PDA

View Full Version : lupus book

mlarie
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I just read about a book call "I don't have Lupus anymore" by Stacey Becker, and I was wondering if anyone had read it. There was a add for it when I logged on today and it seemed really interesting. Any input on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Missy
12-15-2007, 09:16 PM
This stuff always sounds fishy to me. Maybe it would be worth a try if I didn't have organ damage from Lupus, but I just don't buy that my kidneys stopped functioning because of my diet or something.

I think we need to be cautious and skeptical about unproven claims. I'm a fan of scientific evidence. At the same time, I do think we are intuitive about our own bodies and I applaud people that listen to their body and find their disease improves.

Just my 2 cents.......

mlarie
12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I totally agree! I think that sometimes I just want so bad for there to be a cure-all for everything that Lupus has done to my life, you know? Thanks for your input. Logically I know that nothing is going to magically make Lupus disappear, but sometimes it's nice to hear that other people have gotten relief and years of remission from changing parts of their lives. Lately I've just been feeling really depressed over the whole situation because over the past year I've tried so hard to eat healthy, excercise regularly, and I even began doing yoga and meditation, and still have seen no positive improvement overall. Last month I got back on an antidepressant and it hasn't helped very much, so days I feel more depressed because it seems like just another pill to add to the pile. Thanks for listening!

Missy
12-16-2007, 09:33 PM
No problem! I can totally see how people really want to believe that there is just one reason for this disease and that there is an easy solution for controlling it. I applaud you for trying lots of things to see if they will help you. That's really all we can do - try to take care of ourselves the best we can. And be here for each other.

Take Care,