PDA

View Full Version : New member!

mim61
01-10-2008, 05:04 PM
HI: I'm new to posting! I joined to see what others are talking about with Lupus. I have had Raynaud's since my teens, then dry eye and dry mouth about 5 years ago and retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy (enlarged lymph nodes behind the abdomen). My ENT thinks it's Sjogren's but my blood tests can't prove anything.
Without diagnoses, you're stuck! How can you say you have it without a Drs diagnosis? :cry:

Numpty
01-11-2008, 02:32 AM
Hey there and welcome to the forums!
I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble getting a proper diagnosis, I don't have one myself yet but keep on pushing forwards towards one!
There are lots of people here that can offer you good advice!
Take care of yourself!
Claire
x

mnjodette
01-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Welcome! Autoimmune diseases are a 'bear' to diagnose - sorry you're finding that out! I have Sjogren's, and Raynauds, too, as well as systemic lupus and fibromyalgia. Generally, the diagnosis for Sjogren's requires something like a lip biopsy (not particularly painful - just sounds creepy.) The docs will want to determine if you have primary Sjogren's (by itself) or secondary Sjogren's (with another autoimmune disease.) There's a good website with info about Sjogren's that you might find helpful. http://www.sjogrens.org/syndrome/ Glad you found us - there are always things to learn from this forum. I hope your docs can help you get some answers.