PDA

View Full Version : Finger Pain - more in the tendons?

Christin
12-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi all, :-)
I am hoping some of you may be able to help me figure this out and/or know I am not alone. I have SLE, Raynauds and Fibromyaligia. My fingers have been very sore lately - not all of them, but instead only one or two per hand. I do experience quite a bit of joint pain, but this feels much different from that. The pain feels more like it is in my tendons or the connective tissue between my joints. It even hurst to press lightly on my fingers bones (not so much the joints). Has anyone else ever experienced this? I was diagnosed with SLE and Raynauds only 9 months ago and am still learning what is "normal" and what is not. Can anyone help?
Thanks and I hope all of you are having a good and as-close-to-pain-free day as possible!
Christin

sick n tired
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Christin,

Amongst other things and places, I have sle in my connective tissues. I know what you are saying when you say that only a few of the fingers hurt and the "webbing" in between the fingers. Soaking your hands in warm water sometimes helps me. Actually if it is really hurting me then I use hot water as hot as I can stand. Advil sometimes helps also. I take flexerol at night, but that is a muscle relaxer and Plaquenil.
I hope that you find relief soon.

In Him,

Karen