dentist appointment; no way in this shape!!! :oops:

Today, I went grocery shopping and tried to use my debit card; which I never use. The person in front of me took 30 minutes to check out; I was getting frustrated and put my head down on my purse in the cart in sheer defeat. My legs started hurting with pain running up the front of my shins. :twisted:

I couldn't remember the pin number if my life depended on it. I was so frustrated and out of energy. I called the bank and they told me they didn't "know" the number as I would need to rekey it. I just fell apart in sheer frustration. Angry and crying on my way to pick up my daughter; late. I went home to get a check so I could return to the store to get my groceries which they kindly put in the freezer.

One frustration after another. I am really sorry for whining. I am praying tomorrow is better. Does it get any better? Between it all, I am tired of IT. All these meds; for what? Too many and too expensive!! Any suggestions or ideas? I am feeling lost and very alone! :cry:

Faith

cheryl_v
02-13-2008, 08:03 AM
God Bless You, you poor thing. I have no suggestions, I don't take hardly any meds (I don't like them and can't afford either). So I'm not much help there. All I can offer you is my ears, talk to me all you want. Venting can be clensing I must admit, it helped me. I so understand your frustration, not to long ago I wanted to run to my room and cry and never come out, why bother? I still fight with my emotions, my kids need me and that keeps my head on (even if a little crooked,lol). The people here, you too, is what helped most. I needed someone to hear and understand me, no one at home cares to hear (they just roll their eyes as if to say "here we go again"). I had the same problem with my card, never hardly use it and the bank really doesn't know your #. I called and told that I lost my pin, the card was of no use. They mailed me a new pin I had to reactivate, maybe your bank will do that or see if you can get a new card and shred the old?
Always here to lend an ear, I love to and it helps me feel better too. It's the least I can do for the help I was given, to pay it back by helping someone else if I can. Some, like me, feel better when they see an understanding person reply (not like the people around me who say they do, but rolling those eyes when they think your head's turned). Sorry if I sound corny, I have the words in my head for you, just not coming out the same when typing them (head foggy today). Hope you have a better week, gentle hugs and my support to you............... did you get it?(lol) :angel:

Oluwa
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Faith,

If I was in the grocery line, I would have paid for your groceries. Sometimes a small act of kindness can turn a upside down in a rightside one for someone, even a stranger.

Funny when I am not feeling well, everything too seems to go wrong, but I really believe it we were well, without chronic pain, we could, we would laugh and say silly me, I left my brain at home. I'll be right back...

We drop a glass on Monday, it is horrific and we fall down in tears, we drop and break a glass on Tuesday..we sweep it up and move on. Pain can break us. Daily woes become magnified when not feeling well. When I feel like that I wish someone else would grab the reins. Hope you have someone...

Meds...are you on mail order? I am sure DSHS has a program for prescription supplements or ask the doctor to prescribe, lets say two a day for thirty days, knowing you are on only one day so your prescription can last for sixty days. That would help especially if you are on a co-pay. Check it out.

It does get better as we change our heart and spirit about IT, about life, our perception of it. Last year I was running out of rope, out of hope and all along I had the tools, and forgot to use them. My faith, my books, my family, my friends...fretting over what once was, what may have been doesn't allow us to live this day. To be thankful, and envelope ourselves in the minutes of each day. Be it in a berry, a memoir, a photograph, the scent of a Gardenia, or a hug of someone dear. And when it doesn't seem so easy, it may be hard but ask, can you hug my head today. I love mine hugged, I feel like a little girl, small and secure...

Today, doing the best that I can, despite of IT and I hope you are too.
Hugging your head, squeeze.
Oluwa

luvwine2007
02-13-2008, 11:12 AM
<hugs>

I'm sorry you had a bad couple of days, Faith!! Everything does seem to go wrong all at once, then other times when we are feeling well everything is fine. Hang in there, good days will come!

cheryl_v
02-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Come to think of it, I have to agree with Oluwa. When we're in pain we do handle things badly and we're more sensitive to our surroundings. When we're happy, not much matters or bad things don't seem to hard to handle. Thanks Oluwa, food for thought. Next time things seem so horrible, I'll try to think how I would normally handle it on a good day. For the meds, my Mom recommended the $4 program at Wal-mart or Walgreens, worth a shot. :D

mnjodette
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Faith, my dear friend, my heart goes out to you. I so very much understand what you're going through. Some days you really ARE up to the challenge of this disease...some days just getting out of bed is a major accomplishment. I pray you'll find the tools you need to cope. In the meantime, we're here for you - ready and willing to lend you an ear and send you a hug.

Jody

Oluwa
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Faith? Faith?

Today any better or did you stub your toe and dripple coffee on your blouse?

Happy Valentine's Day,
Oluwa

Oluwa
02-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Such a cute avatar Jody...

Happy Valentine's Day
Oluwa

mnjodette
02-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Love your avatar, too, Oluwa. Fun to 'change it up', huh?

Jody

Faith
02-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Hi Cheryl_v, Oluwa, Jody & luvwine2007,

Thank you for the words of encouragement and support ladies. It's nice to know others understand the sheer frustration and sometimes feelings of hopelessness. I don't feel soo bad about the pen Cheryl; someone else experienced this too. I am going to rekey it tomorrow and write it down in my purse. Thank you for the understanding and gentle hugs.

I think Oluwa was right in that our feelings are magnified when we aren't feeling well. Thank you for the kind words and saying you would have paid for my groceries; I cried happy tears when I read that. I am on mailorder meds and may very well hit up my doctors or double the amount. What is DSHS? You lost me on that one Oluwa.

