PDA

View Full Version : I am afraid of what is happening....

lornak
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
about 2 months ago I woke up one morning and could hardly walk. got to stay home for 3 days till it past. I guess I should be happy that it passed so quickly. however, since then, I have not felt right. just recently for the past few days, I have had these horrible pains in my arms right below my elbows. they come on all of the sudden like I got hit with a base ball bat. my arms turn red like I have a sun burn. then it lasts for a few hours. it has been a cycle like that for the last few days. my toes are all red and I can't get warm. the few times that I do get warm after I put on several layers of clothing (even to go to work) I get terrible head aches and the nausea is aful. I have been taking pain meds (ultram) but I am still waking up in the middle of the night with the pain. my hands are cramping up and I dont even have enough strength in my wrists to hold my wallet. I am not used to this. is this something that others have felt? up to the last few months I was getting along pretty good. now all of the sudden, I feel like everything is falling apart.

SonyaLA
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Lornak,

Have you seen your doctor? You are the best person to assess what feels right... go with your instincts! I'm no expert, but your symptoms sound similiar to Raynouds (sp). Regardless of what it is, your doc should be able to help you reduce the pain, and other symptoms.

Sonya

God Bless

Saysusie
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Lornak;
Contact your doctor immediately. These symptoms could be a sign that something serious is happening. Hopefully it is not, but you need to see your doctor as soon as possible in order to determine if it is or not!
Please let us know what your doctor says!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

lornak
12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
well I am feeling a bit better. swelling is down but still have pain and the range of motion in my wrists has really diminished. Dr said it was a flare and everything from my elbows down to my finger tips was swollen. I think part of it had something to do with by blood count being off (too thick) they also adjusted the coumadin. now I get to go to the next step. cellcept. got alot of questions about that one. kinda scared

Saysusie
12-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better. I think your doctor should have given you a better explanation than that one, or at least an explanation that "explained" things (isn't that what explanation means!). I'm curious as to exactly what was causing the edema and inflammation?
Again, I am very happy that you are feeling better though. Please continue to keep us posted!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie