PDA

View Full Version : Finally a dx

Darlene B
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi, I have been tested for Lupus in the past.Finally, this summer my joints in my legs and hips started to ache.Apparently, I was getting red rash over my chheks and nose.My general physician sent me to a Rheumatologist.He started me on Plaquenil.The stiffness in the morning has gotten better and so has the fatique.Ugh, the fatique!My right hip still bothers me.
My Gynecologist has said that this explains the Preeclamsia and Eclampsia that I had with my only child.Thanks for telling me now,doc!I also had PEs 2 1/2 yrs ago.The doctors could not find the cause of these either.
My energy is not back to what it was.Will I ever get it back.I am used to multitasking.My other concern is my short term memory problems and not always being able to figure things out in my mind that I used to be able to w/o a problem.The Rheumatologist says it is from the fatique.I have a young child to keep up with.
Darlene B

Saysusie
02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
There is no way of knowing if you will get your energy back :( For most of us, the fatigue is chronic and can sometimes be debilitating. We have had to make some lifestyle changes in order to help us manage our fatigue because we realize that it is going to be a way of life for us as a common symptom of this chronic (lifelong) disease.
The memory problems (affectionately known as "Brain Fog"), are another aspect of Lupus that many of us have had to come to terms with. Again, we've had to make accommodations in order to help us with our memory (jotting notes, keeping a calendar, setting up reminders, keeping pencil and paper always handy, etc.).
These issues may resolve, and then again, they may not. You should think about making changes to help you to live with them and to make your life as normal as possible. There are many posts here where members have discussed and given advice on both issues. Read those to see if some of them can help you.

I wish you the best
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

jesseyleigh
02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
i did find a couple of things that help with the mind fog. The first is a medication called provigal it actually wakes the brain up but of course is rarely covered under insurance. The other is a product line called Zip fizz its extremly high in Vitamin b12. Those two things help with the fog and sometimes the energy they dont make it go away but they certainly help