I guess I am where you were last year; running out of rope. I have my faith, family, books and friends. I pray everyday thankful for all things good and bad. I need to reach the point of embracing the minutes of each day. Thank you for the head hug; I felt it. How are you feeling and did your tests come back yet?

luvwine, you are correct everything does seem to go wrong all at once. Thank you for the hugs and kind words.

Jody, my heart goes out to you too. I know you haven't been doing well either. Some days we are up to the challenge of this disease and others are a definate struggle. Thank you for the ear, understanding and the hugs. How are you feeling?

Oluwa, no stubbing my toe today; you make me laugh!! What would we all do without your sense of humor? My clothes dryer is about to die; so I am debating putting $$$ into or buying new. Whew, was I in shock!!! I might have to take out a 2nd on my house to afford a new washer/dryer set. lol. My repairman said it may not be worth the cost for the repair.

Mmm, do I save a lot of money and pray nothing else goes wrong or get a new set? The good news, they have pedestals for front loads so you don't have to bend over; that is a huge selling point for those of us with Fibromyalgia and back pain.

Mouth sores are almost gone; low back and hand pain has not left all week and another rash has appeared on my back. It's okay. . . . . . I am hanging in there along with my eyelid wipes. lol. It cracks me up at some of the rediculous things we have to do for this disease. lol. You have to laugh or you just kinda cry; nah not today.

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!! What did you do on your special day? I hope you all had a blast and that it was pain free. Again, thank you and bless you for your kind words and understanding.

God Bless,

Faith :)

cheryl_v
02-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Do you have good credit? My washer/dryer set was going last year and couldn't afford replacements. Home Depot and Sears run those no payments/no interest for 12 months. So I got a new set last year and just paid it off 2 wks ago with income tax this year. If your credits good enough to get a card, then do it. I honestly didn't think mine was good enough, surprisingly it was. Hope this helps, maybe get it now and pay off with income tax next year. :D

mnjodette
02-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm about the same, Faith...thanks for asking. I'm home today and laying low - drinking coffee and staying warm. (very cold here again....)

Gotta' go out for a while later on, so I'll be bundled up looking like the Michelin Man or the StayPuft Marshmallow guy (remember Ghost Busters? :lol: ) in my big down coat. Silly thing......

Nothing special for Valentine's Day. We don't generally do anything - but tonight we'll watch a movie on the big TV, eat something yummy (with empty calories) and just relax. Believe it or not, that's all the excitement I'm looking for. Borrrrrring, I know. :oops:

Jody

Faith
02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Hello ladies,

Cheryl_v, you must have read my mind. That's where I was last night looking at washer and dryers. I like the idea of the 12 months, % free; and we are seriously considering it. Did you by any chance get a front load?

Jody, we didn't do anything special either; except look at washers at Home Depot. Watching a quiet movie on TV sounds great; not boring at all!! I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Oluwa
02-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Faith,

My experience with a washer and dryer.

We purchased the front loaders. Kenmore with pedestals. The huge ones, Sedona in color. A burnt pumpkin orange. I know, orange??? I love my colors.

We bought these with my repaired back in mind. Arm level, to load and unload...no bending...sheesh. The clothes come out a tangled mess. No where to put them down to untangle them. The top is too high to use as a counter. First time, I threw them on the floor and wrestled with the knots, uttering profanities.

Later I worked my way to untwisting them in a laundry basket while kneeling...

I finally worked up the courage to tell my husband I made a mistake because of the Sedona color the pedestals were so outrageously priced too...but had to have them. Well, the stands were more of a hinderance and I suggested we put them under the stairs, in our animal closet. He lectured, I cringed... In the closet, under the machines...? Either way they are being used was my defense.and well, they went under the stairs.

Since then we added cabinets, now I have a nice long counter to untangle the mess....

Whites come out fluffy. Jeans a knot. Cotton shirts a knot...but it does spin them dry, especially the towels..the 16 towel amount too as advertised. Requiring little dryer time.

In the end...I like them, would I purchase them again? Probably not. I can get knots for a lesser price.

Oluwa the boatsman.

cheryl_v
02-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I bought the Kennmore Elite Oasis, pricey I know. I wanted one with no aggitator, always banging my hands on them to get clothes out (ouch). Good thing is my blankets and pillows can be washed more often without taring up. The clothes come out fine, just pressed really hard against the wall. I got the matching dryer of course. Both were the largest copasity they had (holds my king size blanket), because of 3 kids and the day-care (hate to send dirty or soiled clothes home). They are energy efficent and use little water, only whats just needed. They are so quiet, all you hear is the water draining with washer and pants buttons banging in the dryer. Problem, cost almost $2,300 after tax. Its why I used my income tax, although I don't spend so much time doing laundry since it washes so much at once. Good luck in your search :D .

Oluwa
02-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Cheryl..

I have the King size Kenmore HE Elites, I think they are the same as your's but mine are last years model and my clothes come out mangled with more twists that a licorice stick...especially long sleeve cotton shirts and PJ's. Anything with a limb. Help what am I doing wrong...

Maybe the gazillion spins per minute was a bad investment for me...

Dressed in wrinkled clothes,
Oluwa

cheryl_v
02-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Yes I do believe we do, I have last years model too (also HE). I keep the spin cycle on low, or medium at most. My hubby hates wrinkles, so we found out removing promptly from dryer to hanger helps a lot. Hope this helps :D . Oh yeah forgot, I put fabric softner and a dryer sheet with every load to help clothes from wrinkling (I'm lucky to have the Dollar Tree in town so I can afford too). I refuse to iron, its one chore I will not do. I cut corners on skipping out of that chore :lol: .

Faith
02-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Oluwa,

I was laughing at the computer as I read your message about front-loads. I could picture you wrestling your sheets on the floor and uttering profanities :D Orange is pretty; reminds me of a sunrise.

