PDA

View Full Version : LUPUS scholarships?

livingINmyDayDreams
01-27-2008, 06:25 PM
My mom told me to ask if anyone knows anything about LUPUS scholarships. I'm 15 right now and next year I'll be a Junior in high school so we're trying to find scholarships. If anyone knows anything that can help, please get in touch with me. Please and Thank you.

-livingINmyDAYDREAMS :)

Saysusie
01-28-2008, 09:25 AM
There was a Lupus Scholarship that I found for a member last year, it was called the L.I.F.E. Scholarship. Google it to see if it is still active. I also think that the Lupus Foundation of America might have information about it. If not, let me know and I will do some research for you.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

livingINmyDayDreams
01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks I'll check it out and let you know :D

livingINmyDayDreams
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
I just looked it up...and if its the same one then I have to live in illinois, which I don't...so I can't apply. Thanks any way.

Saysusie
01-29-2008, 09:58 AM
The L.I.F.E. scholarship does not have geographic boundaries for eligiblity. Here is their information:

Background

The L.I.F.E. Scholarship will be awarded to one or more students in the month of August and/or January every year. Award recipients will receive a minimum award of $500.00 made payable to the educational institution at which they are enrolled for tuition, fees, and other educational-related expenses.

Notification will be given to the winner(s) only.

Eligibility

Each applicant must be diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and be working towards a degree with a minimum of six credits per semester at an accredited United States college or university. The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in at least one extracurricular activity (e.g., performance group, athletics, clubs/organizations, community service, employment, etc.).

Application Procedure

Candidates MUST submit:
Completed application form.
Letter from a physician verifying a diagnosis of SLE.
Copy of a transcript or grade report of the last semester attended.
One letter of recommendation from a teacher, faculty member, mentor, coach, club/organization advisor, or employer (excluding family members).
An essay of 500 words or fewer, typewritten and double-spaced on "How Lupus Has Affected My Life."

The application and accompanying documents should be mailed to the following address:

Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence
L.I.F.E. Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 64088
Tucson, AZ 85728-4088

The Foundation will not accept faxed or emailed applications or those postmarked after the deadline.

Application Deadline

The application and all accompanying documents must be postmarked by July 1st for the August award and December 16th for the January award.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

livingINmyDayDreams
01-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I wonder what the one I found was then? Whatever...but thanks! :D

Oluwa
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Livinginmy daydreams,

Isn't Saysusie great...

Thank you for all you do and all your cares, Saysusie...
Oluwa

livingINmyDayDreams
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes she is awesomly great. :D Thanks again and again and again and again and again and again. hee hee