PDA

View Full Version : hi im new to

manyhahas
06-09-2004, 07:44 PM
hi all,im 31and was diagnosed with lupus last month.its actually collagen vascular disease.but the docs say its also lupus.im always tired and break out in a fever and sweats.feels like i will pass out..my mom says when this happens my neck and cheeks turn red.and it feels prickly.im takeing pednisone...thanks ..hope to get to know all of you..theresa

Saysusie
06-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi Theresa and welcome to our forum. Lupus is one of the many collagen vascular diseases...so you have a collagen vascular disease known as LUPUS. I was about your age when I was first diagnosed. My daughter's lupus started out with red, itchy, warm hives which made her face flush. I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing. But, it sounds as if you are having some cutaneous involvment with your lupus.
Is your doctor a rheumatologist??
We are here to help you in any way that we can. I hope that you can find some friends here and that you can get the answers to your questions.

Again, Welcome
Saysusie

Missy
06-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Welcome, and hope you are feeling well. People are really supportive on this site, and I think you will find it useful! I know I have!

Missy