Very imaginative about the pedestals. :lol: You haven't been boating lately have you?? Dropped them in the lake????? Ahh haa, now we know where they really are. lol. Just joking!!!!

I looked at the Kenmore Elites; they are sooooo pretty!! Wow!!! Unfortunately, the depth of the machine it too large for my small laundry. Bummed. . . . but not ready to give up . . . .

Looking at the Whirlpool Duet Sports (smaller) with pedestals. I was thinking of the same thing about the back pain (FM); I thought it would be easier to shift from one machine to another without every bending or sitting on the tile floor. The heck with untwisting; I would just shift the twists into the dryer until they are fluffly. lol.

I hope you are not dressed in wrinkled clothes as nice and pretty those machines are . . . . .

Thank you for the feedback and take care,

Faith 8)

Faith
02-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Hey Cheryl,

Thank you for the info on the Elite. They are just gorgeous and you are able to pick colors and not just buy plain white. As I mentioned to Oluwa, they are too deep... so I am looking at the Whirlpool Duets. I was dreaming of all the loads I would NOT be doing with the big Kenmores. Bummed it won't fit.

Kenmore is made by Whirlpool. Costco has a deal in the store both units for $1500 with pedestals and a 2 year warranty. I am still debating . . . . . need to decide soon. The dryer's squeek is getting louder . . . . .

Do you have back problems with your set? Do you have the pedestals? If they are literally a pain; maybe I will skip them. Something to think about. Thanks for all your input. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Oluwa
02-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Faith...They dry up nice and fluffy without softners...softner smell gives me a headache. Especially Bounce, it has a hint of a chemical smell, makes me nauseated. Mine, it is the washer that mangles them. They look like the apple trees' limbs in the Wizard of Oz...

Being fatigued with achy limbs at every joint, shaking the twists out is crazy. Like trying to untangle a necklace that was lost in the bottom of your purse for months. I find lighter loads and mixing up the clothing by different weights of the material helps a bit...

HEs washers, are energy savers, but whose energy...er, ah not mine...pant, pant...yawn..sigh.

The other day, I was wrestling with the clothes and out of frustration and pain, I said who needs this and left the wet knots on the counter top. I thanked my husband for following behind my mess and straightened it out.

Go for the Duets...if the clothes come out strangled, well..it will be a smaller mess.

The Elites really are too huge..

Boating? Husband or the pedestals...

My belly burns something awful and my middle back and sternum are filled with pain. I thought I'd throw that in, no one home to complain to. My husband flew out this morning.

:cry:
Trying to keep focused,
Oluwa

mnjodette
02-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Oluwa, sorry you're having a hard day...and alone at that. You always have our company - and we're happy to hear your complaints, as long as you're willing to hear ours! (which you always are.....bless you) Hope tomorrow dawns a better day for you.

I have an Asko washer - made in Sweden, I think (low water use - we have a not-so-productive well and tried to buy appliances that used the smallest amount of water.) It spins like a pinwheel in a tornado...crazy! But it does this really cool thing afterwards...it stops; then spins verrryyyy slowly first one way, then the other, then back, then the other. Does that about 7 times and the clothes just kind of 'relax' and can be pulled out (usually) without all the twists.

I don't think I'd recommend the Asko, though, because I think there are cheaper washers now that do the same thing.

WantItGone
02-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey Faith,

Girl, I'm so sorry you were having such a horrible day. I don't have any suggestions. . . you pretty much (and a lot other's here) give me advice. Sorry. :( I just wanted you to know that I'm saying a prayer for you and your well being. Hope you're feeling better real soon. I'm sure you've gotten some good advice from the awesome people on this site. Feel better soon sweetie!

Oluwa
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Thank you Jody,

Yep, Gerdie is acting up. And here I thought she had fled when Pylori left. I hope my tummy can wait till the 2nd of April..Yea, such a long wait, eh?

I think there is more to it than just GERD. Ulcer? I lose my voice often...last night during dinner a Sweet Japanese Pea Pod was stuck in my food tube. Not choking, it was past the splitter. I coughed slightly and up and out, a little green ball landed on my plate. I felt so burly...

Embarassed,
Oluwa

Faith
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi Oluwa,

I am sorry you are not feeling very well. I was hoping once P. ____ was gone, GERD would be gone. :cry: I hope you are feeling better.

Faith - I would love to have nice and fluffy towels though i could pass the Wizard of Oz arms. lol.

I think I will go for the Duets. . . . smaller tangles sound better. Though, my hubby was looking online at used sets and said "Hey, I like this cool orange set, take a look." My mouth dropped, I said "those are Oluwa's" and he did not get the significance of it. lol. I had to explain. So . . . are the pedestals under the stairs or dropped in the river via Boating?

If I could take your GERD, I would. I hope you feel better again. I have the rash again on my arm. Put Hydrocortisone cream on it which is helping it go done; but I have these raised (mountainous) bumps on the outside of the circles. Any ideas????

I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith :)

Faith
02-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi Jody,

Thank you for sharing your washer and dryer info. I really love the front-loads since you are not bending over constantly shifting clothes from the top loader into the front load dryer.

How are you feeling? Any better? I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Faith :?

Faith
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey Want It Gone,

Thank you for the sympathy on a horrible day. Justing listening and saying a prayer is thanks!!!

We try to give advice; just don't know if it helps others as well as it did ourselves. I remember feelling so alone in the beginning; and not very many people in our city having IT. Just think, we could all write a book in about 5 years. lol.

I posted on the other forum. I am glad you are doing so well!!! Yeah!!!!! Well, I appreciate the ear and sympathy. It's nice to share.

