PDA

View Full Version : tender muscles

cheryl_v
01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Any idea how to relieve tender muscles. I am bruising every time I barely bump something. It hurts when barely touched or bumped, can't even rub to help relieve (even that causes alot of pain). I think I've asked on this subject before, but can't remember or see a forum about it. Also, not sure if it has anything to do with it, my bloods thick and not flowing as fast as it should. Maybe that can be cured by more water? The muscles are so sensitive, just not sure how to take care of it. Thanks for listening :) .

sick n tired
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Cheryl,

When I hurt I soak in a hot bath water, however, my other idea would be to apply ice to the bruises. I wish that I could be of more help.

In Him,

Karen

cheryl_v
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks anyways. Why ice for a bruise, to relieve pain? Never heard of ice for a bruise (except a black-eye, but thats for swelling). I thought you just had to deal with it until it went away. I'll have to try that. :)

hatlady
01-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Ice can be helpful on bruises - reduces the swelling which reduces the pain. Also reduces inflamation - if any of your sore muscles feel "hot" this can be very helpful.

VERY gentle hugs, dear, I hope you feel better soon!

cheryl_v
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Thank you, everyone's always so kind. I had no idea there was swelling with bruises on legs and arms. Thought bruises only had swelling when in facial area. My arms and legs are always swollen anyways, guess I never noticed, lol. One problem though, when I applied the ice pack, the muscle pain eased and an a bone pain began. I'll keep trying, the bruised area did feel better with ice. :)

sick n tired
01-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm glad that the muscle pain eased. Don't you hate it when one thing gets better, but the remedy makes something else hurt?

I know with fibro that hot water helps, but it makes the inflamation of the lupus worse. at least with me.

BTW I also was told that the ice on bruises helped them not spread and would speed up their healing.

In Him,

Karen

mnjodette
01-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm so sorry you're hurting, Cheryl. We have a spa (hot tub) and it's been great to sit in when my hips and legs are so sore. A hot bath feels good, too, as Karen says. I hope you're doing better tonight. You have company anyway - I'm up at 2:00 AM with terribly sore hips...I should probably go soak in a tub myself! :(

Jody

cheryl_v
01-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you all so much. I took a hot bath, I'm lucky that I have a garden tub. The muscles are better today, except the lower back. Any idea what I can do to ease it, or what I did to cause it? The muscles in my lower back at the waist line below my ribs, both sides. They ache steady and hurt alot when touched. I find out what I did, I'll make sure I don't do that again. Jody, if the e-mail for this reply came last night, instead of this morning for some reason, I would have chat back. I was up to 2:15am myself. Sorry I missed you. Sometimes my responses come late lately. Thanks again, you all are so helpful and supportive. :D

cheryl_v
01-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh forgot, rude of me, thanks Karen for the advice with the bruise. It is annoying with the way your body works. Check back later, thanks again everyone. Going to try to soak in the tub again later. :)

Faith
01-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Cheryl_V,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling so well. Have you been checked for Fibromyalgia? Just curious; I have FM and my lower back, upper back and neck hurt all the time. Muscle relaxants (Flexeril) at night seem to help relax the muscles at night so I can sleep. They can also be taken during the day. I would talk to your rhuemy and see what he/she suggests. Have you been diagnosed with FM? It usually follows Lupus in most cases from what I understand.

Just saw my GP; didn't say anything about my r-hip hurting and he started prodding away. I found out I have tronchanteric bursitis; never heard of it but it is a major muscle connecting to the r-hip. I was told to use the heating pad on the hip; also used it on my back. It would temporarily relieve the pain; though not permanently. It's frustrating because if it is not Lupus flares; it seems to be FM all Winter.

I am sorry; didn't mean to ramble on. I hope you feel better and keep us updated on what your rheumy says.

Take care,

Faith 8)

cheryl_v
01-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Hello Faith, thanks for the reply. I had been dx with FMS, but he took the dx back. Unsure, wants now to see what new Rhuemy says. Its just aggrivating, had my shot a week ago and was feeling like me again. Now all this, its annnoying. My doc is unsure what I have, but will say it's a connective tissue disorder. That he says he's sure of. I'll see what new Rhuemy says. I've had 3 dx, and all taken back. That was depressing, but with everyones help here I got through it. Thanks again.

cheryl_v
01-13-2008, 08:41 AM
P.S. Forgot, ramble on all you want. I don't mind listening, its actually helpful to me hearing about others, makes me feel like I'm not alone and others do have and understand whats going on. I know it, but reassuring reading aboout others. My lower muscles won't give on the pain though, tried almost everything I can think of. The pain is more towards the lower outer side of the back, so it hurts to lay on my side and back.. Not meaning to gripe, just thought I'd mention location so encase it sounded familiar to someone else they could tell me how they got rid of the pain. Sorry I keep posting behind myself, just can't seem to remember everything I wan't to write down. Brain fog is driving me crazy, as well as everyone else. Ta-Ta, thanks again everyone for advice and support. It means alot :D .