PDA

View Full Version : Venting ie- checking in ..

vw
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok, I'm having a bad day. Lately I am on an emotional roller coaster. Putting the physical stuff on the side - I have been so depressed .. The holidays have taken alot out of me- with family and the crazyness of it all I have just felt so depleated ... I recently started taking plaquneil about 3-weeks ago - I just want to make sure that this depression is not a side effect. I have been waking up so sad - this is not my norm - even when things are bad - just wanted to vent and you are all my spring board- Not to mention my aniexty is out of control. Thanks for the ear

Faith
12-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi vw,

Nope, it's not the Plaquenil. You will get some additional energy; but depression is not Plaquenil related. Many Lupus patients are depressed; not knowing or understanding what you are fighting. Where is your life going to be in 6 mos, 1 year, 2 years. It's very frustrating. I would talk to your GP or Rhuemy and see what they suggest.

I remember in the beginning crawling from my bed to the bathroom for 5 days because of DLE (skin photosensitive). I really wondered what in the world I had done to deserve this disease because the pain was incredible and I couldn't walk. We have all been there.

I started to read the blog and not only learned more info and coping mechanisms, but I also have more of an understanding of what my body is going through. Hang in there, and talk to your GP. Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

Take care,

Faith 8)

sick n tired
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I have been on the same roller coaster as you, vw, and it is not fun.
It is nice to have people on this forum who understand. I think that depression is part of the whole problem. We are told that what we have or what the Dr thinks that we may have is incurable and it seems like the flare will be lifetime. I guess that can depress anyone.
Anyway, just know that you can vent anytime here and be understood.

In Him,

Karen

vw
12-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for your support and constant understanding - I don't know what I would do without you all !

vw

joakris
12-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Just want you to know that your not alone

and i cant begin to express how much this "thing " has effected me.

I am thought to have SCLE, which is horible right now and all I want to do is cry, curl up into a ball and cry. I cant stand the skin im in~! :)

i have been dealing with this for not nearly as long as some of you veterans have but its really over whelming and scary and urrrrhghghghghg!!! =) all at the same time.

I would suggest goin to a therapist. I have just statrted going. the only reason i am ( i totally hate some one gettin paid to listen to HOW I FEEL)
but right now this burden that i bare i cant do alone and neither can you.

we are all here for you but sometimes having someone to help you relaize what your feeling is normal, helps.

take care
muah!! ( thats my xoxoxox) everyone needs a little TLC :lol:

vw
12-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Joakris, thanks so much for your words.. I wanted to cry just reading it.. Knowing that I am not alone in this means so much in itself. I started seeing a therapist not to long ago with regard to the sitiuation. Funny though one of my problems- she is trying to help me with is talking about what I am feeling - I hate burdening people with my issues with Lupus... or anything else for that matter - I guess I need to just say whats on my mind and let go of all this crap- I know I would feel better just doing that !

Thanks again
vw

joakris
12-28-2007, 09:44 AM
VW,

Your totally welcome! 8) :lol:

muah!

hatlady
12-28-2007, 10:15 AM
This time of year is so hard on everyone. We set our expectations for the holidays ridiculously high, then when we don't have a textbook perfect "White Christmas" holiday, we feel something's missing. I think that there's a little winter depression for many of us - not just the lower light level and shorter days, but remembering childhood and how we celebrated then. Christmas had a magic when there really was a Santa Claus - at least in our minds.

Don't be hard on yourself, dear, this time of year is enough to get anyone down! Might have nothing to do with the lupus. And, as the others have said, it isn't the Plaquinel, as far as we know.

But give yourself a bit of time - you're still adjusting, and trying to do so at a difficult time of year. If at all possible, have your special someone give you a hug, then take a long hot bath filled with bubbles, and curl up with a good book. No, it doesn't cure a thing. But it feels good - and may help you get through one more day.

Gentle hugs ~

vw
12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks so much for the words of wisdom from all of you - I will take all the advice I can get !!!! And try to give some back at the same time ..Thanks for all the shoulders to cry on -