Take care,

Faith 8)

sick n tired
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Hey Faith,

You are up kind of late, arent you? I hope that all is well and you are not in pain and that is why you are up. It is past midnight here and I think that you are 2 or 3 am? Or am I turned around.........oh well.......I am not very clear when I am well rested.

wide eyed and bushy tail,

Karen

mnjodette
02-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks for asking, Faith. I'm still not doing so great. This has been a long stretch of 'not so great' for me. See my doc next week...no.... week after that. I'm trying to take care of me the best I can, but sometimes IT gets the better of me. Feeling whiney today...gotta' shape up - granddaughter coming for the weekend. She's my angel, and my 'best medicine.' :lilangel:

Oluwa
02-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Faith,

I am coming about. Feeling pretty jazzed in AM, putrid in the afternoon, boost of energy in the evening, to only pass out in the evening, with an evening of tossing and turning.

My woes are minor. As long as I keep my spirit afloat and accept the fact I have IT. I do alright...accepting that fact is what keeps my spirit intact..I stumble. Life is made that way, to stumble, learn, share...and stumble some more...

Jody,

How are you feeling on this Saturday? Enjoy your time with you Granddaughter...Hope the time together, "best medicine" will set IT aside...

Lay down or sit, relax, close your eyes, breathe and listen to each one, slowly in and out...let you body relax, your toes, your feet, your calves, you thighs you lower back, your upper back, you neck..now hang you head...let the pain and mental aches, move up your body flow up to your head and out....ah....now take on the day!

Keep well,
Oluwa

mnjodette
02-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks, Oluwa...watching my 'enemy' float away over my head now! Didn't sleep last night...not much anyway...so a bit tired (no...not a bit...very tired) but I think I'll get my second wind soon. Just need a little motivation. How are you doing today? Hope it's a good day for you.

J.

Oluwa
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Jody,

Is your eye improving? I left you a link that I thought just might be for you on your thread.

Getting excited as time nears for the Big Island vacation? I close my eyes and I can hear the waves.

So, funny I only live 15 miles from the ocean and rarely go there. It just seems so far away. In minutes it takes about 50. I miss just driving a mile or less and there is the ocean, the sounds of waves crashing on the beach, the bristling of the palms in the tropical breeze...

The beach here is so different....it just doesn't have that crystal, fresh, natural feeling. More like a lake feeling...to me. Probably because of all the beach rentals...and gray sand....

How many more days?

Be well,
Oluwa

Oluwa
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Faith,

Hey you, how are ya?

Raised bumps on the outside of circles..humm. Ringworm?

So, did you get the duets? The pedestals are under the stairs...Using the drawers for clean up rags, extra laundry care items and on top, the bin containers of animal food...

Gerdie seems to have taken a back seat. I've even went without Protonix for two days now. Can you believe? Last year it had me on my knees when I wasn't on it, needlessly in pain thinking it was something else.

Pylori has left oh, about 2 weeks ago, I am hoping it was that crud that cause the gut pain...it seems to have past. Did you take it away....hugs.

Thinking of you,
Oluwa

mnjodette
02-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Oluwa..

My eye is improved. Still not 'beautiful' - but it's my green eye again, not so much red. I'm sure it was nothing - just rubbed my eye in the night. Our friend IT probably makes tissues more sensitive, and that's why I got the violent red eye. I looked like a very bad photograph...

One week and counting...we leave next Friday morning. I haven't seen the link you left - I'll look now!

Living on Lake Superior is a bit like living on the ocean. It's large enough, it actually has something like 'tidal' action, and the crashing waves are very much ocean-like. And the winter and early spring storms on the lake are awesome to behold. Waves forcing walls of ice onto the shore - crashing like a natural demolition derby, building up blue-white sheets of ice as tall as a house. Brrrrrr....cold image!

The warm waters of Hawaii will be welcome!

Jody

Faith
03-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Jody,

I hope your eye is getting beter. Looked at your washer; whew beautiful units.

Starting to zzzz, better go

take care,

Faith

Faith
03-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Hey Oluwa,

Haven't purchased Duets yet; stilll looking at weighing all options. I told my hubby; at this point I don't care what they are just "buy a set." lol. I was trying to find a scratch and dent set; less money. No such luck!!

No ringworm, it is a Lupus rash with papules around the outside of it. Put Cortisone creame on and it is losing it's height. Now my scalp is really bad with Seborrea dermatitis; using special shampoo and nothing is working. Saw Dr and gave me a rx for the scalp. GRRRR!

Now i have what appears to look like 4 pimples on my chest; but they are not pimples. Eye doc rx'd Restasis and began taking it; whew it's expensive.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I haven't had the blood test for Pyori yet. It just went away for now; though haven't had the test yet. Too many other things going on. rashes, eyes, and memory issues. You know how it is.

I hope everything is going well for you and yours. Thank you for hte hugs and I am praing for you. Hugs,

Faith

sits_inthe_corner
03-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Faith

I had my first lupus rash a few weeks ago. My doctor took a biopsy of it which took the whole rash area. At first I thought it was the beginning of ring worm. But ol eagle eyes (my doctor) called it for what it was.

So far I've not had any more come up....but I do get those chest sores that you mentioned. Wow do they hurt. Feel like you've been burned. And it's just a tiny area.

My doc gave me a chortizone cream and told me not to throw the cream out :( she said I can expect this to be on going for quite awhile.

Oluwa
03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Jody,

So that would be this Friday, the 7th...oh, I am envious. One of these day I will be so up to taking a long excursion. mY husband and his family keeping saying..England, Nigeria..come...come..oh that seems so hard, so far, so long...so painful.. I am just waiting when I am well for 30 days. I struggle with IT by the day..sometimes by the minute...

I know Lake Superior..it is only about and hour and one half from Lake Michigan. Marquette...

