PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps TMI....but....

luvwine2007
01-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, I guess this is as good as any place to ask. Do any of you have chronic yeast infections, and if so, how do you deal and is it lupus related?? I think these infections have made my life more miserable than the joint pain and fatigue. I can't seem to find a dr who will search for the cause...only gives me meds to get rid of it for now. I'm seeing a new ob/gyn dr on Monday and I'm praying she will be able to help, but at this point I am not hopeful. I'm just afraid to get my hopes up.

Thanks....

sick n tired
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I have yeast problems also. You might want to read the book, The Yeast Connection, by William G Crook. It talks about systemic yeast causing many illness and the symptoms sound like some of the sle symptoms. I, myself, do not know what to believe, because I have seen books that say gluten resistance, or milk and milk products, or protiens, or carbs, that can cause many different diseases. It seems that almost everyone who knows me has a cure for what ails me.

I can tell you that I did try the diet in the above mentioned book years ago and it did make me feel better.

In Him,

Karen

Saysusie
01-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Chronic yeast syndrome has been linked to a number of conditions such as: Crohn`s disease, scleroderma, myasthenia gravis, eczema, lupus, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis, acne, asthma, and chronic hives.
So, what you are experiencing is not uncommon for those of us with Lupus. Until you get a treatment from your doctor, here are some ways to deal with it:
* Try controlling chemicals in your environment: avoid cigarette or environmental smoke; keep insecticides in the garage; buy natural fibers; air-dry clean clothes; avoid odorous toxic substances in house; use an air purifier and drink bottled water.

* Monitor your diet to include more vitamins and eliminate yeast from your daily menu: sweets, breads and alcohol are main ones to avoid. Give your body time to shed these “toxins” with daily exercise as well. By following these guidelines, your symptoms will hopefully improve.

I hope that this was helpful!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Suzique
01-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I have no idea if this would apply to you guys, but my OBGYN told me that I was cleaning myself too much. I thought that the recommended vinegar or baking soda washes would make it better, but she told me that I was cleansing away good things too (protective layer of mucous, for one). She said gentle exterior only washing with mild soap should be adequate. I followed her advice, and I have a lot fewer and milder problems with the yeast, although they still come. Cotton undergarmets and looser clothing helps a lot, too. I wear a lot of caftans and house dresses due to my abdominal problems with Crohn's anyway. I can almost plan to have an outbreak if I wear pantyhose or snug pants for several hours!
I hope this is helpful.

Susan

luvwine2007
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I've done everything under the stars. Cotton underwear, yogurt, no bubble baths, no soap period, acidophillus supplements, lots of garlic, tea tree oil, low sugar diet (most of the time!), lose clothing....you name it! So frustrating. Maybe now when I see the dr and tell her "lupus" she will better be able to help.

This lupus thing is explaining so many problems over the years <sigh>.

sick n tired
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
luvwine,

One thing that I do know as a "help" might be to eliminate all sugar and yeast from the diet. If you have ever baked bread then you will know that it takes flour, sugar(or sweetner like honey, or juices), warm water and that is what stimulates the yeast. It sounds logical and I know when I am having an outbreak I can attribute it to too much sugar consumption. Of course, that is my body. Yours may be different. I do not think that this is a cure all, but it might help you control it better.

In Him,

Karen

Numpty
01-17-2008, 03:44 AM
I used to have the same problem all the time and my GP used to repeatedly test me for Clamidia (spelling?) which used to drive me insane and always came back negative ~shocker~ I would flare up any time I was given antibiotics and then it became almost a weekly occurance! Horrible!

She finally gave me some cream which you put into an applicator and insert like a tampon (sorry to any guys reading this). If used at the first hint of an itch or soreness it seems to stop it dead in its tracks for me.

I can't recall the name and am at work just now, will check and post it as soon as I get home! Might be worth asking your doctor about! I've gone from needing treatment at least once a week to using it perhaps once every four months or so!

Claire
x

Missy
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I used to have this problem, too. Oddly enough, it was when I was undiagnosed, but clearly having Lupus problems (looking back). When I went on Cellcept, PRednisone, etc. they went away. I know it sounds weird. It was like when my Lupus got under control, the yeast infections did, too.

I, personally, do not believe in the systemic yeast theiry, but others do and sometimes anything is worht a try.

Good luck!

luvwine2007
01-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Update:

I had my annual appt with a new NP on Monday. She was very knowledgeable about pretty much everything....except the infections. She also didn't seem terribly concerned. But, she was open ears. She put me on diflucan for four months, 2 times per week, and changed my pill to one where I only get a period 4 times per year. Since they seem to be related to my period, hopefully that will at the very least cut the infections down to four times per year, which is less than what i get now!! :)