PDA

View Full Version : Loose Limbs

vw
12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have an issue with limbs feeling loose or knumbness in arms and legs >? Also can anyone give me advice on fatigue - meaning beyond the norm - take a nap but something to promote energy etc-

Faith
12-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi vw,

I don't have experience with numbness in arms or legs. As far as fatigue, take naps. Some rhuemys prescribe provigil or dexedrine for energy. Many insurance companies will not approve provigil; it's expensive.

Talk with your rheumy about it and see what he/she suggests if the fatigue is really bad.

Take care,

Faith

cheryl_v
12-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I get a lot of numbness in my arms and legs too. I'm not sure what you mean by loose limbs. As for mine, the shoulders pop hard and slip when pop. Feels as if not attatched well for a moment. My hips and knees do the same thing, left feeling as if they almost slipped out of joint. Is that what you ment, or something else? As for severe fatigue, I battle it myself with no ability to take a nap. I just drink LOTS of coffee, although that doesn't always help. An apple in the morning is suppose to wake you up better than a cup of coffee, according to my food health book. It has a section on fatigue I'll post if you want. I haven't had a chance to try the apple thing yet, with hubby and kids around their gone before I can get one. Hope you feel more energized soon. :)

mnjodette
12-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I have numbness in my leg (knee particularly) due to a neuropathy. But I also get a sort-of numbness, or exteme weakness in my arms and legs at times. Like they are very, very heavy, and I just have to sit down or fall down. I asked my rheumy about this yesterday, and she said prednisone (steroids) can cause that kind of muscle weakness. So, if you're on steroids, that may be part of it. There are other meds that list muscle weakness as a side effect, so you may want to read up on that.

vw
12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I get that heavy feeling arms legs and sometimes just all over my body... As far as naps are concerned - I don't have a chance to take them either - sometimes I am so tired at work I could just fall asleep at my desk - not good I am in finance ) this requires alot of energy !!! Thanks laides for the replies :D