Faith... Gerdie seems to be taking a back seat. I havn't ook any Protonix for 4 days or more..shoot I can't remember. It doesn't burn. That Pylori was the cause of a lot of grief in me. I may just cancel my gastro appointment for April 2nd...

NO more gurgling, no my hunger, or bloat, no lost voice recently....or buying the mega rolls of TP. Crazy what that thing did to my innards...Pylori, my women doc...said if 100 people came into her office today, atleast half to 70% would have Pylori. Not all are symptomatic. I didn't feel so dirty then...

I also use a steriod cream I mentioned somewhere for my hinder rash...scabs..all gone. Geez...IT is such a tormenting thing. Doe sit ever leave any body part unscathed?

I like my old washer. Top load from Whirlpool...and the fron load dry that the door opened downward..actually I think I like it better than this huge thing. It is just a whole different measuring, HE soap..thing..and the smell of the detergent..not what I like..it is okay. I do Tide...

And a big HI, Bye to everyone....Night..after Pumpkin time...

Dream sweet,
Oluwa

Faith
03-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi Oluwa,

I am glad the Gerdie is gone for you. It has been absent for a while here too. I am somewhat leery to wonder why; but won't think about it.

I now have the wonderful chest sores working up my neck. UGH!! Does IT ever take a break?? If it is not one thing; it's something else!!! Rash on arm is still dark and ugly though flat.

So, how is the Lupus under control with all the rashes, mouth sores, etc., low back pain, and fatigue? I am forgetting things; that makes me depressed and upset. I have also noticed I stress out so much easier than I used to. Has anyone else experienced this change?

Still looking at washers; there are bad reviews on all brands. Frustrating. We have narrowed it to the Duets and a used Bosch set Nexxt 700 10 mos old with a warranty until 2012. Anyone have experience with Bosch?

I am glad you are feeling better and I hope you continue to feel better each day.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Faith
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Hi Karen,

I am so sorry; I was lost in the forum and missed your response sometime ago. I was up late due to not being able to sleep; you were so right.

How are you doing? Is your family sent you on that vacation away from the family? ?? How are they doing? Have they accepted IT? I am praying that they do very soon!!

Well, it's late and my eyes are drooping and feel very heavy; screen is blurry. It must be time for sleep and eyedrops or vice versa.

zzzzzzz, talk to tomorrow. :roll:

Take care,

Faith 8)

Faith
03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Hi Sits_in_the_corner,

Thank you for the comforting words; at least I am not alone. Yes, the chest sores do hurt and I wish they would disappear. Applying cortisone cream and hoping I don't look like I have chicken pox from the chest up to neck. lol.

How are you today? I hope you are doing well and your remodel is almost done.

Take care,

Faith

Faith
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Hey Ladies,

I found a scratch and dent washer and dryer at Best Buy and they are going to be delivered this next Wednesday. They had one minor paint chip on the door of each one and marked down $400.00. They are the Whirlpool Duets with 15" pedestals; it will be a relief to not bend over!!! Now I am just praying they will fit in my laundry room.

Low back and leg pain all day; couldn't stand and didn't sleep well last night due to night leg pain. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Oluwa
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Faith,

How did your last post get lost in the shuffle...

Week plus later, how are the legs and back? Easying up...finding relief now from doing laundry in those Duets? Had them for a week, eh? Did they fit?

I haven't had chest sores? Are they like an undergrounder pimple. The kind that takes days to come to a head, then pop like a rice pearl? Like that?

My hinder scabs, sores, butt rash whatever the heck they were left like small dark pigment circles. Scars??? Looks like tiny coffee cup table ring stains..oh, about the size of a pencil's eraser. Maybe I ought to try coco butter...ya think.

I get a belly rash just above my navel. When gone my skin is dry there..not flakey like a pie crust. I'd say dusty...

My GERD is back to being kind to me...it had to be the Pylori. What is weird I would swear a million times I made an appointment with a gastro on April 2, but I made it with a Rheumatologist at the Medical University here..something weird is going on. I would swear, she said I needed a referral for the Rheuma...and not for the Gastro. I am all confused...who am I.

Days like those make me feel even weirder...paranoid...

Today is Spring Eve.... Spring is on it way..BOING

Plans for Easter? Us two...Dyeing eggs Saturday, hide my husband's Easter basket Saturday night...Sunday, basket hunt..plop a ham accessorized with pineapple and cherries in the oven...black pepper rutabagas steaming on top. Maybe a game of Yatzhee..later a ham and brown mustard sandwich on a sourdough bun as a midnight snack.

I hope I might find a Hersheys Plain in my basket....toe curl...

Happy Wednesday...Hump Day..
Oluwa

Faith
03-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Oluwa,

Legs and back are doing better. Some days better than others; thank you for asking. I love the Duets and they did fit; with 1/8" to close the door. Totally love them; and no more bending. Very quiet, my old set sounded like an airplane taking off. lol.

Chest sores, kind of like a pimple but they won't come to a head. No popping at all though I really want to. The ones on my chest scarred. Saw the rhuemy yesterday and GP today. GP said he thinks it a staph infection and RX'd Bactrim (sulfur). It really makes me sleepy. zzzzzz I am fighting to stay awake typing htis.

I am sorry to hear about your butt rash. I would definately try coco butter. I have never had the belly rash; wow!!

My GERD is back to being nice too. Never had the Pylori test though. We all get confused; it's not hard at all. Easy!!

I love the beautiful Spring days. Sounds like fun and your hubby will be home. Bought some seeds and my kiddos planted radishes and cucumbers. Trying to each more veggies; better for us.

We are playing Easter by ear. My kiddos want to go to the desert (1.5 hours away) but not sure with the cost of Diesel. It's $4.05 per gallon. whew. We may go since they have been looking forward to it for the last couple of weeks. We will see tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful easter!!

