PDA

View Full Version : HELP-Not sure if I have Lupus!

taryn
07-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Hello everyone! I'm not sure if I have Lupus or not. About 3 wks ago I had Uveitis and was told by my eye doc that if I have had it before that I could have Lupus. I haven't been able to check with all the eye docs that I've been to but the medicine I had to get rid of the Uveitis sounded familiar. As of now I haven't found any record of having it before. My current eye doc asked if I had any lower back pain or joint pain. I have had pain in both hips since my first pregnancy at 18. The docs could never find anything on xrays and pain meds like Naproxen didn't really work. I'm also very forgetful, my hair is thinning, I'm tired all the time, and 2 days after I had the Uveitis I came down with a fever for no apparent reason. I have looked at a few web sites about Lupus and some of those things are listed as possible symptoms. I was wondering if anyone else had these similar symptoms and if they thought I should get tested. I'm also currently on two anti-depressants so my "symptoms "could just be due to depression. I look forward to hearing from someone. :(

Missy
07-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi, Taryn! The best way to try to sort out your symptoms to see if you have Lupus is by seeing a Rheumatologist. A lot of diseases/conditions have overlapping symptoms and so, generally, a lot of lab work is in order to get a good idea of what is going on. For example, I have Lupus Nephritis (kidney problems) and no joint pain, uveitis, etc. Perhaps your family doc can refer you to a Rheumatologist is your area.

I wish you the best of luck.

Missy