PDA

View Full Version : ringing in my ears

sick n tired
01-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I am having a constant ringing in my ears and have also been dizzy. I do not have pain in my ears like an infection. Is this a symptom or just random. It is beginning to drive me crazy. :crazyeyes: It sounds like summer when the cicadas or locusts are all making noise in the trees. So because of the dizziness, I am unable to drive or even walk at times when it is real bad.

If there is someone who has combatted this and won I would love to hear the remedy......

In Him,

Karen

marion
01-11-2008, 03:52 AM
Go and see a doctor for your ears:)It could be your ears!

deeaal
01-11-2008, 06:43 AM
I also have experienced profound hearing loss and ringing in ears. i get so dizzy that i can not drive. It is realy important to call an Ear, noise and tthought doctor ass soon as posible. mine started in may. at first my reg. doctor keep telling me i just had the flue. i totaly loss most hearing in left ear and some in right. this was before diagnose of connective tissue disorder with suspected lupus. after one month called an E.N.T> he got me in that day... said it is very important to catch right away. stated me on oral steriod predizone. Then i had a new surgery were they inject steriod directly in ear drum.. i have since regained all of my hearing in right ear and enough in left ear that i can get by without a hearing aid.since the lupus findings my rummy says that my ears are orgains and he believes they have been effected. I still get the ringing but am told itis mormal.

luvwine2007
01-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I get ringing in my ears all the time, but I'm not sure if it is lupus related. You could have vertigo. My husband gets that all the time. Sometimes there is a cure, sometimes there is nothing they can do, as in his case. Lucky for him it is something that only happens every couple of months.

But, definitely see an ENT....

hatlady
01-11-2008, 10:51 AM
'could also be labrynthitis - I had that once, an the rining and the vertigo were fierce! THere are so many conditions that affect the ears and cause vertigo, you can't play around with it.

Definitely go to the ENT and quickly!

Let us know how it goes...

sick n tired
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Well thank you all for responding. Deeaal, I never knew that I could lose my hearing and will definately check it out. I am going to call the reumy on Monday. the dizziness has abated some. the only thing is I read that some of the side effects for Plaquenil were dizziness, tinnitus or ringing in the ears, etc.

Hatlady I learned a new word, labrynthitis. The name sounds like inflamation of the labrynth. :D Actually I did google it and it sounds awful, I hope that it never comes back to you.

I will let you know what is decided.

In Him,

Karen

sick n tired
01-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I called the rheumy and told him the symptoms that I am having and he took me off of plaquenil for a week to see if it is the cause. After that I am to go to an ENt, (if the ringing does not stop)

MommyKaren
01-17-2008, 07:16 PM
I found taking magnesium caused mine ringing to stop.. I found this link that mentions other supplements.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-105.shtml

maybe you can get some insight on there. Magnesium can be flushed from damaged kidneys. That is the only apparent damage I have to my kidneys from the lupus. most doctors won't test for low magnesium. I also take a B complex vitamin. It is supposed to help absorption of the mag.