Take care,

Faith

sick n tired
03-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey Faith,

How is the staph infection. I hear that can be very hard to get rid of. I hope the doc has been right on top of it.

Hope Gerdie is still asleep and not giving you problems. Mine tries not to sleep...I end up with problems both ways when it is really bad. I think it could be some of the meds that I take.

Hope all is well,

Karen

Oluwa
03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Faith,

Did you go to the desert after all...I know gas prices are crazy. I rarely drive now because I am ill, no one to visit...and I am all shopped out. I only travel oh, about 50 - 100 miles a month. Last year I put almost 2000 miles on for the whole year. 1400 of it was for travel to Florida to see my Dad... I am becoming a recluse.

Just to the grocer, the doctors or the park...are my usual travels.

I tossed some Dahlias into the the ground with a few hostas...so many bare beds still. Since this weekend for palm trees was a bust for me...we will give it another go this coming one.

Is the prescription working for your skin...?

It is just a blood test for the pylori...It change my digestion drastically in 2 weeks and just think I ate Protonix for almost two years...

Keep well,
Hugs.
Oluwa

Faith
03-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey Karen,

Thank you for asking about it. The staph infection is almost gone with the help of Bactrim. I have had to hibernate and avoid all sun and flourescent lighting while taking the med since it makes us more photosensitive. lol.

Gerdie visited today after eating chilli; ugh!! Never again am I eating chilli; it was not as pleasant afterward. lol. I hope you are able to get some sleep soon. Someone told me that elevating the head of your bed helps tremendously.

Hope all is well with you too. How is the energy?

Take care,

Faith :lol:

Faith
03-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi Oluwa,

Thank you for asking about the desert. Nope, doctor said no sun/flourescent lights period while taking Bactrim (sulfur) because it makes us more photosensative. I don't want anymore new rashes, etc. lol. The rx is working.

I am sorry to hear you rarely drive. If CA was closer to North Carolina I would drive to chat with you. I am shopped out too; visited Wal-mart tonight (Friday) and it was insane. I wanted to run as fast as I could to have some peace and quiet. lol I didn't used to be like that. I usually drive my kids to school, go to work and return with dr's appointments in between. Somehow I missed an appt this last week; grrrr. Where do you usually go to take your beautiful pix? The park? I love taking pix also. My kiddos planted vegetable seeds. Time will tell. Dahlias are beautiful!!!

I might ask doc about the pylori test next week when I follow up for the Staph infection. Though, do I really want to know?? This may mean another 2 week visit instead of a 6 week visit. lol. I asked my doc when he was going to start giving frequent flyer miles. lol.

Do you use Restasis? Have you found anything else that seems to help? Just curious since I was recently told I have Sjogren's. I hope all is well and thank you for your kind words.

Take care,

sick n tired
03-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi Faith,

Chili???? I'll bet you were hurting after that. I think if I even think of chili I will have a visit from Gerdie. :)

I have a great list of foods that I like, but am hardly ever able to keep down and chili and pizza are at the top of the list. If I get sick from those, it may be days before I have recovered.

I also have not had the h pylori test. I think that I will ask the doc about it. I think that I am getting an ulcer. The pain has become localized.

Glad to hear that the staph infection is better. It is a bear to get rid of so make sure you are rid of it. I believe the test is a swab of the nose as that is its residence....ewww...My brother had that for months last year.

Bactrim makes you sun sensitive...hmmm....as you need something else that makes you feel like that.

Faith
03-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi Karen,

You are up early! Couldn't sleep?

Yeah, I love beans and chili was one of my favorites. I hate that I can't enjoy it without getting ill. I told my husband to shoot me next time I order chilli and put me out of my misery. lol. there are times I can eat something with no problem; eat the same thing the next day or week, and Gerdie comes to visit. Ugh.

I am praying you are not positive to the h pylori. Like you need something else to deal with; your're juggling a lot right now.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Faith

sick n tired
03-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Hi Faith,

At the moment, I can't sleep. My daughter, Nadia, shared something tonight that has concerned me. She seems to be\ halucinating. At night and becoming terrified. She is still on codone from her surgery. Mild dose and only 4 times a day. Also, her cough is back and she is getting short of breath again. The docs still don't know what is wrong with her and I confess tonight or rather morning(2 am) I am parylized with fear.

I also have the problem that you are describing. I can eat something and not get sick and the next week it makes me very ill. Not sure what causes that. :?

Hope all is well with you,

Karen

Faith
04-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi Karen,

How is Nadia? I hope she is doing better. I have heard of hallucinations while on Codone. Have you asked the doc if this is normal? I would get him/her on the phone asap.

I am doing okay. Came down with stomach flu Monday; ugh!! Now, it's a lupus flare along with the fibro acting up (back, legs, hips). My jaws hurt like there is no tomorrow though I have heard this is part of Fibro.

I am going to get in the hot tub as soon as the sun is down. I really wish there was a cure for IT (as Oluwa states). I hope everything is going well with you. Keep me updated on Nadia. Don't forget to take care of yourself; if you don't you can't take care of Nadia.

Praying for you,

Faith

scubagramplit
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Faith;
Hang in there and stay with the prayer, I am sertain you are getting many more from your friends here! I feel for you and pray for relief for you and all out there suffering!

sick n tired
04-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey faith,

Sooooooooo sorry to hear that your symptoms are flaring up. Mine are too. All that stress with Nadia and the not knowing has thrown me into one.
My back, chest, right arm are really hurting...tonight I am getting concerned with the chest pain.. I have been battling some real pain in my right shoulder and now my chest... I really hope that my heart is not affected. I am not sweating...I heard that you do that with an attack.

