PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my mom

befilledwithjoy
12-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi, first I want to say congratulations on getting the faith & fellowship forum set up -- it's been a while since I've been on and was so excited to see this -- it's exactly what I was hoping for!

I just got off the phone with my mom, who has lupus. She's been doing really well until about two months ago, she got shingles. She thought it was getting better then suddenly has gotten so much worse. She didn't hardly get out of bed today. She is such an awesome woman of faith, a true servant of God, and she is trying to stay strong and believe. She commented today, "I pray for all these people around me and they get better, why not me?" She continues to pray for so many, she is so faithful in her prayer life. I know this must be so hard for her to be in so much pain constantly. Please, believe with us for the shingles to clear and the pain to be gone, once and for all!! We serve an awesome, healing God, a miracle worker, and right now, that's what she needs.

Thank you for praying for my mom, Gloria -- thank you for believing with us for her complete healing!

Pretti in Pink
12-30-2007, 06:52 PM
I love for this forum too and glad that people do just what you have done, which is reach out to allow others to give you a hand and help pull the other up. I will absolutely keep your mother, Gloria, in my prayers. As we know GOD does all in HIS timing and what may seem a long time to us is only a mere second to GOD.

vw
12-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Please know your mom - is in my prayers. Keep us all up to date on how she is doing and know that we are all here !

Saysusie
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I will, most certainly, keep your mother in my prayers also. I know her sadness at feeling that her prayers for herself seem to be going unanswered. I am reminded of what my minister always says, "God may not give you what you ask for, but God will always give you what you need!"
That is probably not very helpful when she wants relief from her pain. But, I hope that she does not give up hope and that she continues to pray for others....especially know that there are so many of us who are praying for her!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mnjodette
01-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I prayed for your mom - and will keep her in my prayers. There are so many who are faithful and who give voice to their faith - that's a wonderful thing! God bless your mom for that faithfulness. You are so fortunate to have her as a role model, and it's great that you are so concerned for her.

Faith
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I will definately keep your mom in my prayers. She needs to stay strong and continue with her faith. I hope she gets better soon.

Take care,

Faith

befilledwithjoy
01-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Happy New Year! And that's just what it is -- a NEW YEAR, a new beginning, a new start. Thank you all so much for agreeing us in prayer. My mom has been a little better, she's been able to get out of bed and shower and try to stay up for a while, at least yesterday and today. She was able to make dinner for my dad tonight, so that's a good sign! We're continuing to believe that 2008 will be a wonderful year, a year of healing! It has been so encouraging to know that others are praying, I'm so thankful for this forum and each of you that take the time to read and pray! Thank you!

StillBlessed
01-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Your mom and your entire family are in my prayers. I claim healing for your mom as I know that God is the GREAT healer. Many years ago when my lupus came out of remission I was very ill. After two years the drs told me to go home and get my things in order there was nothing else they could do for me. Right then and there I gave it to God and one morning all the pain was gone and I was healed. The drs were stumped and wondered what happened. I told them it was God and I have been giving Him glory and telling of His goodness every since. Since God is not a respector of persons what He did for me He will do for your mom. Beleive and consider it done!!!

befilledwithjoy
01-14-2008, 11:39 AM
We serve such an awesome, miracle working, healing God!! My mom called me this morning, in a VERY chatty mood -- which she hasn't been in for almost 3 months! She is on day 4 of NO PAIN!! The area where she had the shingles has healed, other than looking like a faint scare and other than a few minor "twinges", she has been pain free!!! Praise God! Thank you for all the prayers!! She has been on pain pills for over two months trying to get over this whole ordeal. The funny thing, when calling, she wasn't calling necessarily to tell me how well she was feeling, but to give me an update on a friend of hers that she had prayed with several months ago. The friend has cancer and was told she was dying, to get her affairs in order, etc. My mom ran into her one day and didn't even recognize her - she stopped and prayed with her for healing, for forgiveness, for renewal. Her friend called to say she is now in remission!!! To God be all the glory!!

Pretti in Pink
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
That is SO AWESOME! You mom sounds like a true example of the way GOD wants us to be. I am glad she is feeling better but more importantly that she hasn't let her illness keep her from thinking and praying for others. Many times when you're going through and you reach out to help others it brings you up as well. This is an awesome testimony for you mom and her friend. It is also proof that GOD's WILL will be done regardless to what man says, the doctors can say one thing (although we thank GOD for them) but GOD has the final say.

Saysusie
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
What wonderful news. I am soooo happy that your mother's pain has subsided and that she is enjoying her pain-free days. Yes, prayer is a mighty thing and her prayers were answered, both for herself and for her friend!

I love good news...thank you so much for sharing your good news with us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Precious85
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
By the stripes of Christ--we are already healed! Don't be fooled by the symptoms in our bodies :wink: ... Our God is sooo much bigger than Lupus!

Be a blessing!