PDA

View Full Version : Another pleurisy question

Pearl
02-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi everyone - I also have a question about pleurisy. In the last week, I've had this annoying pain that goes from my spine straight through to the center of my chest. I notice this pain primarily when I try to turn from side to side. If I am sitting still, it feels like I have a weight tied to the center of my chest and around the top of my rib cage. It doesn't particularly hurt when I breathe; however, I am so used to being sore or to hurting somewhere most of the time that I just do my best to ignore it. I figure this is all part of the deal. Does this "latest fun experience" (as I like to call these new and exciting pains in places I did not know I could feel pain before :lol: ) sound like pleurisy to any of you?

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks everyone. I hope today finds you feeling well.

Jana

mnjodette
02-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi, Jana. There seem to be so many chest-area pains with lupus, it's hard to know. It's an area that can have inflammation in a variety of places (lucky us!) I've experienced chest pain darn near constantly for the last 18 months - to one degree or another. Pericarditis and pleurisy were diagnosed, but they didn't feel exactly the same way twice. Sorry - that's not a lot of help. If it continues, you may need to talk to your doctor. I've read that most people with lupus will experience chest pain related to inflammation at some point during their disease, so most doctors who treat people with lupus will have a pretty good idea what's going on. Hope you find some answers!

Jody

Pearl
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Jody -

Thanks very much for your reply. I see my rheumy on Tuesday, so I will talk with her then. Sometimes, I hate to even bring up these things! At some point, even I start thinking this is all in my head! I know it's not, but....

Thanks again. I appreciate everyone here for their kindness.

kimb
02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Jana-
Have you heard of Costochondritis? You can find info on it on the web.
I have had lots of chest pains over the last few years. Pericarditis was one lovely thing I got. I also have, not really chest pains, right now, but more like a kink in my back between my shoulder blades. Some times it does travel to my inner chest and left shoulder/neck. Im not sure what it really is. It would be good to make a list of questions for your dr. Does it hurt to breath deep? Good luck!
Kim

Pearl
02-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Hi Kim -

Thanks for your reply. I just read about costochondritis a couple of days ago. That could be it. It doesn't hurt to breathe. I will ask my doc about this. Your kindness is truly appreciated. Jana