PDA

View Full Version : hair loss

ConcernedFather
02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Aside from a very red face at times, my daughter's most apparent sign/symptom to others is the hair loss. She has lost a great deal of hair from her entire head, but the top is by far the thinnest. Still, if she combs her hair just right, and stays out of the wind or bright sunlight, it's not obvious.

Q: Does the hair grow back on its own? If so, how long does it take?

And if it grows back, will another flare in the future make it fall out again?

jesseyleigh
02-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Mine grew back and when it falls out again it tends to be the longer hairs. I did find however Nick Shavez on QVC slowed down the falling out :) its terrible as a girl to lose the crowning glory. I also started wearing hair pieces like pony tails and things of that nature so no one could tell how much i had lost. I hope this helps :)

Faith
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Hi Concerned Father & Jesseyleigh,

Taking Biotin 3000 mg per day helps. The best thing is a shampoo and scalp treatment named Nioxin for thin hair. I have noticed it's getting better; not losing so much hair.

I hope this helps out.

Take care,

Faith 8)

cheryl_v
02-03-2008, 06:19 PM
I take flaxseed oil caplets recommended by my doc's nurse. She said it helps cut down on hair loss, helps grow back faster and is very good for the heart too (lowers blood pressure as well). Mine has slowed down and doesn't fall out so much at a time, and its only been about a month since first started taking it. Hope this helps. :rainbowafro:

Oluwa
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
My meeting with hair loss...

My hair fell out too, not gobs. Thinning all over. Lupus. When it started to grow again..oh, a 1/2 inch or less, sticking straight up I looked like I had a halo...a glow on my crown when standing in front of light.

It grew back and as it did I had 4 inches whack off twice because it was looking shaggy and thin, flyaway. I had long hair, mid back past the undergarment snap now it is just past my shoulders. And all hair follicles seemed to have sprout again. My hair is back to normal. One year later.

That was my only time my hair thinned and I was in a doosy of a flare, five months.

As of late, flares don't last as long but they have come more frequent picking up other symptoms.

I am sure it will grow back, unless she has scarring lesions and I can't promise it won't fall out again. I hope it doesn't.

Hoping your daughter finds her wellness,
Oluwa