As far as Nadia, she is no longer having those bad nights. She is not taking the meds past 9 pm and is able to get through the night without them. She can't get through the day, however.
We still do not know...We are in the process getting her samples sent to another set of pathologists not in the same hospital group. Hopefully we will have a diagnosis in a timely fashion.
She is deathly thin. It really scares me to see. I am trying to fatten her up.

Well I think that I will put a heating pad on my chest and see if it stops( the pain I mean)

In Him,

Karen

BTW I left something about tmj on another post of yours.

Faith
04-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi Scubagrampit,

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement and understanding. I really needed that. How are you feeling today?

Klamath Falls, Oregon, is completely beautiful. You are in God's country!!! My grandparents would camp there every year until they were unable to make the drive any longer. I am definately envious of you; the clear beautiful blue skies and redwood trees. They stayed on the California side.

Thank you again for the kind words of comfort.

Take care,

Faith 8)

Faith
04-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey Karen,

Please don't feel sorry for me and my symptoms. Goodness, I am not having chest pains. It sounds like the stress is having it's way with you. Not good. Is the pain on the right or left? Have you had pericarditis? Fluid surrounding the heart? Karen, you need to get in and have it checked out. Really. You can't take care of Nadia if you are ill too. It would be a good opportunity to ask about the Phentermine and Dexedrine also.

I am glad to hear Nadia is not having bad nights, and that both of you can get some sleep. I honestly don't know how you do it . . . sheer will?! I am sorry to hear she is not making it through the day. I am praying that you will get results soon and treatment will begin asap.

In praying for you and Nadia,

Faith 8)

PS - thank you for the post on tmj. I will check it out. God Bless!!

Faith
04-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey Karen,

It's late and I forgot to share something I read in Sjogren's book by Wallace. H. Pyori is somewhat typical of patients with Sjogrens, and can cause infections in other areas of the body.

I am somewhat considering that test on my next visit in a couple of months.

Take care,

Faith 8)

mnjodette
04-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Faith, how are you doing? Has 'ol Gerdie left you alone (now that you've decided to leave chili alone!) One of my favorites - mostly I can eat it without a problem - but sometimes I pay a dear price. I feel your pain!! Is the staph infection gone? Hope so - I know that's not an easy one to shed. Karen is right...be SURE it's gone. It hides in dark corners, I think.

Karen, how are you doing? How is Nadia? Sorry to read about the hallucinations. Strong pain meds can do that, and I would imagine she would be particularly vulnerable at night when her defenses are down. I pray to open one of your posts and read that the docs have figured it all out and have a great course of action for her! But, apparently not yet....that's got to be frustrating.

I've had a lot of chest pain, Karen, from pericarditis and pleurisy - one of my main lupus symptoms. But my doc keeps telling me not to assume that's the problem if the pain gets bad. Chest pains are always trying to tell us something. You've been under a LOT of stress - your pain might be related to that, or a number of other more serious things. DO take care of yourself Karen. Get to the doctor (or hospital?) if the pain doesn't abate. I'll be thinking of you and your family...

Jody

Faith
04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi Jody,

How are you doing? Hawaii sounded beautiful!!

Gerdie has left since the chilli. Thank you for asking. Staph infection is gone. Today is beautiful and sunny; couldn't ask for a nicer day. I hope everything is going well for you.

Take care,

Faith

Pretti in Pink
04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Faith,

Glad to hear the staph infection is gone, how's the stomach flu? It must be going around because some people around here have been passing it around and I'm in Texas.

sick n tired
04-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi Faith,

I have been off for the last couple of days. The pain was unbearable last night. It is easing up some in my chest,though. I am going to call the doc hopefully today.

Thanks for thinking of me....I will ask about the h pylori test... that is really interesting news.

Well I think I need to get to bed...I will try to talk tomorrow. (or is it today, its almost 2am here)

In Him,

Karen

sick n tired
04-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Jody,

I have been on two different forums and read what you have written to me. Thank you for remembering Nadia. No we do not have a diagnosis and the problem that I see is it is being put on the docs back burner of the brain.

Nadia has an appointment with the surgeon(a follow up) on Tuesday. My hubby is insisting that they send her samples to another pathology team. what has them upset, is that we do not want the team to be in this same hospital chain, but another one, I want Mayo but it may be given to Southwestern Medical. If someone can tell me something then I don't care where it goes.

I am going to call the rheumy today to get in. The pain is getting worse. I can't sleep. My chest is not hurting as much, though.

Have a great day,

Karen

Saysusie
04-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Sick-n-Tired

I am sorry that you are still in this merry-go-round with Nadia's doctors. I think that you and your husband are doing the right thing by insisting that an entirely different team look at her case so that you can get some answers. Your family and your precious daughter are always on my mind and in my prayers.
I worry about your pain and symptoms also and I know that you are doing the best that you can at taking care of yourself. Just know that we are here for you and we are hoping that you and Nadia find some answers, some relief and some comfort!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi Saysusie,

Thank you for your caring words...We are going, today to see the doc(pulmologist) he seems to be a great doctor as well as humble. Hmmm...Humility and doctors rarely seem to go together...I think that he should be stuffed and placed on the wall for this is a rare breed, indeed.

How are you feeling...I have read your posts about your fibro. I am unable to tell if my pain is from that or lupus all I know is it is awful at times. I hope that your pool helped with the burning.

Blessings,

Karen

Faith
04-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Karen,

I didn't check in yesterday and noticed your not feeling any better. Did you get into the doctor? You need to take care of you too!! I think you are doing the right thing with Nadia's tests.

I am really worried about you. Please check in and tell us you saw the doctor. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Faith

Faith
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Pretti In Pink,

Thank you for asking about the stomache (sp?) flu. It's all better now, though it started a Fibro/Lupus flare.

