PDA

View Full Version : weird sensation in one foot

teresaa40
12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
For about a month now, my left foot has had the weirdest thing going on. I didn't hurt it, but, it just started having what feels like a tendon or a muscle that stabs with pain if I kneel down on it, and is generally tingly on the top of my foot from the ankle to my toes. It feels like pins and needles if I have a shoe that fits just snug against the top of my foot.

Any thoughts?

Numpty
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Have no idea, but hope that you get it sorted out soon ~leaves a bundle of hugs for you~

mnjodette
12-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I have a very similar thing in my left foot - had it once before, and eventually it turned into plantar fasciitis. It IS weird - I agree. It just doesn't seem logical - you kneel down and your foot hurts!

The tingling, though....maybe a neuropathy? That's pretty common with lupus. As usual, a good question for the doctor!

Faith
12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
My Mom is a diabetic and had the pins and needles feeling from her feet up to her legs every night; it's neuropathy. Unfortunately, they didn't have Nueroton to help as they do now. She has no feeling in her feet due to the disease progressing.

I have heard that infrared therapy helps and there is a herb that helps with circulation. I honestly don't remember what it is. I am sorry. Many physical therapists have infrared anodyne therapy machines that you strap around the areas that you are experiencing problems with though you have to have a presciption from your GP or Rhuemy.

I hope you feel better. Take care,

Faith

teresaa40
12-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Wow, thank you all for your responses. I did some reading on neuropathy, and that is exactly what I am experiencing. It's amazing how much lupus can affect your body. I never realized it, but, I have been having neuropathic pain for years, I just chalked it up to arthritis or some similar complaint and just ignored it. Ho Hum, another symptom to add to the list. I still don't have my blood work results, probably due to the holidays and all, but, I will be calling my doc's office today just to check. Maybe something came in. '

Thanks.

cheryl_v
12-28-2007, 06:24 AM
I had the same problem in my right foot. Now tho its progressed to pain and pressure. Feels as if someone is trying to reshape my foot. Slowly starting in the left. I have doc app. next week Going to see what he says. Same here, another symptom to add to the long list already in progress.