PDA

View Full Version : bad day

cjc
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
hello everyone,
today hasn't been a very good day. i am so tired of hurting all the time and not being able to do for myself is getting real old. does anyone else have to be cared for by someone else? or am i the unlucky one. i was told that there is a program that will pay my husband to stay home and care for me so that i am not here with a stranger... i am at the point where i need 24 hour care but i am not bad enough that i need to be in a nursing home. but i can't seem to find anyone who knows what i need to do or who can point me in the right direction. if anyone has any ideas please let me know..... :(

thanks
cjc

sick n tired
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh CJC,

I am not where you are at this point but let me offer you my prayers and a big, big, painless cyber hug.

In Him,

Karen
:B-fly:

Gisèle
12-02-2007, 09:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Hang in there, things will get better!! *HUGS* and prayers to you!! :angel:

Saysusie
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Most counties do have a program where caretakers are paid to stay in the home to care for someone. The pay is not great, but it is better than nothing. This program is usually handled by your Department of Social Services. I'm not sure what state and county you are in, but it would be the same county department that handles foster care, food stamps, medical etc.
You can go to your county's website and find the appropriate department. Usually, information on how to apply will be provided on the website.
In California, San Bernardino County, it is called IHSS (In Home Supportive Services).
Let us know what you find out about your county and how they might be able to help you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie