PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia

WantItGone
02-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey guys,

I've got another question. After going for months and months without getting sick (which I personally attribute to all the supplements I take in addition to plaquenil), I've finally come down with a horrible cough. My chest hurts when I cough and when I'm not coughing. I don't have a fever (98.9) and no vomitting. I'm not coughing up any abnormal phelgm. My husband is pestering me about going to emergency to rule out pneumonia but I don't think that's necessary. I was raised in a family that only goes to the hospital when something persists more than the average amount of time. My husband thinks this doesn't apply because I have an autoimmune disease. I really don't feel like going all the way to emergency just for them to tell me I have a cold. Something I already know I have. What do you guys think? Would you wait a few days to see if the cough goes away or go to emergency? Thanks for all of your advice!!

cheryl_v
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I personally would wait. I come from a family that believes in letting things run their course, only go when its been to long. Your hubby has a point too though, auto-immune disease is different. If it was me I would get a really good cough med, have my tsp of honey 3x daily (the enzimes fight the cold), and call my primary doc and ask his advice. Hope you feel better soon. :D

WantItGone
02-04-2008, 07:35 AM
I personally would wait. I come from a family that believes in letting things run their course, only go when its been to long. Your hubby has a point too though, auto-immune disease is different. If it was me I would get a really good cough med, have my tsp of honey 3x daily (the enzimes fight the cold), and call my primary doc and ask his advice. Hope you feel better soon. :D

Thanks for replying Cheryl. I actually ended up going to emergency yesterday. I was pretty much forced. Thank God I have my husband to make me go. :oops: I have a sinus infection and fluid in my ears. The doctor said I have an upper respiratory infection (cold) that basically turned into a sinus infection. So, it's a good thing that I went. I was prescribed an antibiotic. I'm really happy he made me go because I've had many sinus infections and know it wouldn't have gone away without the antibiotic. So, if I had gone this friday (like I originally intended) I would've gone all week feeling and bad and had no treatment until Friday. So, all is good. Guess I'll listen to my husband next time. :)