PDA

View Full Version : New member

livingINmyDayDreams
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi, my name is Julie, I'm 15 and I have lupus. I got on this site because I want to met other teens with lupus. I think it would be cool to talk to others with lupus, especailly people around my own age. I'm not very good at spelling and thats all I have to say. :P

Faith
01-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Welcome Julie,

It is helpful to talk with others who are or have been through what you are going through. I would suggest you check out the "Teens Forum." Any time you want to talk with someone older, we are here and you are not alone.

Don't worry about spelling; we all make errors. More especially when the Lupus fog rolls in.

Take care,

Faith

livingINmyDayDreams
01-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks, and I have gone to the teen fourm, thats where I went first. hee hee. Yeah...my spelling can get pretty bad. :lol:

Faith
01-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Julie,

I like that blog name, some of us our on the Island of Denial; dreams they help heal and give our bodies some rest. Do you have DLE and SLE? Are you sun sensative? I am and I often joke around and call my house the batwoman cave (the windows are uv tinted) as is my batwomanmobile. I have the cool GPS and satelite radio; I seem to get lost easily when out of town.

I hope you were able to meet some of the new teens??? Sometimes it helps to know you are not the only one experiencing the journey of symptoms.

Where are you from? I take it your in junior high school?? Maybe 8th grade? I hope I am not too far off. What is your favorite pasttime? I love photography and reading.

It is very cool to talk with others; and I am glad you joined our forum. Spelling is difficult at best, the mind flys and the fingers are typing and oops, before you know it, it's typed wrong. It's the content and what you are chatting about that is important. Not too worry. Have fun and enjoy.

Take care,

Faith 8)

livingINmyDayDreams
01-26-2008, 04:32 PM
I have SlE and yes I am sun sensative. I like the story about batwoman :lol: Yeah my parents have GPS and salelite radio too. I am directionaly challenged too, I don't drive yet, so its not a big deal yet. I didn't really meet any teens yet, I read their posts but none have said anything yet. I live in Pennsylvania and I'm in High school, 10th grade. My birthday is August 11, 1992 so I'll be getting my permit soon, scary thought or at least my parents say it is. :lol: I love to read and write, I'm acutally a member on another site with this same screen name where I post some of my stories. I also love to sing, singing and music are a big part of my life. I like photography too, I wanted to take that class next year, but I can't unless I take a drawling class first and I don't like drawing :roll: Thanks for talking to me...I love talking to people :D

Faith
01-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey Julie,

Have you checked out the coolibar website? They have uv clothing or another solution is to wear nylon or polyester; ugh!!! I am glad you enjohyed the batwoman story; it's sooo true. It's beter to laugh about something than to cry. 8)

You should post on the teens forum and introduce yourself. Don't be shy now. I am so sorry I was so wrong on the grade. Mmm, 10th grade was hard; I don't think I would want to revisit except for when I taught the photography class. Darn, I wish you could take it; it's really cool. I loved black and white and it expresses so much.

Your birthday is one day off from my hubby's; I can't forget that day. As parents, it is scarry in that we want our children to be independent but we remember rocking them, changing diapers and sometimes we aren't ready to let go. Give them time; it will work out. I love to sing too; especially to Christian music like Audio Adrenalin. What is your fav music?

Check out coolibar and let me know what you think. Also, when you start driving; ask the doctor for a note in order to get your windows uv tinted. I put the note in my glove compartment in case I should get pulled over.

It's been nice talking with you.

Take care,

Faith :lol:

livingINmyDayDreams
01-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I have never even heard of that website before, but I'll be sure to check it out. I have introduced myself on the teen form but I don't think any of them have checked it. I love this year...Its great, I have lots of friends...I'm currently helping one with a problem. My favorite band is Jump5, sadly they just relised their final CD, but they are still my favorites. They are a christain band. I also like superchick, they are a christain band too. I listen to 60's and 70's like the beatles adn beach boys and others. I like pop music and musicals. I love wicked. I so want to see it, my parents might take me for my sweet sixteen but they doubt it because it cost so much. 8) I love these smilys!

Faith
01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey Julie,

My son and daughter, much younger, love Jump5 and Switchfoot. I need to purchase Jump5s last released album. I have heard Superchick, but don't recall one of their songs. Do you belong to a church high school group? At what age were you diagnosed with Lupus? You are so brave and soo young.

I am glad you are having a great year and have lots of friends. I hope they are very supportive of you as I am sure they are for you. It sounds like you are a true friend helping out one with a problem. :D It sounds like you are very blessed with family and friends.

I listen to everything from classical to 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s, pop, country. I like Sam Cook as my Dad would listen to him when I was very young growing up. His music is always happy. I like Chris Tomlin and Ginny Owens (she sang at our church) it was truly awesome!! She is blind and I would have never figured it out if she had not explained how she overcame obstacles in her life. What an amazing young women!!

For our first anniversary my mother-in-law took us to see Phantom of the Opera. My first musical and Robert Guillon (he had his own show "Benson") was the Phantom. It was fabulous and awesome!!!! 8) 8) Happy memories to share forever. I hope you have a wonderful week and take care.

Faith 8)

alanah_hope
01-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey Julie, My name is Alanah and im 17. I'm a senior in high school and my mom has lupus, and i havent been diagnosed yet, but my primary physician thinks its likely that i have it too. Do you have msn or aim? i'm online pretty often, and if you ever want to talk to someone around your age i'm here. :D

livingINmyDayDreams
01-28-2008, 04:10 AM
I have AIM and i'm on all the time. The only question is are we in the same time zone, lol. :lol:

livingINmyDayDreams
01-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Sorry, I didn't notice there were two replies. I love music, I'll listen to anything. Yeah my friends are supportive but sometimes I don't think they feel like listening. Thats why I'm glad I found this site because there is always some of who is willing to listen. :) I'm not in my high school's church group but at my church i'm in the high school group. If thats what your asking. Yeah I would type more but I have to go to school.

livingINmyDayDreams
01-28-2008, 01:16 PM
OK I just realized that I missed a question...Its my third post in a row, lol. Anyhow I was diagnosed when I was 13 back in 8th grade. It was around the holidays so some of the time I missed was actually some time that we had off. I was away from school for about 2 months and then when I started to come back I only came back for half days, that way I could come home and sleep because I was tired. I was diagnosed some time in November and went back to school right after Christmas/New years break. So like January 2 I came back to school.