PDA

View Full Version : lower and upper back pain

WantItGone
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
hello all!

i hope everyone is feeling as well as can be expected. i have, once again, a question. one of my new symptoms i have experienced before. that is a pain in my upper back, right below my shoulders. it's the same kind of pain i experience in any other inflammed part of my body. unfortunately, my depo medrol has lasted only a little over a month. i'm thankful the 5 weeks that i've been virtually pain free. but, it's back. today i have inflammation in the lower and upper parts of my back. it's a dull pain in the lower back and really only hurts in the upper part when i move.

so, my question is, have many of you experienced this pain in the lower back? this is a new one for me and i've had symptoms for over 2 years. thanks in advance for any input!!

Faith
12-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

It's been a while since we chatted. I was really hoping the Depo Medrol would last longer for you.

Many of us who have Lupus are subject to other auto-immune diseases. Statistically, I they say 30% though I have heard it's more like 60%. Honestly, it sounds like Fibromyalgia which is another auto-immune that generally effects Lupus patients.

I would get into the rheumy doctor and explain your symptoms since they are more familiar with Lupus and related auto-immune diseases. I would ask for Flexerill 10mg before bedtime. It is a muscle relaxant and relaxes your muscles and is frequently prescribed for patients with FibroFibromyalgia.

I hope this helps out. Keep us updated and take care.

Faith :lol:

WantItGone
12-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Hi Want It Gone,

It's been a while since we chatted. I was really hoping the Depo Medrol would last longer for you.

Many of us who have Lupus are subject to other auto-immune diseases. Statistically, I they say 30% though I have heard it's more like 60%. Honestly, it sounds like Fibromyalgia which is another auto-immune that generally effects Lupus patients.

I would get into the rheumy doctor and explain your symptoms since they are more familiar with Lupus and related auto-immune diseases. I would ask for Flexerill 10mg before bedtime. It is a muscle relaxant and relaxes your muscles and is frequently prescribed for patients with FibroFibromyalgia.

I hope this helps out. Keep us updated and take care.

Faith :lol:

thanks faith. i'm seriously hoping i don't have any other autoimmune diseases, especial fibromyalgia. i've heard horrible things about that one. i called my rheumy this morning to see about the kenalog shot. i think it was you who told me that kenalog lasts 3 months as opposed to 1 month for depo medrol. before getting depo medrol, i asked the nurse about kenalog. i wasnt able to speak to my rheumy. anyway, the nurse told me that my rheumy doesnt administer kenalog and that it was virtually the same as depo medrol. well, if it's true that kenalog lasts longer than 1 month, they're not the same. so, i'll find out. i'll ask about the flexerill. thanks so much for your help! this is an extremely frustrating disease. i'm about fed up with it. as if i have any choice, huh? :)