PDA

View Full Version : PT for Headaches

dlavietes
12-31-2007, 09:21 PM
My new neuro dr was having me do physical therapy for these stupid headaches. The last session, he said that they're not helping the headaches, so I have to see him again. He already gave me nerve block shots. I'm getting more of them. Does anyone else get nerve block shots under their skull? They really hurt. I've had them in my back and in my joints, but never in my head.

By the way---Happy new year to everyone-
Better Health to us all

Diana

hatlady
01-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh my Diana that sounds so painful! I hope they help you.

I get headaches too - sometimes they can last for days. I've found that a massage therapist is often my best help. When I go to mine, I'll tell her I have a headache, and which side of my head (mine typically are on one side only) and she'll concentrate on my neck, shoulders, scalp and face.

With massage, I was told that "we lupies" should ask for theraputic massage, NOT deep tissue, as that releases too many toxins (mainly lactic acid) into the blood. Always drink one or two full glasses of water after a massage - again to help flush the toxins.

Take care, and I hope your headaches improve - QUICKLY!

Numpty
01-01-2008, 02:59 PM
That sounds terrible ~hugs~ So sorry you're having to suffer more pain to deal with the original pain!

I too get the most shocking headaches that can last a few days. No amount of painkillers seem to touch them and I've found the best thing for me is a gel pack thing my dad gave me which I keep in the freezer. You can also get strips (they're called 'Cool and Soothe') here which stick to your forehead and last for eight hours! Neither are a great look for work though which is a bit rubbish!

Hope you get some better relief soon Diana! I think I'll look into Hatlady's massage option for me too!

Claire
x

dlavietes
01-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Do you get different types of headaches? I get the stabbing one on the left upper part, and get the ones for days. Now this new thing is the back of my head. That's where I get the shots. I too use the ice blue bag frozen. That one is for stabbing pain. It's funny you mentioned massage, my daughter bought me a gift certifacate for a massage for Christmas. The first thing they ask you is are you healthy. I looked at my daughter and she nodded yes. Boy, it hurt so bad on the arthritis, but the rest of it was a-o-k. I wish you all well. Happy new year- 8)

Diana