How are you doing today? I hope you are well and free of pain.

Take care,

Faith

sick n tired
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi Faith,

My pain is better, today. My right side has been really hurting me, though. Not sure why....

Thanks for checking up and caring....how are you feeling? I read that you are in a flare, too....wouldn't it be great if we could be one of those people who go into a really long remission?

Yeah right.......... and it would also be great to find a million dollars... :)

Take care,

Karen

Saysusie
04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Sick-n-tired;
Please let us know how this appointment goes with the humble and caring doctor (and yes, those are two adjectives that we rarely see together :lol: )
The pool yesterday was wonderful. I stayed in the water for 2 hours and I slept very well last night. Unfortunately, the weather changed today and it was frigid all day...so no pool :(
This current flare has been going on for a little more than 3 months now. I'm just getting "sick-n-tired" of the pain..that's all! Thank you for caring and for asking!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey Saysusie,

We went to the pulmologist and what the whole team of doctors say is that we need to be on a watch and see mode. They want to do another catscan in 4 weeks. They are hoping is it is shrinking. If not or if it is growing, then they want to send her to the mayo clinic.....sigh...

I am sorry that you are still in a flare....it is the pits...i know...I really don't care anymore what is causing the pain, just want it to stop...

Blessings,

Karen

PS...When is your new c.d. coming out?

Saysusie
04-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey Sick-n-tired;
Oh how I hate to hear "Let's Just Wait and See" from doctors. I mean, on one hand (logically and clinically) I understand their reasoning. But, on the other hand (emotionally), it makes me want to scream. So, we will pray that, in four weeks, the CT scan will show that it has, indeed, begun to shrink! Let's concentrate on that for the next four weeks and if, at that time, it has not turned our way...we will deal with the next step then. For now, let's be hopeful!!
I am, as we speak, working on my new CD. This one will be smooth jazz, ballads and more. Haven't been able to get to the studio much..IT! But, that's ok, I'm just taking my time. But, I will keep everyone posted on my progress :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey Saysuzie,

Yes, I have decided to be hopeful for Nadia. A good friend mentioned to me that perhaps we should look at it differently. She suggested that perhaps it was a miracle.....A miracle is defined as something unexplainable...All of the docs on her case, 10 I think, are hard pressed to explain why it is not lymphoma. So if it was indeed a miracle, then we can hopefully and prayerfully expect that it will shrink...I plan on claiming that.

I loved your last cd and can't wait to hear your next. You have such a smooth voice, it is so soothing.

Hope that you are less pained, today,

Karen

Faith
04-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi Saysusie,

I missed the thread somewhere about the cd. Where can it be purchased and what is the title?

I hope you are feeling better today.

Faith

Faith
04-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi Karen,

I am sorry you are in such pain. You said the pain is on the right side? Could it be costchrondritis? Does your sternum hurt to touch between your chest?

I would love to not find the million dollars and be FMS free. It really kicks some booty.

I am praying for you and Nadia. Hang in there. Hugs.

sick n tired
04-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, Faith....I sent you a pm...

I do think that I have costchrondritis. The pain in my arm is better, though. Not the elbow, but in the shoulder...

Talk to you later,

Karen

Faith
04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Karen,

If it is costchrondritis, dr told me to take liquid filled Advil, long warm baths, and use the heating pad. It took about a week for it to go down.

I hope you are feeling better.

Saysusie
04-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Faith;
My CD can be purchased at "SongPeddler" or Amazon.com. Songpeddler is the site that has sponsored me, so if you can purchase it from them, that would be great. Proceeds from the CD go to the Lupus Foundation of America! www.songpeddler.com

Thank So Much
Saysusie

sick n tired
04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks Faith....I will try the liquid advil I have already been doing the warm baths....There are some days that it looks like I am turning to a prune because of how many times that I fill the bath. :)

Hope today is going great for you,

Karen

Oluwa
05-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Karen, Faith..I thought I would put a post here hoping you would get an email saying someone replied.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance017.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)Whoa we're back....missing you two...

sick n tired
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey Oluwa,

I did get the email....hey how are you? I have been worried about you. I had susique's email and we have been conversing but I was thinking about you.
I am on a trip picking up my son in Virginia. At the moment we have taken a side trip to gatlinburg. Might go to Dollywood tomorrow. I am real tired. Anthony can't drive the car that I brought because it is a rent car... I am tired, but very happy to hear from you.

In Him,

Karen :D

sits_inthe_corner
05-10-2008, 12:54 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_11.gifhttp://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fimgfarm%252Ecom%252Fimages%252F nocache%252Ftr%252Ffw%252Fsmiley%252Fsocial%252Egi f%253Fi%253D36%252F36_11_11/image.gif (http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253F partner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxuk101YYCA%2526i%253D36 %252F36%255F11%255F11%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html)

Good morning all N HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssss Karen woohoo you made it back!

Oluwa I need more practice to get those graphics to work! heehee

mnjodette
05-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Hellloooo, Karen! Glad you're traveling safe. Don't get TOO tired, now....we'll be anxious to hear when you arrive home. Is your son home for the summer, then? That's always nice....well, mostly nice....except for the laundry...and the noise....and the extra food....! :lol:

Jody

sick n tired
05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey Jody,

Great to hear from you, too.

I am home now...13 hours drive today and I am beat. Hubby couldn't get enough of scolding me for coming home and not staying in Texarcana. It is 4 hours from home and I just wanted to come home. I wasn't feeling all that great and could see me getting really sick away from home. My legs are soooooo swollen. I hope they are better tomorrow. Nadia has a ct scan and I want to go with her. That was another reason for getting home, too.

Yes my son is home for the summer...You are right...more laundry and need more food/ :D

Have a great day,

Karen