PDA

View Full Version : costochondritis, does anybody suffer from this?

ethanandrew
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
i thank saysusie for helping me figure out why my rib pain isso bad when theres no pluerisy (excuse spellin). now i have fibromyalgia. i just returned from wisc. for holidays and i cant move my head, my back and hips hurt so bad and terrible head aches. so far iam diagnosed with auto immune hep.,fibro, ra, and sle. and costochondritis i also have discs in my lower back that have narrowed and curvature of the lower spine.

i hope i can be in remission soon iam supost to get married in june.
does anybody have fibro?

Faith
01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi ethanandrew,

I have Fibro, Lupus, costochondritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome to name just a few. It sounds as though you have a bad case of costochondritis. :oops:

It's painful, a suggestion is to take liquid filled Advil capsules, warm bathes, and a heating pad to the areas hurting the most. Rest, don't lift anything heavy if you can, take it easy.

It took about a week for my sternum to deflate to it's normal size, and finally the pain went away. I was told by my doc; whatever you did, don't plan on doing it again if you don't want costochondritis. I had really had bouts of indigestion along with it; it was awful.

I hope you feel better soon and send you cyber hugs. If you have any questions, I am happy to answer if I can. Take care of yourself.

Take care,

Faith

ethanandrew
01-04-2008, 04:34 AM
thanks faith,

i cant take anything but oxycodone for pain because of my liver enzymes. i think ibuprophen would work better than oxy. the oxy really doesnt do much for the pain . it just takes the edge off. i will do the heating pad and bathes. i have terrilbe indigestion and G.I pain to . the fibro seems to be the worst right now. its different from the lupus pain.

thankyou faith!

Faith
01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi EthanAndrew,

I am sorry to hear you can't take ibuprophen. I had the same terrible indigestion and G.I. pain. I thought it was just me. . . . .

Just when you think you know what to expect from Lupus, you are taken by surprise with FM. lol. Yes, it is different from Lupus pain. It's surprising because I was talking with a dr who made comment they cross over and most people can't tell one from the other. I commented I knew it FM, I was just in denial for some time as it is vastly different.

How are you feeling? I hope better. Take it easy.

Take care,

Faith 8)

sick n tired
01-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I have fibro, also. Actually, I have a hard time figuring out what hurts worse, fibro or lupus. My doctor has put me on cyclobenzaprine, fiberflex, for the fibro and it seems to help. He recently quadrupled his first dose on an as needed basis. Meaning if I am in excruciating pain then I am to up the dose.
I hope that you go into remission soon and that you have a great wedding. When are you due to marry?

In Him,

Karen

ethanandrew
01-08-2008, 04:38 AM
thanks for the info. i want to get married in july, just a simple wedding NO STRESS ha ha. I have such a wonderful guy. were going to get married in wisc. I have lived in louisiana since aug. My guy does logging down here. i love the winters.

you are also right about the difference in pain fm and lupus it hurts in different areas and its a different kind of pain. I feel better today, the pain has dropped about 60 %. thanks

Faith
01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi EthanAndrew,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. A wedding without stress? Eeeks; I hope it is stressless for you. That's a challenge in itself!! lol. So, what are the winters like in Louisiana?

The Fibro is a different kind of pain, and it really flares up in the Winter. The simple things I used to be able to do are iffy.

Well, I wish you the very best with your wedding, and I hope everything goes okay.

Take care,

Faith 8)

vw
01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
as far as the costrochindritis ( spelling always an issue :) ... anyway heads up I have been dealing with this for about a year and a half - yea it sucks but heating pad - aleve- and muscle relaxers.. take it easy is all I can say ..

vw :D