PDA

View Full Version : alcohol and rash?

joakris
01-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Okay so i have drank 3 times since august and i am wondering if any one else gets this instant rash from drinking.

Wtihin 3 hrs i get this itchy rash all over my body, its different then the one i have got in the past and the one i currently have. its little red bumps and really imflamed on my chest and legs. it usually goes away after a coulple of days, but always inthe same spots, its weird.

I have never had a problem with alcohol, ever! i used to drink all the time ( im only 24) but on sunday i had 3 drinks and instanly i had a rash! it like my body cant tolerate the alcohol? this sucks i can never drink again?

is this lupus related?

ldrinker
01-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi,

I've never experienced the rash that you are talking about, but I do feel that I have a VERY low tolerance for alcohol. In addition, a good friend of mine who does not have Lupus gets a rash anytime she drinks due to a niacin allergy. You might want to have that checked out.

Good luck!

- Lauren

joakris
01-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah I thought maybe i was allergic to the red bull but then one of the 3 imes i drank i had lemonade and patron so no red bull but still same rash!

I have been trying to tell my doctor that i need to see an alergist but part of him thinks i have some kinda of virus that is causing my rash!@ yeah right! I feel like they have no idea what they are talking about!

How did your friend find that out? like is that something they test you for?

ethanandrew
01-03-2008, 04:22 PM
When i developed a rash from drinking it was my liver. my liver enzymes were sky high and i didnt know it. lupus it seems attacks the kidneys. mine attacked my liver. i dont mean to scare you. your doc must check your liver enzymes i hope. i dont drink anymore and i dont miss the hangovers ha ha. hope you can find out why and its not your liver

ldrinker
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I believe my friend went to an allergist and was tested for a Niacin allergy. However, the liver enzymes make a lot of sense too. Make sure to follow up with your doctor. Good luck!

- Lauren

joakris
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
thanks guys!

Yeah I thought it was a little weird that all of a sudden i get this rash! I have never had a problem with drinking until i had this weird rash then everytime i drank since august i broke out in this rash!

I'm not an alcoholic either! I'm 24 yrs old I like to party and have fun ( in moderation)
I hope my liver isnt damaged but its a good topic to bring up in disscussion with my gp.

what would the warning signs be?
I get all puffy and swallon instantly when i drink. i get a flushed, and a rash.
I have been noticing that when i wake up in the moring i am swallon too ( i thought that was side effects of rynauds? bad blood flow? swallan fingers)
my eyes are all puffy and my body feels puffy, what ever. =)